Forgot to post yesterday (Mike Smith)

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
When I was asking around yesterday morning trying to find out who committed, Mike Smith was one of the kids I reached out to. I asked him if he had committed to Miami and he responded, "not yet lol"

It's looking inevitable at this point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
These highlight companies will make videos and pause for 8 seconds to circle the running back when it's an RB highlight reel, but then they release a vid of a DE on a team with 2 good sized, fast defensive ends so that you have to view every clip 3 times to be sure you're looking at the subject of the clip.

These highlight companies will make videos and pause for 8 seconds to circle the running back when it's an RB highlight reel, but then they release a vid of a DE on a team with 2 good sized, fast defensive ends so that you have to view every clip 3 times to be sure you're looking at the subject of the clip.

I was going to say it's the guy with the towel on his butt. But they've both got towels on their butts. They're both beasts, so bring in both of 'em.

Advertisement

The Kaaya one may have been an all-time low. You circled the QB? Really? Who the **** watches high school football footage but can´t find the QB or RB pre-snap?

I like these kids getting on the bus early, but I hope their commitment means something. If they aren't ready, then don't commit.

'Cane On.

Advertisement
Can't wait to see how he does this year playing more LB instead of DE.

For the record, he is the only player that currently plays DE that I wouldn't mind bringing in as a LB mainly b/c he has stated that he will be playing mostly LB this year to get ready for college.

I have mentioned in other posts about Terry McCray and Taylor Cook who both have only film of them playing DE that I would like to see them play LB before offering them.

The fact that Smith has already said he was going to play mainly LB this year and IMO he pops off of the screen more than McCray and Cook make me want to bring this kid in.

But if we land Smith, which I fully expect him to be our next commit, then I don't want to be targeting any more DEs to play LB here.

IMO we should shoot for 4 LBs this class with only one of them (Mike Smith) being a DE/LB hybrid.

We need DEs who are big enough to handle the beating up front from OTs but are quick enough around the edge, and LBs who have experience at the position and can read offenses and react along with making the calls necessary.

Usually in a 4-3 the MLB is the smartest guy on the defenses and makes all the calls and has the most tackles Vilma style.

I do understand that Golden wants to have the personnel to switch in and out of 4-3 and 3-4 so taking a few of guys like this aren't bad, I just don't want to sign players who will be a liability in coverage so they can't play LB but are also too small to play DE like MRob.

Rivals Camp Series: Top Linebackers
18. Tyler Cook
Cook played his junior season about 20 pounds light because of illness last summer,and he has gained all that weight back without losing any of his speed or athleticism. Another big surprise at the Los Angeles RCS, Cook was excellent in coverage and was hardly beaten on one-on-one reps. Plus, Cook went more than most Linebackers and is super competetive. He wants to improve himself all the time.

Trust the coaches Evals!
Can't wait to see how he does this year playing more LB instead of DE.

For the record, he is the only player that currently plays DE that I wouldn't mind bringing in as a LB mainly b/c he has stated that he will be playing mostly LB this year to get ready for college.

I have mentioned in other posts about Terry McCray and Taylor Cook who both have only film of them playing DE that I would like to see them play LB before offering them.

The fact that Smith has already said he was going to play mainly LB this year and IMO he pops off of the screen more than McCray and Cook make me want to bring this kid in.

But if we land Smith, which I fully expect him to be our next commit, then I don't want to be targeting any more DEs to play LB here.

IMO we should shoot for 4 LBs this class with only one of them (Mike Smith) being a DE/LB hybrid.

We need DEs who are big enough to handle the beating up front from OTs but are quick enough around the edge, and LBs who have experience at the position and can read offenses and react along with making the calls necessary.

Usually in a 4-3 the MLB is the smartest guy on the defenses and makes all the calls and has the most tackles Vilma style.

I do understand that Golden wants to have the personnel to switch in and out of 4-3 and 3-4 so taking a few of guys like this aren't bad, I just don't want to sign players who will be a liability in coverage so they can't play LB but are also too small to play DE like MRob.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When I was asking around yesterday morning trying to find out who committed, Mike Smith was one of the kids I reached out to. I asked him if he had committed to Miami and he responded, "not yet lol"

It's looking inevitable at this point.

Great news.

Advertisement
Back