God **** It: It Is Time To Re-Examine Mario Cristobal

1. We wouldn't be discussing him if he didn't play/coach here. Not that it matters.

2. It appears that he has Oregon moving in the right direction. He won the conference in his second year there and it is the first time since 2014 (when they went to the NCG).

3. Their QB is amazing; would have been a first round pick last year and is now a Heisman Candidate (possible first pick this year). Supposedly the kid is a genius too. He has been a starter since his freshman year (2016) and he wasn't recruited by Mario. He is gone after this season so we will see how Oregon looks going forward. We've seen numerous coaches have an elite player like this and are never able to have similar success.

Advertisement
Every time I start getting mad about Shanny, I'm reminded that Flake actually PAID 4 million dollars to TEMPLE when he hadn't even corched a single game there. Then I get irate.
imagine all the guys at Temple sitting around smoking Cohibas and drinking their 12 year old single malt Glenfiddich scotch and laughing their asses off at Miami ! One guy said " Let's look around, maybe there is something else that dumbass Blake James wants !"

imagine all the guys at Temple sitting around smoking Cohibas and drinking their 12 year old single malt Glenfiddich scotch and laughing their asses off at Miami ! One guy said " Let's look around, maybe there is something else that dumbass Blake James wants !"
26.png

Correction brother... they celebrated a bit better!

1. We wouldn't be discussing him if he didn't play/coach here. Not that it matters.

2. It appears that he has Oregon moving in the right direction. He won the conference in his second year there and it is the first time since 2014 (when they went to the NCG).

3. Their QB is amazing; would have been a first round pick last year and is now a Heisman Candidate (possible first pick this year). Supposedly the kid is a genius too. He has been a starter since his freshman year (2016) and he wasn't recruited by Mario. He is gone after this season so we will see how Oregon looks going forward. We've seen numerous coaches have an elite player like this and are never able to have similar success.
A smart QB? What's that?

Advertisement
I'm wondering if the people who keep saying he would never come here because he has a better situation in Oregon have realized yet that

HE TRIED TO GET THIS JOB LAST DECEMBER WHILE HE WAS THE COACH AT OREGON.

I'm wondering if the people who keep saying he would never come here because he has a better situation in Oregon have realized yet that

I think we can get him, BUT he also tried to get the job before going 10-2 and winning his power5 conference...The sentiment very well may have changed now that he sees the potential to do even more at Oregon without a full rebuild

I know mario & his family well. He WAS coming here last year. Would still be open to it now. BUT it's probably gonna take alot more than this administration is ever gonna pony up to get him here now. He wouldve been here this year but over a small difference over his buyout we couldnt get him. People think this dolt flake James didnt look into it and that's not accurate. What flake didnt do is allow any time for negotiations. He simply found out the difference in the buyout and mandy knew the situation & played flake with the if I get on a plain I'm gone crap while his father used his influence with several board members to push it through. So it's not that mario wouldnt come. Its hes gonna be a proven coach by that point & **** demand more than these ****ups will pay. We only pay for unproven ****.

Advertisement
@dsddcane crazy thing to me is we have Barry Jackson basically saying everyone knows manny is gone after next year. I know people who always say “when Mario gets here” so basically we have to keep manny around to say blake the embarrassment. Smh

I'm sorry but after the things I've seen throughout my time here and reading the utter nonsense on these sites I gotta say I disagree with what the fanbase deserves. Yes i know it's not the majority. But its FAR too many. They talk nonsense just to hear themselves. Mario is the perfect example. What did he do wrong to deserve the **** he takes here? Cause he left alfraud and got his salary doubled? It was widely known only reason he took the job here was to keep his name in coaching circles and because he didnt have anything else solid. Him coming here was a coupe for alfraud and a favor for mario. Everyone knew that. He got an offer from bama,usc and arizona after a few weeks here. Bama offered him double the money AND the chance to work under Saban & learn opposed to being tethered to a sinking ship. Anyone in the program knew how bad that staff was.(just like this 1) mike quit to get away. Working for alfraud was essentially suicide to **** near everyone there. How can people talk **** bout that? If people disagree hes a good coach that's fine. Cant find issue with that. But all the other stuff is just stupidity. If people knew the staff mario was lining up they'd be bent over asking for the ****. That's what they dont comprehend. It's not about mario. Its he knows how to build a squad,staff etc cause other than fiu hes been part of nothing but winning. Period
Mario has a coaching tree too. Lol how many of his assistants are coordinators or hc at P5?

