Gray Looking to Play Offense at UM

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Carol City (Fla.) Athlete Trayone Gray is looking forward to competing with the best teams in Dade County this year and also take on some big time prospects.

“The two teams I’m looking forward to playing against is Miami Booker T. Washington and Miami Central because I want to play against Dalvin Cook. He is a player I never really played against in Optimist because he was always a pound ahead of me and he is like one of the best players in 2014 and I want to D him up.”

Gray is leading the Chiefs, as he will be playing multiple positions ranging from quarterback, running back to even receiver. He hopes to set records and be named an All-American.

“My personal goal is to get All-Dade and All-American and probably break a record from the past.”

Gray gave the University of Miami his pledge during the summer and hasn’t wavered at all throughout the process.

“My commitment is very strong to Miami.”

There’s been some discussion over what position the athlete will be playing at UM and he clarified what he knows.

“I don’t know. They got me as an athlete so I don’t really know, but somewhere on offense like quarterback or receiver.”

When asked if he has a preference for a position, Gray is leaning towards playing QB, but is willing to work with coaches at another spot.

“Quarterback, that’s my preference. I’ll play receiver or safety if they need me to play it, but my preference is quarterback.”

The 6’2", 190-pound athlete has taken notice of the recruiting class Miami has put together and is really liking the way it’s set up.

“The more guys we can get would be better for the UM program. It would be nice to get a few more players for the UM class.”

The Carol City superstar has been putting in word with other recruits and doing what he can to make them join the movement in Coral Gables.

“I have talked to Tyrek Cole, Tyree Johnson, and a few of my players as well.”

*Gray’s favorite player from Miami growing up was Andre Johnson

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This guy will be a playmaker at safety. He has the size and speed man.

The greater need is at S and hopefully that's where he ends up. Kid is up to 211 pounds already according to an ITU article today.

Advertisement
Love his size. I would think we need him more at safety and that would be fastest way to field for him. I think Kaaya will red shirt next year so at qb he will probably red shirt too. Next year will be deep at qb with Williams, Olsen and Cow. Come on in young man. Some of THE U's greatest changed positions and sides of the ball. Eddie Brown was a db; Sapp was a TE. I grew up in Carol City and Cook is committed to the swamp scum, so kick his rear end.

Kid will play wherever coaches put him, and that's not a teachable quality. Team player (seems like), love it.

I think he could be a beast as a Receiver, he'd be rag-dolling corners his entire college career.

.... but the greater need is at safety and he could be a beast there too if he wanted to be.

Advertisement
Personally, I think he belongs on the defensive side of the ball at safety, but I could see why they like him at receiver. Very Anquan Boldin like

Safety.

He is a team guy though....dude played every where for CC. And they had div 1 level qb last yr..that he was actually better than.

@wr hes intriguing also..he is raw..but hes a bully wr....you throw those quick slants to and he runs through guys..but i'd rather see that athleticism @ safety.

Kid will be a ball hawk..i hope Ethenic and Aubrey Hill play the kid on d some this yr. Carol city will be a sleeper team this yr.

Advertisement
Safety.

He is a team guy though....dude played every where for CC. And they had div 1 level qb last yr..that he was actually better than.

@wr hes intriguing also..he is raw..but hes a bully wr....you throw those quick slants to and he runs through guys..but i'd rather see that athleticism @ safety.

Kid will be a ball hawk..i hope Ethenic and Aubrey Hill play the kid on d some this yr. Carol city will be a sleeper team this yr.

Is Ethenic at CC? That's great. Liked him a lot when he was here. Took some classes w/ him. He had a little boy. Little dude must be getting up there to playing age. Wonder if he'd convert 3rd downs like his pops.

Last edited:
Safety.

Is Ethenic at CC? That's great. Liked him a lot when he was here. Took some classes w/ him. He had a little boy. Little dude must be getting up there to playing age. Wonder if he'd can convert 3rd downs like his pops.

Sands is the WR coach at CC now

I would prefer bringing this kid in as a WR because other schools will be knocking on the door trying to bring him in for offense if we don't make it clear we will give him a shot on offense first

Advertisement
Back