Get Jeff Thomas the **** ball!

jkh305

Sophomore
Whoever is QB next year HAS to get the ball to JT Money more. We have a DeSean Jackson/Ted Ginn/Tavon Austin type Ferrari and we only use him on 1 or 2 deep shots a game. Kid should be the focal point and constantly taking the top off the defense opening up stuff underneath and taking coverage away from Richards.

This goes for Richt too. Jet sweeps, bubble screens, Wild DJ w/ JT4 coming in motion, the possibilities are endless. Gotta get more creative ways to get him the ball. He's the type of player defenses fear. Kid has that Antonio Brown-type dog in him. Wants to put up numbers and be flashy but wants to win while doing it... A perfect Cane. Let's not waste him.

Advertisement
Jeff Thomas and Mike Harley are speed demons, they need more than 1 attempt per game to take advantage of their skillset. Especial JT!!

Thomas only runs 2 routes...post and a 9 in this offense. Hard to feature any one in Richts offense because it seems we don't scheme to get any one the football in the passing game.

Thomas only runs 2 routes...post and a 9 in this offense. Hard to feature any one in Richts offense because it seems we don't scheme to get any one the football in the passing game.

Have you ever thought that it's maybe because Rosier can't make reads, so isolating receivers is the only thing that works? We ran some more complicated route schemes in 2016.

Even so, Rosier missed Thomas on at least 6-7 easy deep routes this season. I'm sure he'll have a much bigger year next season with Perry throwing to him

I dont know if hes as fast as those guys but he has cat like quickness he should always be open because of that and Im sure Perry will throw him the rock

Advertisement

22 yards per catch with a garbage bag playing QB.

I think Richards should be the focal point but I agree he should get more looks next season and with improved QB play I expect he will.

If Perry starts, it's a guaranteed 800+ yard season for him.

He should be the primary punt returner where his stop-start ability can be deadly in open space. I would only use him on KO's in certain situations where you need a spark.

Advertisement
Put me in the category that is still a bit skeptical about Jeff Thomas as an elite WR. His top end speed has rarely been a deciding factor on anything. He has yet to learn how to fight for a ball in the air. He looks like a track kid in a football uniform rather than a football player with track speed.

That said, He is only a true freshman so he's still got plenty of time to develop.

Put me in the category that is still a bit skeptical about Jeff Thomas as an elite WR. His top end speed has rarely been a deciding factor on anything. He has yet to learn how to fight for a ball in the air. He looks like a track kid in a football uniform rather than a football player with track speed.

That said, He is only a true freshman so he's still got plenty of time to develop.

Rosier missed him multiple times where he left his defender embarrassed. He is the type of player that will beat you with the suddenness of his route not the type that's gonna win a jump-ball.

He's going to be in the league a long time. You can take that to the bank.

Last edited:
This was so frustrating in the bowl game. The only two deep balls we tried were a long completion to Thomas and we drew a PI with Harley. These guys can outrun 99% of DBs and need to be consistently targeted deep. Completely agree with more screens and jet sweeps as well

Advertisement

Couldn’t disagree more. He has it all. Get him the ball in space. Period.

Advertisement

Couldn’t disagree more. He has it all. Get him the ball in space. Period.

The departure of Berrios should open up some WR screen touches for Jeff Thomas next season.

Go back and watch rosier throwing the deep post and see how he misses the read!! He routinely throw the wideout back to his defender as opposed to throwing his wideout open. The commentator at the Pitt game said this multiple times. Thomas is a baller and if Perry can throw the deep post and the deep go routes...all the WRs will have breakout numbers
The

Offenses have to have identities to be super productive. We aren’t a good running team, Rosier can’t hit deep or short passes there fore we can’t force the defense into coverages to open up screens. We don’t have a quick game with rosier to open up the deep shots.

With that being said Rosier still have enough opportunities for Jeff Thomas to set a Freshman Recoeving record here. Rosier just missed him.

Thomas has been running wide open all year. If you think Richt’s scheme is at fault for him not getting more touches, you haven’t watched our games this year. Thomas has a huge year with competent quarterback play.

Advertisement
Back