2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

One of the posters on 247 spoke to his Dad via DM:

I spoke to his dad Ray via DMs they can’t stand Oregon basically the people Ray is referring to is the Oregon staff. The parents/whole family was 10000% in on Miami the parents told Oregon the decision was made. The Oregon staff according to Ray went against their wishes/backs and got in Dave’s ear to flip him. Rays words the family can’t stand the POS over there. So if it doesn’t go as Dave expected it he has the full support of his entire family to go to Miami. After our exchanges after spring ball if Oregon over promised I 100% see him transferring.

Someone else said they heard that the Oregon staff told Florence and Gracen Halton if they took other visits they would lose their schollys. That's why they cancelled their visits to Miami.
Not good when you **** the family off… kid is young and influential.

He should enter the portal before he steps in campus … that would be some record for portal. I know Oregon would have to release him still but I don’t see them not allowing him to move on.

It would be a bad look for Lanning especially if he wants to land more Polynesian kids in the future which there are tons up in the part of the country

Advertisement
Threatening to pull offers if players take visits isn't unique to Oregon. And persevering in the recruitment of an OREGON COMMIT isn't either. Kid made his choice and we'll see how it plays out. Highly doubt Oregon doesn't at least pacify him (if even necessary) to get him to the fall. Parents are disappointed, kid went against their wishes -unheard of😂.

Kinda strange we ended up with zero Oregon commits bar the portal kid after the hype we were getting from several of them. Figured we would’ve landed at least 1 or 2 of them, oh well happy with our late pick ups regardless.
Not really when you consider location. Oregon to Miami is about as far a trip as you can make. It's tough to ask a kid to give up everything from family, friends and potentially culture unless he develops strong bonds with players or school to ease that transition.

When a team is on top, getting kids from all over the country is much easier. USC was bringing in NJ kids during their run. Bama and OSU recruit nationally, although OSU is more centrally located. Miami is a national brand and can recruit as such, but they need wins behind that U. If Mario nails these coaching hires and puts something really good out there year 1......we have something.

Advertisement
Back