Golden Raids Orlando

datcaneguy

Senior
Was in the area this week visiting some high schools
Lake Highland head coach Tim Borkcky talked about the impact of Golden presence
"We have a good reputation of signing good DI players every year," Borcky said. "It's so important (for head coaches to come by in Orlando). (Greg) Schiano when he got the job at Rutgers he came to every school here. That's when Rutgers hit their prime there when they were winning. He got a lot of Florida kids. He hit this area hard, and Al is doing the same thing here."
Says that Lake Highland is a traditional successful program and in his 19 years coaching at Lake Highland this is the first time a Miami coach came to his doors
Says before then the only coaches to come through were Art Kehoe and Don Soldinger way back when
Borcky says Golden is a great guy, very professional. He's a good, laid back guy and you can tell he's an intense coach. Says he was very impressed by him
Borcky had this to say about Golden; "He was on campus, wanted to meet us, see the school. He's doing that all over the area. We showed him the facilities. He said he wanted to start recruiting some of our guys for next year."
Says Golden is interested in two of the 2013 players in DE Landon Stokes and CB B.J. Simpson and a few others
Golden ask Borcky to send some of his student-athletes down to Miami for some summer sessions...Borcky says that they will definitely be packing up and heading down there this summer.
Had this to say why Miami hasn't been successful in getting players from the Orlando area:
"I think they have such a wealth of talent in Miami - if they're in Jacksonville, Tallahassee, it's the coaching staff has a good relationship with that high school coach in that area."
Borcky says that there hasn't been any UM presence in the area since Don Soldinger was at Miami
Says he remembers Soldinger hitting every school, talking to every coach
"Aside from him and Art nobody from Miami had hit this area. In the past they didn't focus on Orlando."

Advertisement
LOL at this being the first time in two decades that any of our coaches are spotted in that area.

Advertisement
LOL at this being the first time in two decades that any of our coaches are spotted in that area.

Ryan Moore of Orlando Dr. Phillips says hola.

20.jpg

Ironically in Feldman's Meat Market book, it was Kehoe's blowing off an Orlando HS visit that cost Ole Miss a top recruit. What a ride.

Advertisement
Says that Lake Highland is a traditional successful program and in his 19 years coaching at Lake Highland this is the first time a Miami coach came to his doors
"

I hate our past staffs even more everytime I hear a quote similar to the above quote. It reflects a poor attempt at doing your job as a CFB coach.

serious question...what did Coke and Randy (and staff's) do during the major recruiting time? I have never claimed to have the greatest football knowledge, but I have grown up in Orlando...been here since '84. Even I know everything in the Orlando to (roughly) Ft. Pierce area is fair game for the big 3. North of Orlando and you're neck deep in Gaytor-ville. Our coaches should return salary if they've never been to the Orlando area at least once during the offseason.

Ray Ray Armstong??? Kermit Whitfield???

aside from those two and Dye, R.Moore, and J. Joseph...it hardly counts. There has been plently of other quality players that our staff could have jumped on. The area has a ton of high schools where attendance runs a few thousand+.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back