Francis Mauigoa Film Review : #1 OT In The Nation Commits (bump on page 42 from Pate interview)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Had to bump this and highlight. I was able to get some early looks at Francis when he was at IMG and talk to some coaches, I posted before how those at IMG said he was different.

Well Josh Pate just released a little behind the scenes segment from his UM trip, this is what he said about Francis:

-heard from wiltfong and guys that Francis was different from any guy in the class (when he was being recruited), Pate walked in to the building and the OL was behind him working out on their own, doing drills, and said he was a "space alien" that it only took a nanosecond to ID him even though he was next to other OT's in the program 3 years,

said after the workout they started messing around (pickup ball type stuff) and this huge massive "lab-created" human was playing QB, throwing play action, then went out wide running 25 yard posts and looked like a WR and Francis will absolutely start and he runs like a WR , he is fluid and quick, no way he is choppy (not running a 4.3 but emphasized how he looked like a WR running routes), Said it should not be real that someone can move like that at that size.

Also saw him grab 41 passes consecutive on juggs machine ONE HANDED without a drop. Said he wished he could film it as it would have millions and millions of views.

Had to bump this and highlight. I was able to get some early looks at Francis when he was at IMG and talk to some coaches, I posted before how those at IMG said he was different.

Well Josh Pate just released a little behind the scenes segment from his UM trip, this is what he said about Francis:

-heard from wiltfong and guys that Francis was different from any guy in the class (when he was being recruited), Pate walked in to the building and the OL was behind him working out on their own, doing drills, and said he was a "space alien" that it only took a nanosecond to ID him even though he was next to other OT's in the program 3 years,

said after the workout they started messing around (pickup ball type stuff) and this huge massive "lab-created" human was playing QB, throwing play action, then went out wide running 25 yard posts and looked like a WR and Francis will absolutely start and he runs like a WR , he is fluid and quick, no way he is choppy (not running a 4.3 but emphasized how he looked like a WR running routes), Said it should not be real that someone can move like that at that size.

Also saw him grab 41 passes consecutive on juggs machine ONE HANDED without a drop. Said he wished he could film it as it would have millions and millions of views.
All you really need to see is the clip of him in the Poly game where he pulls right and seeks out any willing opponent. He moved like an NFL fullback, but happens to be 6' 5" 320. Bent, flexible knees, changes direction. May the higher power bless him with health.

We have an alpha on the Oline. Not for the just the Oline either. This guy will be one of the alphas for the entire team. What a luxury to have his talent and attitude.

I would rarely say this without seeing the kid play a down in college but Francis legitimately feels like a top 15 pick if it all pans out. Dude is the goods on and off the field.

Advertisement
All you really need to see is the clip of him in the Poly game where he pulls right and seeks out any willing opponent. He moved like an NFL fullback, but happens to be 6' 5" 320. Bent, flexible knees, changes direction. May the higher power bless him with health.
We have an alpha on the Oline. Not for the just the Oline either. This guy will be one of the alphas for the entire team. What a luxury to have his talent and attitude.
Agreed on both comments. I would suggest listening to the Pate segment, the tone in his voice alone made the above comments even more enticing, I think it came on around the 5 min mark or so but the whole segment is only 10 min.

I know sometimes teams have that trick goalline play where an OT goes out and catches a pass and usually they look like a baby deer trying to catch a football covered in a swarm of bees but I hope they have something drawn up for Francis with his athleticism. Could have an unbalanced right side of the line with Lee at C, Cooper at RG, Cohen at RT and Francis flanking him like a TE I would be happy running to that side or letting Francis go out and snag something.

to piggyback off of that, in the IMG-St Frances game there was a play in which Francis pulled and was running out in front of Gibson for about 40 yards. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I hope to see it next year at Hard Rock.

I found it, its the 2nd play on this highlight

to piggyback off of that, in the IMG-St Frances game there was a play in which Francis pulled and was running out in front of Gibson for about 40 yards. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I hope to see it next year at Hard Rock.

I found it, its the 2nd play on this highlight

Dude is just a worker. That was the #1 comment I kept getting on his feedback. The coaches at IMG that I speak with arent fans of UM so they have no need to pump up players. They have seen a 5* status go to a kids head who just gets by on athleticism.

The one specific comment that stood out to me was the coach saying he is the type of kid that if the gym opens at 5:00a.m., he is there at 4:55 and if the door is not unlocked at 5:00 he will knock out some push ups while he waits, then question why the gym was not open on time lol

Dam, Pate ruining the surprise Jumbo Goaline package we got in store.

Expect to see a package with Francis as the 6th OL in goaline. And one day, he gonna sneak out for that TD pass.

He will do that at least 2 times in his career here im willing to bet.

Advertisement
Dam, Pate ruining the surprise Jumbo Goaline package we got in store.

Expect to see a package with Francis as the 6th OL in goaline. And one day, he gonna sneak out for that TD pass.

He will do that at least 2 times in his career here im willing to bet.
lol bruh look at my next post in this thread.

What Francis is doing is what all our big boyz back home in Am Samoa do lol. We dont have the luxury of having playgrounds and swingsets. Only open field and sandy beaches where we take the boyz to train all year long. The aliens who could have made it like Francis but didnt due to grades and no guidance is a shame back home. Which is why Francis and Cisco is special. There are a couple more kids in the 2025 and 2026 classes who will make noise once coaches catch them on film. Be ready.....

Advertisement
What Francis is doing is what all our big boyz back home in Am Samoa do lol. We dont have the luxury of having playgrounds and swingsets. Only open field and sandy beaches where we take the boyz to train all year long. The aliens who could have made it like Francis but didnt due to grades and no guidance is a shame back home. Which is why Francis and Cisco is special. There are a couple more kids in the 2025 and 2026 classes who will make noise once coaches catch them on film. Be ready.....
Big Joe got da connect and already on them??

Big Joe got da connect and already on them??
I am not sure bro. I havent seen Joe go back to the rock in a long time. The last guy I seen back home recently was Mike Iupati. I said wassup big Mike in the airport cuz we was on the same flight. My man said, bro..i get that all the time...but im not Mike. We looked at each other and paused for a second and busted out 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

No worries braddah, we'll get the kids to the right places🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

I am not sure bro. I havent seen Joe go back to the rock in a long time. The last guy I seen back home recently was Mike Iupati. I said wassup big Mike in the airport cuz we was on the same flight. My man said, bro..i get that all the time...but im not Mike. We looked at each other and paused for a second and busted out 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

No worries braddah, we'll get the kids to the right places🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽
Gotta get him back or at least in Hawaii. Seems like now a lot of the best are playing high school ball on the mainland though. I know my guys back at UH took a kid from Samoana last year and Oakie to Colorado the year before but its been a little dry lately. Good to hear some good ones are back in the pipeline.

Advertisement
Back