From the CDC: The ONLY stat you can trust regarding severity with COVID-19. Serious cases are drastically dropping!

You really have to dig to find this, and none of the mainstream media sources are even discussing this. I just don’t get it.

But, anyway, hospitalizations are on a clear and strong downward trend:

A6400ED3-2905-447D-A88C-FD2068AC957D.jpeg

Especially with the most at risk group for mortality, 65+, the hospitalization rate has drastically dropped.

You can play with number of cases, you can play with death rates, but you can’t play with this stat. That’s a hard one to fudge. I’m not saying that those other rates are incorrect , but hospitalizations rates are hard to fudge with the MMWR.

Serious cases are drastically dropping!

Last edited:

Acane4ever

Freshman
It was always flatten the curve so Hospitals aren't overwhelmed. Outside of NYC, there have been no hospitals over run by patients with COVID. Temporary spaces were built to house patients and never used. Some were stopped in mid construction because the big wave of patients never materialized and Thank God it didn't. Americans have done a great job of staying home and following the guidelines.
States are opening and some are playing games. For the mayor of LA to say he won't completely reopen until there is a cure shows you how out of touch these politicians are...why didn't congress even OFFER to take a paycut cut, or no pay at all?

It was always flatten the curve so Hospitals aren't overwhelmed. Outside of NYC, there have been no hospitals over run by patients with COVID. Temporary spaces were built to house patients and never used. Some were stopped in mid construction because the big wave of patients never materialized and Thank God it didn't. Americans have done a great job of staying home and following the guidelines.
States are opening and some are playing games. For the mayor of LA to say he won't completely reopen until there is a cure shows you how out of touch these politicians are...why didn't congress even OFFER to take a paycut cut, or no pay at all?
Notice the above graph, which comes directly from the CDC/MMWR, is not being shown anywhere. Honestly, if you got your news from the mainstream media you would still think this pandemic was going pretty strong. It isn’t anymore.

Hospitalizations are the only thing that counts because those are the people that are the most sick. Even though most of them won’t even die,.

But hospitalizations have drastically dropped off the last few weeks - notice the above graph, which comes directly from the CDC/MMWR, is not being shown anywhere.

Hospitalizations have drastically dropped of the last few weeks

This is very good news that you'd think would be getting more attention.
Notice that it isn’t, though. I had to really dig into the CDC website to find this. I mean really dig.

It’s almost as if the information purveyors want people to continue to be panicked and scared.

I understand that we have to open back up with care, and that we have to manage our “infectiousness”. In other words, maintain good distance, good hygiene, etc.

We have to treat the elderly and infirm as if they were fragile eggs. Protect the nursing homes and the assisted-living facilities, the elderly.

But the rest of us need to pick ourselves up by the bootstraps and get to work.

There are many millions upon millions of people that are scared to death. Literally scared like a little mice shivering in the corners of their homes. It’s unhealthy.

Yet nobody is hearing this good news. I mean nobody.

Have you seen this graph anywhere else?

JD08

Non-attorney spokesperson
Notice that it isn’t, though. I had to really dig into the CDC website to find this. I mean really dig.

It’s almost as if the information purveyors want people to continue to be panicked and scared.

I understand that we have to open back up with care, and that we have to manage our “infectiousness”. In other words, maintain good distance, good hygiene, etc.

We have to treat the elderly and infirm as if they were fragile eggs. Protect the nursing homes and the assisted-living facilities, the elderly.

There are many millions upon millions of people that are scared to death. Literally scared like a little mice shivering in the corners of their homes. It’s unhealthy.

Nope, this is the first I've seen. The worst part of the fearmongering is that they've made it so if you question anything a mob of mindless drones attacks you.

Nope, this is the first I've seen. The worst part of the fearmongering is that they've made it so if you question anything a mob of mindless drones attacks you.
Except there is nothing to question here that I’ve posted. These are straight up facts. But I can think of a few posters here where this information would make them very unhappy

It is almost as if some people want the misery and fear to continue indefinitely

crossover22[]_[]

[]_[] already know!
Except there is nothing to question here that I’ve posted. These are straight up facts. But I can think of a few posters here where this information would make them very unhappy

It is almost as if some people want the misery and fear to continue indefinitely
Dont you know that feelings trump facts everytime now. You have to question facts now days man.

Mel Bernstein

Sophomore
You really have to dig to find this, and none of the mainstream media sources are even discussing this. I just don’t get it.

But, anyway, hospitalizations are on a clear and strong downward trend:

View attachment 117063

Especially with the most at risk group for mortality, 65+, the hospitalization rate has drastically dropped.

You can play with number of cases, you can play with death rates, but you can’t play with this stat. That’s a hard one to fudge. I’m not saying that those other rates are incorrect , but hospitalizations rates are hard to fudge with the MMWR.

Serious cases are drastically dropping!

