Football outsiders: Miami will go 2-10 or 11-1

DCH

Junior
Banned
Not sure if we can post espn insider content in here, but essentially FBO has an article up saying that we are just as likely to finish 2-10 as we are to finish 11-1, the widest range of wins of anyone in the country. They project us at 5.7 wins.

I feel the same way. Every game outside of Bethune is a toss up. Going to be an exciting season with a real young team.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...most-volatile-college-football-teams-2012-ncf

Advertisement
The team isn't young at all. There's one freshman starting on offense "Erick Flowers" and Seantrel is his backup until he gets worked back into the mix. Bunche is a 4th year Sophomore and Shane McDermott and Feliciano are both RS Sophomores who's time is now. Again, the offense isn't young at all.

The defense has 3 Seniors, 4 Juniors, and 4 Sophomores in the starting lineup. Not a single freshman starting in that lineup.

People are really selling the base of this team short. The 2012 Canes are going to shock some people. 2nd year in Goldens system and everybody is stronger? The problem was never talent as the NFL proves year after year. The problem was development and that is no longer an issue. Time for these Canes to whoop some ***.

The team isn't young at all. There's one freshman starting on offense "Erick Flowers" and Seantrel is his backup until he gets worked back into the mix. Bunche is a 4th year Sophomore and Shane McDermott and Feliciano are both RS Sophomores who's time is now. Again, the offense isn't young at all.

The defense has 3 Seniors, 4 Juniors, and 4 Sophomores in the starting lineup. Not a single freshman starting in that lineup.

People are really selling the base of this team short. The 2012 Canes are going to shock some people. 2nd year in Goldens system and everybody is stronger? The problem was never talent as the NFL proves year after year. The problem was development and that is no longer an issue. Time for these Canes to whoop some ***.

Nice post

something like 55 of the 85 are 1st or 2nd year i believe. so yes it is young and unproven at the offensive skill positions

Solid, but we still have about as many freshmen as we do juniors and seniors combined.

Advertisement
something like 55 of the 85 are 1st or 2nd year i believe. so yes it is young and unproven at the offensive skill positions

Yeah the team is definitely young, not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

We have 12 seniors (2 STs, 5 offense, 5 defense). Of the 5 on offense only 1 figures to play a prominent roll (James).

agreed on the freshman, but honestly the ones who will actually see any kind of field this year are probably as talented as many of this teams second year guys, thats not a know on those guys thats a +rep for the new guys and a +rep for this group of coaches and recruiting evaluators. while we do have quantity, we have quality as well. I am def excited to watch this group grow up together. Will have their struggles but I think this is the begining fellas.

as long as you tag it with TOS

Lol no. You can post a link to the article if it's a paid one but you can't copy and past the whole story. You could summarize what was said as well if you want to. You can copy paste stories that are not paid content

Advertisement

Yeah the team is definitely young, not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

We have 12 seniors (2 STs, 5 offense, 5 defense). Of the 5 on offense only 1 figures to play a prominent roll (James).

I can say otherwise because when I look at the starters they are not young. Yes, the roster is young but the players who stuck around and bought in and won their starting positions are not young. It is a veteran squad that is going to surprise some people this year. Golden was good about getting players burn last year. He has managed to overhaul the roster quickly with young talent but that's different than saying the starting lineup is young.

We will be giving A LOT of freshmen meaningful playing time this year. At one point, I'm expecting the secondary to be comprised of 75% freshmen.

We will be giving A LOT of freshmen meaningful playing time this year. At one point, I'm expecting the secondary to be comprised of 75% freshmen.

Sure, freshmen will get some burn as they did last year. I'm just saying that the players who stuck around and bought in seem to have won their position battles and that this team isn't as young as everybody is making out. The O-line isn't young and that's the most important part of this years equation. If the O-line excels the sky's the limit for this team.

Advertisement
Back