2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 mm ain’t ****?? Lol… ok.

Who knew the nfl was the only way to make a living… especially when you’re sitting on millions to invest from the couch and watch grow…

Sleep on it all you want. The more and more young nfl players that die, coupled with ol faithful CTE…. It sure seems like a logical path to step away from football and invest/watch that money grow.

$8M after taxes is ~$5M. Plus you know he's going to spend at least $500k of that on BS. So that's $4.5M already. Invested at a 7.5% return yields $337,500 a year, which after taxes is, let's just call it ~$200k for a nice rounds number. How much do you think $200k a year is worth with inflation in 10-15 years, let alone 60-80 years from now? And this is all assuming nothing goes wrong. That a poor investment isn't made along the course of his life, that he doesn't use any of the principal, ever.

$8M isn't what is used to be. :)

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think one thing people are missing (at least I haven’t seen it mentioned), why on earth would any kid care about development when they’ll leave college with more money than most people make in a lifetime?

Unless they are diehard for football as a career, development falls down the ranks when kids are set for life before they ever graduate college.

We could see a watered down nfl in the future if this **** doesn’t get reeled in.
I think the question becomes how much is the development (and other factors) worth... for example maybe school A which doesn't have much success recently and is not pumping out #1 draft picks recently (ex: Tenn) is offering me $1M per year but school B is very successful and put many players in recently (ex: Alabama) is also offering me, but not as much. How much of a discount am I willing to take to play for school B?

I am hoping that is where Mario's strength in recruiting comes in - that he is able to win those battles were we are paying the same or less than other schools. Not every kid is going to make up his mind entirely based on NIL.

Besides, with your rationale, why does anyone continue playing a sport/doing a job once they have (let's pick a number) $10M. That is a lot of money, but it's not a ridiculous amount of money in 2022. Also, some people are competitive and want to keep playing and strive to keep playing.

Very few people who play sports think like that. Football is a primal sports, alot of it is. You think about beating people *** first and then the benefits after. The people who think of it as a job or for benefits rarely reach anywhere. Even.those coaches, man could retire and be on Miami Beach banging 20 year old chicks every day but they grinding to recruit and coach.
Right - how much money has a coach like Saban made in his career and he is in his 70s; he certainly doesnt need the money but he has the competitive edge.

Yeah but he used his official here already, so it would be unofficial.
Exactly my point. It'll be even more difficult to get him here. For those unaware of how img is it's basically a college. They live on campus with a roommate in the dorms. There schedule is done down to the minute. From when they wake up, breakfast, workout, tutoring sessions, another workout, weight room, all that before classes, film study, individual drills,practice, lunch, etc etc. Another words these kids get zero free time on a daily basis. You are there for a purpose and free time isn't one of them. Really little time to get out and explore. Combine that with the fact other than the immediate area its surrounded by podunk towns you really don't wanna do nothing but work.

Advertisement
Nil is perfect for their situation

With Clemson and FSU both down, and knowing NC State, Cuse, Wake and BC won't be big dogs in the NIL/bags game, UL has a legit shot to move into dominance in the ACC Atlantic. The only question I have is who the **** wants to live there? But you could say that about a lot of the top schools.

So if the staff and facilities and money are there, they can really do some damage... assuming the really do have NIL staying power. It's one thing to man a BB team. Quite another to afford 85 kids (who now are starting to get paid while even in high school) and a massively larger staff.

Advertisement
With Clemson and FSU both down, and knowing NC State, Cuse, Wake and BC won't be big dogs in the NIL/bags game, UL has a legit shot to move into dominance in the ACC Atlantic. The only question I have is who the **** wants to live there? But you could say that about a lot of the top schools.

So if the staff and facilities and money are there, they can really do some damage... assuming the really do have NIL staying power. It's one thing to man a BB team. Quite another to afford 85 kids (who now are starting to get paid while even in high school) and a massively larger staff.
I’m not ready to write Clemson off just yet , when they got healthy at the end of the year they looked like a different team. As bad as the qb play was and the injuries they still won 10 games. They won‘t be falling off too dramatically. But Louisville could be a problem with how things are looking. Especially if Brohm comes home.

