Great piece on Chinese disinformation

RVACane

“This space available”
No, that's just a curmudgeon and completely understandable. I'm talking about the kind of guy who's usually near a courthouse or town hall sitting alone on a bench yelling for the invisible guy next to him to stop touching him. If you ever actually talk to them, they'll educate you on how the government does all sort of things you never imagined they would.
When I was younger I would talk to people like that. Seriously, in college I had a good friend from NJ and I was walking and talking with him in the Village around 1985 and I turned and he wasn’t there. He was a few feet back sitting on a warm vent on the street talking to a bum on the vent. He gave the bum a cigarette and started smoking with him and the bum knew his name. I said “wtf??? How does he know you???”

He said “yo I always talk to bums so I can get their views on the world and bug out.”

Lol. It became part of the routine of hanging out with him. Especially after smoking weed.

BlastUla

Freshman
When I was younger I would talk to people like that. Seriously, in college I had a good friend from NJ and I was walking and talking with him in the Village around 1985 and I turned and he wasn’t there. He was a few feet back sitting on a warm vent on the street talking to a bum on the vent. He gave the bum a cigarette and started smoking with him and the bum knew his name. I said “wtf??? How does he know you???”

He said “yo I always talk to bums so I can get their views on the world and bug out.”

Lol. It became part of the routine of hanging out with him. Especially after smoking weed.
A huge percentage are paranoid schizophrenics... and not all of them take their meds. Good times... until someone gets hurt.

CaneOil

Junior
The most important thing we can take away from this is, Don't trust communist China and bring our supply chain home and to Mexico. Every time we shop we try to buy American even in the dollar store you can find American products.

Americans have to change their buying habits to get our companies to come back or at the very least go to Mexico. Up until now we've gone across the border quite a bit this year, the Mexican people are great people. A country we can trust much more than China. Nothing like the communist Chinese gov who wants to take us down. Make them stronger we make us stronger, it's time we all do our share if possible. As soon as we get this going start adding some south American countries to the list that could be built up. JMO

CaneOil

Junior
Another thing, I think Trump is going to hammer communist China for wrecking his/our economy he's worked tirelessly to get us there. That's if he gets re-elected. No way in hell he doesn't bring some of our much needed medical supply chain home.

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
The most important thing we can take away from this is, Don't trust communist China and bring our supply chain home and to Mexico. Every time we shop we try to buy American even in the dollar store you can find American products.

Americans have to change their buying habits to get our companies to come back or at the very least go to Mexico. Up until now we've gone across the border quite a bit this year, the Mexican people are great people. A country we can trust much more than China. Nothing like the communist Chinese gov who wants to take us down. Make them stronger we make us stronger, it's time we all do our share if possible. As soon as we get this going start adding some south American countries to the list that could be built up. JMO
There are so many reasons for us to support Mexico. The stronger they get economically, the less illegal immigration we'll have. The less crime they'll have. The higher standard of living that will spread through Latin America. This is the kind of neighbor we should be.

Tit-e-skr

Sophomore
There are so many reasons for us to support Mexico. The stronger they get economically, the less illegal immigration we'll have. The less crime they'll have. The higher standard of living that will spread through Latin America. This is the kind of neighbor we should be.
The problem is that Mexico's middle class lives in the U.S. The rest of Central America, for the most part, is a lost cause. The U.S already does a huge amount for our "America's" neighbors, at some point they need to do it themselves. They constantly knock on our door for money and other types of support.

JD08

The problem is that Mexico's middle class lives in the U.S. The rest of Central America, for the most part, is a lost cause. The U.S already does a huge amount for our "America's" neighbors, at some point they need to do it themselves. They constantly knock on our door for money and other types of support.
If we move more industry to the maquiladoras, jobs will rise, and the lower classes will become middle class. There is no such thing as a lost cause when its on your doorstep and you have the ability to help.

Tit-e-skr

Sophomore
If we move more industry to the maquiladoras, jobs will rise, and the lower classes will become middle class. There is no such thing as a lost cause when its on your doorstep and you have the ability to help.
I'm all for ditching those fuucks in China, but Central America will never be prosperous.

JD08

I'm all for ditching those fuucks in China, but Central America will never be prosperous.
Not with attitude they won't. Seriously though, they don't need to be prosperous, just better off.

CFLCane

Junior

Ahh, the conservative Utopia. That's not how capitalism works.

JD08

Talking about Chinese disinformation, why does the age distribution they provided not match ours even a little bit.

Theirs:
Screenshot_20200305-090538.jpg

Florida's:
Screenshot_20200320-201314_Drive.jpg

Salt

"It's All About The Roo"
Right now the Mexican drug cartels run the government. A lot of corruption there. Maybe if they clean things up but it's a mess right now. Making them richer will not change that.

ThomasM

Senior
The wage gap charts don't lie.
Well, look no further than Hillary Clinton and Sam Walton. Look what they did to workers. Look how they padded the pockets of the rich folks. They are everything that is wrong with the world.

SayWhat

Sophomore
100 percent support this.