FYI Coach Manny Diaz's legal first name is

Advertisement
72790276.jpg

Advertisement
Next you'll tell me that Manny's mom is a gringa from Pennsylvania and that Manny's Spanish is relatively limited and that he was pretty much raised by a gringo stepdad too.

But none of that actually matters. Image is everything on this front as it pertains to the program and recruiting and buzz and we can (and should) be as free as we want in making the guy soooooo stereotypical Miami that it almost borders on comical- even if the reality is probably a slightly more accurate representation of South Florida with the mix of Latin culture with northeastern transplants.

If my memory serves me right, Manolo is a slang name of Manuel. The same as Pancho for Francisco and Pepe for Jose, there are more, but I can’t think of any now.

Advertisement
Manny's real name is Coach........ or Leader of the Canes....
Have a ........Terrific season it will be El Jefe/ The Boss........whether he speaks limited Spanish or not..
Go Canes.

Next you'll tell me that Manny's mom is a gringa from Pennsylvania and that Manny's Spanish is relatively limited and that he was pretty much raised by a gringo stepdad too.

But none of that actually matters. Image is everything on this front as it pertains to the program and recruiting and buzz and we can (and should) be as free as we want in making the guy soooooo stereotypical Miami that it almost borders on comical- even if the reality is probably a slightly more accurate representation of South Florida with the mix of Latin culture with northeastern transplants.
I have a Puerto Rican friend that doesnt know a single bit of Spanish, gues what we call him...."Sorta Rican".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back