Francis Mauigoa Film Review : #1 OT In The Nation Commits (bump on page 42 from Pate interview)

Could you see a line of

LT: Nelson
LG: Cohen
C: Lee
RG: Rivers
RT: Mauigoa/Okunlola?

I think that would be a major upgrade from last year if everyone is healthy all year
Yep this is my ideal lineup as well. And it matches up to what Mauigoa said “they feel like they have good guards so I’m going to start off competing at both tackle spots”

Advertisement
Just a massive mauler and so nimble on his feet as well. Can’t wait for Spring ball to see how the competition unfolds with Francis and Samson. Regardless, the OL lineup posted would be a major upgrade in size, talent, and ability.

He’s unbelievable! I don’t think people truly understand how good Francis is
He’s been my number one class recruit this entire cycle followed closely by Bain 1b and Pancake 1c.

Mauigoa is ready and you don’t see guys like him often. This is the kid Saban grabs like Evan Neal.

He’s an unmitigated beast and a Day 1 starter in my opinion.

He’s been my number one class recruit this entire cycle followed closely by Bain 1b and Pancake 1c.

Mauigoa is ready and you don’t see guys like him often. This is the kid Saban grabs like Evan Neal.

He’s an unmitigated beast and a Day 1 starter in my opinion.
I agree but I’ll do you one better. This is Mario signing Penei Sewell again.

Possible. Rivers has been discussed at RT in the past Maybe both FR start outside. Then there’s Cooper.

Your line prediction is realistic though but it’s just too early. A lot can still happen.
Is Nelson coming back a guarantee at this point?

Advertisement
Hahaha

1674774791265.png

We’ve been discussing the SEC bias with the ranking services and this is a great example. The services rely on the schools that turn high school players into pro players to come up with rankings. Because the 2 time national champs signed Freeling, he must be the best. Maybe he is and maybe he isn’t but this to me is a case of not trusting your own eyes as much as you trust the eyes of UGA. And it’s a little sad because it means the ranking services are admitting their own evals are inferior to the school’s evals. Or at least the services believe that.

Which makes the services worthless. I wish I could explain this to someone who actually works for a ranking service just to call them out on how much BS they peddle.

Advertisement
Agreed…and it’s def no knock on Freeling. I wish we added him. But when you watch Francis move at his age and size no one is better or more projectable even Proctor.

But SEC schools also get massive clicks.
It’s not even SEC bias here, On3 just loves to smoke sherm before it updates its rankings. They have Proctor at as the #5 OL…

Advertisement
Advertisement
We’ve been discussing the SEC bias with the ranking services and this is a great example. The services rely on the schools that turn high school players into pro players to come up with rankings. Because the 2 time national champs signed Freeling, he must be the best. Maybe he is and maybe he isn’t but this to me is a case of not trusting your own eyes as much as you trust the eyes of UGA. And it’s a little sad because it means the ranking services are admitting their own evals are inferior to the school’s evals. Or at least the services believe that.

Which makes the services worthless. I wish I could explain this to someone who actually works for a ranking service just to call them out on how much BS they peddle.
I wouldn't trade Francis or pancake for freeling, so in this instance I agree since Mario has a strong track record with OL. However, this bias probably has at least as good a chance of being validated based on (relatively recent) historical 1st round picks/total draft picks/and team success in the SEC, as it does of being wrong.

I am not under the impression that these guys know better than college staffs. I think if the recruiting writers knew talent projection they would have a job in that field. I think these writers SHOULD be leaning into who has offers from certain programs for these rankings. In part also because when it comes to predicting first rounders and draft picks in general the school you go to has an impact, and one conference is substantively ahead of the rest.

They could stick to their guns and it would be admirable if they got it right, but if they end up being wrong more as a result I don't think that makes them more credible in their rankings just for having faith in their own eyes. I also don't think it makes it worthless, it just makes them more clearly what they really are, information aggregators and not talent scouts.

I wouldn't trade Francis or pancake for freeling, so in this instance I agree since Mario has a strong track record with OL. However, this bias probably has at least as good a chance of being validated based on (relatively recent) historical 1st round picks/total draft picks/and team success in the SEC, as it does of being wrong.

I am not under the impression that these guys know better than college staffs. I think if the recruiting writers knew talent projection they would have a job in that field. I think these writers SHOULD be leaning into who has offers from certain programs for these rankings. In part also because when it comes to predicting first rounders and draft picks in general the school you go to has an impact, and one conference is substantively ahead of the rest.

They could stick to their guns and it would be admirable if they got it right, but if they end up being wrong more as a result I don't think that makes them more credible in their rankings just for having faith in their own eyes. I also don't think it makes it worthless, it just makes them more clearly what they really are, information aggregators and not talent scouts.
Freeling is a top tier prospect he ain’t Samson or Mauigoa. On3 is being a contrarian in regards to rankings because it is trying to break through.

Advertisement
Back