Gurvan Hall

LuCane

Administrator
Staff member
Glad it was Knowles not Hall on that. I saw the CB (I guess it was Ivey) come streaking in on a CB blitz, and I was shouting out loud "where tf is the safety" at the TV, lol. Then I see #26 all the way on the other side of the field. Didn't see #20 anywhere. And tbh, I hope I never see him on the field outside of STs again. Knowles is a trainwreck.
The corner, safety and OLB all on the same side of the field blitzed on the play. Something got lost in the communication. It'd be like intentionally not covering a WR.

Tetragrammaton Cane

Bandwagon Driverless
Hall wasn't on that side of the field. It was Knowles and Ivey - not sure who missed the call between them. I watched Hall on every single play he was in. He should be on the field for many, many reasons. His steps aren't always clean, but his short area is great, feet make up for mistakes and his closing burst is elite. He's the type of Safety we need. He's got Brandon Meriweather's mentality and style with Rayshawn Jenkins' size and feet.
But Hall was definitely in when Worter made the deep catch near the sideline. Frierson there too...Knowles ain’t the only one.

CF3

Recruit
Hall wasn't on that side of the field. It was Knowles and Ivey - not sure who missed the call between them. I watched Hall on every single play he was in. He should be on the field for many, many reasons. His steps aren't always clean, but his short area is great, feet make up for mistakes and his closing burst is elite. He's the type of Safety we need. He's got Brandon Meriweather's mentality and style with Rayshawn Jenkins' size and feet.
He closed a lot of ground on that bomb Friarson gave up. Just missed the play on the ball. After this game, came to the realization that it may take Gilbert a couple years a la Michael Jackson.

LuCane

Administrator
Staff member
He closed a lot of ground on that bomb Friarson gave up. Just missed the play on the ball. After this game, came to the realization that it may take Gilbert a couple years a la Michael Jackson.
That was not him. It was Derrick Smith. I know it's been incorrectly repeated on here a couple times. Hall was on the field side while Frierson (corner) and Smith on the boundary. Look at the number (26) coming toward as the bomb arrives over Frierson and Smith.

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 2.10.44 PM.png

Tetragrammaton Cane

Bandwagon Driverless

Cane_J15

Freshman
Our secondary will be better next year than it is now. If our LBs stay our defense should be much more talented and ready to take another step
Even if they dont Huff and Solomon are the real deal! Alot better in pass coverage very smart very athletic kids love the way they play! I cant forget Sam Brooks kid is amazing also an should be back to 100% with some s&c on top we have elite backers comin!

kruker

Recruit
The corner, safety and OLB all on the same side of the field blitzed on the play. Something got lost in the communication. It'd be like intentionally not covering a WR.
And yet a good part of ppl in the game day thread were so dumb to think it was a designed call by Manny. Was so clearly a busted play by guys getting their first taste of ball or who will never see the field in a game where it's still in doubt.

Dwinstitles

All-American
Smith to slow. Time to get Hall and Carter majority of playing time. This staff at some point has to realize they have to put the best talent on the field. Diaz needs to re thing his blitz packages.
Smith was one of those last minute offers, never liked his speed for this team at db. We should always have closing speed at db and lb and Hall has that.

caneinorlando

Recruit
Nah Man...It won't take a couple of yrs for Frierson....That kid made more big plays in HS than just about any kid I've watched in a Long time, on both Off..Def & STs....