Gurvan Hall

Odin

Junior
Him and carter back there would be scary
That's going to be fun to watch.We also need to recruit and develop a couple safeties fast because with the safety rules today I expect them to get kicked out of a couple games.

supacane

Senior
Our secondary will be better next year than it is now. If our LBs stay our defense should be much more talented and ready to take another step

Cribby

All-American
I thought it was Carter until I saw the 26, I just assumed it was another causality for Amari

Pentagon Cane

Junior
I thought Carter and Hall played very well. Smith has to be relegated to the striker position. He just doesn't have the closing speed to play safety. Finley was outstanding today.

Dmorgan15

Recruit
Smith to slow. Time to get Hall and Carter majority of playing time. This staff at some point has to realize they have to put the best talent on the field. Diaz needs to re thing his blitz packages.
Yeah I said I wanted to see more of Smith at safety but Hall is definitely better back there. Smith needs to stick to striker position.

BentSteelCane

Recruit
Wow!!!! Dude brings the hammer. Went back and looked at his recruiting videos and it's in his blood, to wreck ball carriers. Doing that number proud ❤

grover

Senior
Love Hall's potential. Thought he would be in 2 deep next to Carter already, but he got injured in Spring ball.

That said, who messed up on the coverage during that corner blitz where Worton ran down the right sideline for an uncovered score? I saw Hall all the way on the other side of the field, couldn't see who the other safety was, assuming we even were in cover 2. ... Either way, our young guns need to get stronger with fundamentals.

brock

All-American
Love Hall's potential. Thought he would be in 2 deep next to Carter already, but he got injured in Spring ball.

That said, who messed up on the coverage during that corner blitz where Worton ran down the right sideline for an uncovered score? I saw Hall all the way on the other side of the field, couldn't see who the other safety was, assuming we even were in cover 2. ... Either way, our young guns need to get stronger with fundamentals.
Knowles and Ivey mix up

JohnZarrilli

Sophomore

This is the one area of concern I have going into next year. Our current DBs aren’t gonna blow you away with athleticism, but they don’t make many mistakes, relatively speaking, and they play well together.

I’m glad the younger guys who will step in next year are getting a lot of burn rn, should ease the transition.

LuCane

Administrator
Staff member

Hall wasn't on that side of the field. It was Knowles and Ivey - not sure who missed the call between them. I watched Hall on every single play he was in. He should be on the field for many, many reasons. His steps aren't always clean, but his short area is great, feet make up for mistakes and his closing burst is elite. He's the type of Safety we need. He's got Brandon Meriweather's mentality and style with Rayshawn Jenkins' size and feet.

grover

Senior
Glad it was Knowles not Hall on that. I saw the CB (I guess it was Ivey) come streaking in on a CB blitz, and I was shouting out loud "where tf is the safety" at the TV, lol. Then I see #26 all the way on the other side of the field. Didn't see #20 anywhere. And tbh, I hope I never see him on the field outside of STs again. Knowles is a trainwreck.