Just to be 100% clear in reading the fine print, it appears this data only represents 100 counties in 14 states. The data is also subject to a lag and is likely understated. One would also hope that serious cases would be dropping, given that we're generally in a lock down and older people are more likely staying home more.

The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)-Associated Hospitalization Surveillance Network (COVID-NET) hospitalization data are preliminary and subject to change as more data become available. In particular, case counts and rates for recent hospital admissions are subject to lag. As data are received each week, prior case counts and rates are updated accordingly. COVID-NET conducts population-based surveillance for laboratory-confirmed COVID-19-associated hospitalizations in children (less than 18 years of age) and adults. COVID-NET covers nearly 100 counties in the 10 Emerging Infections Program (EIP) states (CA, CO, CT, GA, MD, MN, NM, NY, OR, TN) and four Influenza Hospitalization Surveillance Project (IHSP) states (IA, MI, OH, and UT). Incidence rates (per 100,000 population) are calculated using the National Center for Health Statistics' (NCHS) vintage 2018 bridged-race postcensal population estimates for the counties included in the surveillance catchment area. The rates provided are likely to be underestimated as COVID-19 hospitalizations might be missed due to test availability and provider or facility testing practices.

Just to be 100% clear in reading the fine print, it appears this data only represents 100 counties in 14 states. The data is also subject to a lag and is likely understated. One would also hope that serious cases would be dropping, given that we're generally in a lock down and older people are more likely staying home more.

The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)-Associated Hospitalization Surveillance Network (COVID-NET) hospitalization data are preliminary and subject to change as more data become available. In particular, case counts and rates for recent hospital admissions are subject to lag. As data are received each week, prior case counts and rates are updated accordingly. COVID-NET conducts population-based surveillance for laboratory-confirmed COVID-19-associated hospitalizations in children (less than 18 years of age) and adults. COVID-NET covers nearly 100 counties in the 10 Emerging Infections Program (EIP) states (CA, CO, CT, GA, MD, MN, NM, NY, OR, TN) and four Influenza Hospitalization Surveillance Project (IHSP) states (IA, MI, OH, and UT). Incidence rates (per 100,000 population) are calculated using the National Center for Health Statistics' (NCHS) vintage 2018 bridged-race postcensal population estimates for the counties included in the surveillance catchment area. The rates provided are likely to be underestimated as COVID-19 hospitalizations might be missed due to test availability and provider or facility testing practices.
The CDC data is subject to a lag. I mean what do you expect?

That they’ve limited the number of states, doesn’t change the rate delta. Also, look at the states that they are including. Anything notable about those states? Hospitalization rates are significantly dropping. And if you don’t believe me, just ask the biggest hospital in the county in which you live. Find somebody that works there. Ask them.

When the CDC publishes firm data, it has to be confirmed data. All these other deaths and cases you’re hearing about, don’t have the the scientific rigor of the MMWR.

The MMWR is the official record.

This is data with rigor - try to understand that. And so what you’re looking at is trends.

Now go on back to being terrified.

I’ll also bet you something else, I bet I can’t find one post from you questioning the 80+ thousand deaths that is being referred to as gospel, of which only about 50,000 have been confirmed by the CDC. I don’t see you complaining about that fine print.

Last edited:

Mel Bernstein

Sophomore

That they’ve limited the number of states, doesn’t change the rate delta. Also, look at the states that they are including. Anything notable about those states? Hospitalization rates are significantly dropping. And if you don’t believe me, just ask the biggest hospital in the county in which you live. Find somebody that works there. Ask them.

When the CDC publishes firm data, it has to be confirmed data. All these other deaths and cases you’re hearing about, don’t have the the scientific rigor of the MMWR.

This is data with rigor - try to understand that. And so what you’re looking at is trends.

I’ll also bet you something else, I bet I can’t find one post from you questioning the 80+ thousand deaths that is being referred to as gospel, of which only about 50,000 have been confirmed by the CDC. I don’t see you complaining about that fine print.
You seem very angry. I guess I'd be upset too - it's embarrassing to have someone point out the flaws in your propaganda based on information clearly on the CDC site.

423Hurricane

High Profile Wannabe

There have been questions about the death count for several weeks. Even Dr Birx is pissed because she says she can’t trust the #’s from the CDC.
Hospitalizations are way down with Covid cases and there are many extra beds due to all the non elective procedures that have cancelled.
We now have enough information where us responsible adults can make informed decisions as how to carry on with our lives.

g8rh8rMD

Not a Dr.

I posted it yesterday. But yeah, I had to dig to find it. Haven’t seen it even discussed ANYWHERE, and that includes conservative mainstreamers.

You seem very angry. I guess I'd be upset too - it's embarrassing to have someone point out the flaws in your propaganda based on information clearly on the CDC site.
Propaganda?

If you can crawl out of your hiding hole and tell me how I’m propagandizing something, I’d love to hear it, Mel.

what exactly is my “propaganda“? To what end?