Good article on KJ Osborn

BoxingRobes

Junior
Unfortunately, only an Athletic article...not going to repost the whole thing...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. — K.J. Osborn may or may not develop into a star receiver for the Miami Hurricanes, but the 21-year-old graduate transfer from Buffalo is definitely on his way to fulfilling the leadership role coach Manny Diaz thought he could when UM plucked him out of the NCAA transfer portal in January.

And for a team that had problems throwing the football in 2018 – from poor quarterback play to the woeful mistakes displayed by the guys trying to catch the football – Osborn’s presence alone is proving highly valuable after just two months.

“K.J. was brought in because we have very talented wide receivers, but we’re very young. That was evident with our team a year ago,” Diaz said Wednesday after the Hurricanes completed their second practice of the spring.

“It’s not about whether they can play, it’s about do they understand how to practice, do they understand how to prepare, do they understand how to go to meetings? By all accounts of what we heard (about) K.J. at Buffalo, he was a star in all those things, in addition to the fact that he was a really, really productive player on the field. He has probably exceeded our expectations since he’s been here. We can’t kick him out of the building. He’s always in the meeting rooms.”
...read the rest on The Athletic.

Advertisement
Would love to read the rest. Unfortunately the link won’t let me. It seems very evident from the first two days of practice that he’s willing to put in the extra work whether it be with Tate or just catching balls out of the machine. I know it’s a small sample size but I love his work ethic so far. He’s got his eyes on the NFL and that is going to make everyone in the WR room better.

I think KJ is set for a monster season. Remember, this isn't just some 2-star guy who went to Buffalo, he was on the Biletnikoff watch list. A guy with that kind of work ethic must be polished as **** by this point in his college career. It's a perfect spot for him to have landed.

This is why you need senior leadership. Dude is mature and knows its his money season so he putting in that ******* work unlike typical freshman/sophomores who just wanna party, be lazy, or cry about playing time. Love this dude already, hope he balls out

Advertisement
This is why you need senior leadership. Dude is mature and knows its his money season so he putting in that ******* work unlike typical freshman/sophomores who just wanna party, be lazy, or cry about playing time. Love this dude already, hope he balls out
Agree, Manny values character as much as talent. This Was a great pick up, and he will pay it forward as the season evolves.

Advertisement
Back