For the nostalgic Canes...

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
We just discovered and uploaded a ton of classic games into our database. These are full games or extensive highlights of games like '84 Nebraska, '85 Oklahoma, '87 Florida and '88 Michigan. There are also a bunch of ten-minute highlights from the most recent dynasty in the "Game Highlights" section.

If you are a seasoned vet who wants to relive the glory days or a young buck trying to learn about Jerome Brown and Steve Walsh, the video section is the perfect place to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-9c...DvjVQa1PpcFMfdCNqQy7VotkLh9v26-8KlL-quUtKPHg=

Advertisement
Next level content D$! My first canes game memory was live @ the Big House!

Advertisement
The 86 UF game was one of the hottest I've ever been to. Also one of the hardest licks I've seen one of our guys take, Jarvis Williams on Mel Bratton, Melvin returned to the game though. On a side note, is there any sound sweeter than the sound of silence after we beat them in Hogtown in 86 & 03?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4PiHjjL0ac&feature=youtube_gdata_player

One of my favorite moments @ 6:45. Bernie Kosar telling the coaches in no uncertain terms what he wants to call at the goal line.

This was miami's final possession to take the lead before Flutie's fateful hail Mary.

Kosar was one focused SOB. When I wonder how a clumsy oaf like Kosar wound up being such a great QB in college and in the pros, I remember this moment. Fire in the belly.

Advertisement
**** dude. I have no idea on how you find these videos. Awesome freaking job!

I love Brent and Ara saying JJ "should show a little compassion" in the 85 ND game. Eff both of them! Wish we would have run a reverse too!

Advertisement
Michigan '88 was an all-time classic. I think Walsh threw for like 185 yards in the second half of that game. Love it!

Remember when we had a taping fiesta on Grassy late 90s or so? I sent some guy (name escapes me) a box of VHS tapes from my work... blank... I think like 50 of them to help with the project. He sent 10 back to me chock full of 30 classic Canes game. Now if I only still had a VCR:)

Advertisement
The videos linked so far, and mentioned in the OP, are ones I uploaded to YouTube within the past few years. The channel name is AwsiDooger.

I have dozens of old Canes tapes and eventually would like to upload more of them. But I'm dealing with a family health concern that requires a great deal of time so I haven't uploaded anything recently. Also, YouTube cut my time limit to 15 minutes when the NFL put in a copyright claim last year. I had uploaded the entire 1985 Dolphins/Bears game, the one that upheld the unbeaten season. I had to delete it when YouTube threatened to close the channel based on the copyright claim. Old college games don't seem to irk the networks but the NFL is paranoid about virtually anything. I also have plenty of old Olympic races on my channel. NBC filed one copyright claim so I had to delete that race.

When I briefly had unlimited time limit it was convenient to upload an entire quarter, or entire half, in one video. I could even include the commercials. But once they chopped it to 15 minutes it requires editing or many, many segments (Part 1, Part 2...). Initially I had a 10 minute time limit. That's the reason games like Oklahoma '85 are edited so severely, chopped as soon as the play ends.

A great YouTube channel to check out is TheKassicRock. He has many old Canes games in full, including Jim Kelly's debut against Penn State in 1979, the famous 26-10 upset. I think TheKassicRock's dad was involved with one of the old pre-cable TV networks that broadcast college games, and he got hold of the tapes.

The videos linked so far, and mentioned in the OP, are ones I uploaded to YouTube within the past few years. The channel name is AwsiDooger.

First of all, prayers sent to your family and hope everything goes well.

Secondly, you are an American hero for posting these games. With our video section, you can load them up directly into our site (the hits go to your YouTube page) or I can post them as I find them. Great, great stuff.

Advertisement
Back