Golden is a f**acking genius

CaneSB

Freshman
First, how can you not love this guy? After all we have been through and the new NCAA annual coaching carousel. Major jobs such as Auburn, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Arkansas have become available and this guy is sticking it out. We are very fortunate to have him at the helm.

But he is a genius for this reason...He masterfully uses every opportunity to promote program. That is a priceless marketing pitch and I am certain that a lot of the negative recruiting has been about Golden jumping ship. Can you have a more well thought out response?

Schad added "Wisconsin gauged interest Al Golden according to a source, but he is not entertaining interest from the Badgers or other colleges now. Multiple programs have reached out to Al Golden, per source, but he is excited about youthful roster and fact UM is already moving forward"

Translated....Everyone wants me. I am staying at UM. We are going to be really good in the future and sanctions are mostly in the past.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He seems to understand it's all about the []_[] lol. But I hope like everybody else, that he really does stick it out with us.

Advertisement
So far, he's talked the talk and walked the walk. He's shown himself to be quite genuine in a profession where many are anything but.

If he builds the program back, don't crown the man, memorialize the man. I'm talking, statue of liberty size, right in the middle of campus: he has the toughest job out of any Miami coach since Schnellenberger, maybe even tougher.

1232571374_b9eb036.jpg

Advertisement
Ohh good so mods edit posts on this website if they dont like your post.

Says all I need to know. No decension around these parts. Goldens a genius for doing the obvious.

Advertisement
"Somebody asked me about the storm the other day," Golden said. "I said it's been storming for 19 months now. I mean that's the truth. I feel like Lieutenant Dan in the Gulf on a shrimp boat. You call this a storm?

Lt Dan Al Golden.jpg

Advertisement
So far, he's talked the talk and walked the walk. He's shown himself to be quite genuine in a profession where many are anything but.

If he builds the program back, don't crown the man, memorialize the man. I'm talking, statue of liberty size, right in the middle of campus: he has the toughest job out of any Miami coach since Schnellenberger, maybe even tougher.

That's very true. SEC wasn't camped out in our back yard when Schnelly coached.

Psychology degree workin yo

as a side note Golden does have a masters psychology degree from UVA

Does he not?

A native of Colts Neck, New Jersey,[SUP][1][/SUP] Golden graduated from Red Bank Catholic High School, Red Bank, New Jersey,[SUP][13][/SUP] and earned his undergraduate degree in pre-law from Pennsylvania State University in 1991[SUP][1][/SUP] before receiving his master’s in sports psychology from the University of Virginia in December, 1996.[SUP][1][/SUP] A 2004 inductee of the Jersey Shore Sports Hall of Fame,[SUP][1][/SUP] he is married to Kelly Elizabeth Hanna of Lock Haven, Pennsylvania, and has a son, A.J., and two daughters, Addison and Grace.
Unlike most younger coaches, Golden wears a dress shirt, slacks and a tie on the sidelines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Golden_(American_football)

The fact of the matter is....There WAS an encounter...of a bear...by me, OK?

[video=youtube;HEBXSZVmcCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEBXSZVmcCQ[/video]

Advertisement
Back