I know mario & his family well. He WAS coming here last year. Would still be open to it now. BUT it's probably gonna take alot more than this administration is ever gonna pony up to get him here now. He wouldve been here this year but over a small difference over his buyout we couldnt get him. People think this dolt flake James didnt look into it and that's not accurate. What flake didnt do is allow any time for negotiations. He simply found out the difference in the buyout and mandy knew the situation & played flake with the if I get on a plain I'm gone crap while his father used his influence with several board members to push it through. So it's not that mario wouldnt come. Its hes gonna be a proven coach by that point & **** demand more than these ****ups will pay. We only pay for unproven ****.
Thank you for the inside info. I used to be friends with Luis and Mario's parents, but that was during their playing years... saw more of Luis though.
He may have shown interest last December to come back to this **** hole... but now that his stock has gone way up I do not think it's going to happen$$$$ as you elaborated.
Since you're close to Mario.... tell me how you think he feels about living and coaching in Oregon... or are croquetas and pastelitos still drawing him back?

Thank you for the inside info. I used to be friends with Luis and Mario's parents, but that was during their playing years... saw more of Luis though.
He may have shown interest last December to come back to this **** hole... but now that his stock has gone way up I do not think it's going to happen$$$$ as you elaborated.
Since you're close to Mario.... tell me how you think he feels about living and coaching in Oregon... or are croquetas and pastelitos still drawing him back?
Hes all about family. He considers this his family as well. If their was ever anything plausible to get him back hed jump at it. People dont wanna hear it but everything else that happened was according to plan. He took jimmies advice and several board members words that he needed to go get some tutelage. The plan was when richt retired hed replace him. Was going according to plan and yall know how it went when it came time to buy him out.

Advertisement
Hes all about family. He considers this his family as well. If their was ever anything plausible to get him back hed jump at it. People dont wanna hear it but everything else that happened was according to plan. He took jimmies advice and several board members words that he needed to go get some tutelage. The plan was when richt retired hed replace him. Was going according to plan and yall know how it went when it came time to buy him out.
Right I got that... but do you believe that if the $$$ issues get worked out he will be more than willing to come back to the U as HC?

Unfortunately, this program is run by idiots. Mario is winning Pac 12 conferences, Mullen has Florida relevant, and we are paying Temple millions and millions while losing to FIU. How does Blake James still have a job? Fundraising is irrelevant if this is happening.

I wonder why you guys don’t say the same thing about Riley. He inherited two Heisman winning QB’s and then had s stud as a senior transfer.

He’s had two big time QB’s fail and not win a Natl title. Is he now a failure until he wins it all.

Oh yeah, doesn’t fit their agenda against Mario.

Advertisement
Care to elaborate on the staff Mario was putting together? I’m a glutton for punishment lol

Care to elaborate on the staff Mario was putting together? I’m a glutton for punishment lol
Nah. Trust me on this one certain things were just not ready for. Especially when this staph is the current reality. I'll just say even mandy had tons of very well respected options. Couldve had an all star staff instead of this staph. Mario had an all world staff ready. People might doubt cause they might not understand how long that's been in the wood works. It was years in the makings and time was of the essence so he could recruit. But oh well. Spilled milk.

Nah. Trust me on this one certain things were just not ready for. Especially when this staph is the current reality. I'll just say even mandy had tons of very well respected options. Couldve had an all star staff instead of this staph. Mario had an all world staff ready. People might doubt cause they might not understand how long that's been in the wood works. It was years in the makings and time was of the essence so he could recruit. But oh well. Spilled milk.
**** well hopefully once Manny gets the boot we’ll pony up for Mario

Wow. So what we all wish had happened with Shanny (if we were to consider him) actually happened with Mario at legit program. When it came time to cash in, Flake flipped out and hired Shanny. LMAO at Flake still being employed. What a clown show.

Advertisement
Back