Grant Heyman

Advertisement
Grant Heyman goes for Univeristy of Miami instead of Blue Jays

Pittsford Sutherland’s Grant Heyman signed a letter of intent this weekend to play baseball at the University of Miami.

Heyman, a 6-foot-4, 200-pound outfielder, was an 11th round draft pick of the Toronto Blue Jays earlier this month. He said the opportunity to play baseball in the Atlantic Coast Conference was too much to pass up. Heyman said he has received permission to also walk onto the football team.

“It has always been my dream to play Division I sports,” Heyman said. “I was pretty positive that it wouldn’t happen at an ACC school like Miami, but now it is becoming a reality. The Miami coaches are pretty sure they can turn me into a first-round draft pick. I am ready to go down there and work hard.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Welcome to the U! He puts nice touch on the ball. A ton of roll outs, so I'm going to assume his OL wasn't the strength of his HS team.

The quality of football up here is pretty bad, so I would take those highlights with a grain of salt.

Advertisement
apparently this guy plays QB also....interdasting.

He's only coming here for baseball

Article says he plans to walk om

Don't think he'll get any playing time or see the field. If he does play doesn't his baseball sholly transfer to a football sholly?

Interesting question how it works with partial scholarships. If he were on full schollie, yes, when he played fb, it would transfer. But with a 1/3 scholarship, I'm just not sure. Hard to see why they'd ding fb, as a partial scholarship isn't 'gameable' that way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back