Francis Mauigoa Film Review : #1 OT In The Nation Commits (bump on page 42 from Pate interview)

Advertisement
I’ve been on the “start him inside early on in his career” train but after these highlights I’m in on tackle. I wanted a portal OT but it looks like they’re prepared to give the youngsters a legit shot to win at least one of the Tackle spots.

I’ve been on the “start him inside early on in his career” train but after these highlights I’m in on tackle. I wanted a portal OT but it looks like they’re prepared to give the youngsters a legit shot to win at least one of the Tackle spots.
Yeah I'm typically not a fan of Freshmen starting at the OT spots but Francis and Okunlola are different. They're built to pay the OT spots right away.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Those two are very impressive even for 5 stars. Size, length, feet, little bad weight indicating good work ethic and discipline.

One of these guys will start and be **** good out the gates, even with the usual learning curve when bullets fly in games.

Wouldn't be shocked to see both start, one at tackle and one and guard either.

They check all the boxes, just have to see how they adjust to competition level.

Advertisement
He played LT. Got beat by speed and gave up some pressures. He’s definitely a guard imo. His size stands out and he’s got fight. Technique isn’t there yet and that’s to be expected. Put him in the hyperbolic chamber for a couple years and let’s see what we got in 2026
Really big dude.. 3:05..

Advertisement
Hopefully, someone went to class last week for him and picked up a Syllabus for each class...

I joke, I keed...
I know you're joking, but for those actually curious, they mentioned on the Poly Bowl gm that he was attending classes virtually while at the Poly gm all week. So he's enrolled and already started participating in classes.

Advertisement
Could you see a line of

LT: Nelson
LG: Cohen
C: Lee
RG: Rivers
RT: Mauigoa/Okunlola?

I think that would be a major upgrade from last year if everyone is healthy all year

Could you see a line of

I think that would be a major upgrade from last year if everyone is healthy all year
Possible. Rivers has been discussed at RT in the past Maybe both FR start outside. Then there’s Cooper.

Your line prediction is realistic though but it’s just too early. A lot can still happen.

Could you see a line of

This is my highest ceiling line as well.

Assuming all are 100% full health, obviously. But to me, when A&M comes to town, this would be our best OL. Long time to go though, obviously. Someone like Cooper could blow people away and start. But I think, assuming full health and if we had a game tomorrow, this is probably the best 5 (or 6) you’ve got right now.

And that’s a big, big upgrade from what we saw the last half of last year.

Advertisement
Back