I’m not ready to write Clemson off just yet , when they got healthy at the end of the year they looked like a different team. As bad as the qb play was and the injuries they still won 10 games. They won‘t be falling off too dramatically. But Louisville could be a problem with how things are looking. Especially if Brohm comes home.

Yeah, I agree with all that. I do see a few chinks in the Dabo armor now though. Let's see if he has it in him to ascend back into the pantheon.

Advertisement
Bro. No one said CFB is making the same as the NFL. Stop making up weirdness and moving the goalposts! No one is saying that a top starting CFB QB should get $40M a year or that a 3-star true freshman kid should get $705k a year (NFL rookie minimum). But BILLIONS ARE being made, and the players who ARE the product should get their share. Especially for their NIL. And if your school or alumni's companies don't want to pay them? No problem. My school will. Will each little Snowflake U get a trophy? No. Deal with it.

It doesn't matter what you think "no one wants to see." This is a free market country. You can't take away my ability to earn by violating my rights. The SCOTUS just told you so.

Welcome to America. Please exit through the gift shop.

In fairness to those on here that lament the current NIL environment. I think we can all agree the initial intention was to allow players to be compensated for the use of their NIL, specifically products like videogames and jerseys.

At no time has there been public discussion that players should be able to enter a free market for service prior to their entrance to college. While most agree the kids deserve compensation for performance and revenue generated as a result of their on-field successes, the idea of recruits being offered compensation packages for commitments was never presented as an ideal or even legitimate reason for the NIL laws to be approved.

The current NIL landscape has been mutated into a third party pay for play system akin to the bag game that was selectively ignored by the NCAA for 50 years. It's a pain in the *** but it is better for us to be allowed to legally recruit in this environment. We have been made to suffer under an implied NCAA recruiting ban since 2008 when we captured that number 1 class. Once that occurred Emmert and his cronies basically made sure we were a non-factor in major recruitments moving forward. In this new landscape we can once again compete, and it should translate into a resurgence for Miami Football.

I’m intrigued to see how he handles real turnover with his staff for the first time . You could be right.
I do think it was telling that he hired from within including a DC that hasn’t been an on field ever in his career. Speaks to either his connections/standing among other or hubris/stubbornness.

Already in the works, that’s their version of Mario. The city loves the Brohm family & Louisville tired of seeing UK destroy Satterfield to end the year faithfully.

Advertisement
Gaby said Miami feels really good about its standing here.,
I did too, fell really good about this certain chick in college. She was pretty, fine as **** and set it out on a regular basis. I wanted her exclusive. Yet she would never commit to me, and I found out she had a BF. She stuck with him, they got married. She worked for a local TV station and years later contacted me and we secretly started messing around again. My confession comes with a moral story, a person can give you all the sign of eminent commitment, but won't because a MF'er won't let loose. Let's hope this doesn't happen to The U.

We'll learn a lot about Dabo to see if he can handle that type of turnover like Saban does almost annually
And with the staff turnover stuff I guess it is a concern but they actually prepare their assistants for this, the DC now has been with clemson for the majority of his career and had 5 years under Venables in different roles with a trip to the nfl in between. I think there defense is gonna be great and probably best in the country, the dline is insane.

The new OC has been with Clemson since 2015 with different roles under Tony elliot. The coaching turnover is something new because its a new head voice but these guys have been there forever so I don’t think its gonna have the effect some people are assuming. Its nothing like the saban coaching staff turnover

Biggest concern tho is there offense requires an elite QB to work well so if there’s any ***** in their armor its that but then again they have a super talented true freshman so it wouldn’t surprise me if they are right back in the playoff.

We’re still way behind clemson until proven otherwise on the field.

season 3 youre a fucking pussy GIF by Shameless
@PIPO ...oh boy, here we go lol

$8M after taxes is ~$5M. Plus you know he's going to spend at least $500k of that on BS. So that's $4.5M already. Invested at a 7.5% return yields $337,500 a year, which after taxes is, let's just call it ~$200k for a nice rounds number. How much do you think $200k a year is worth with inflation in 10-15 years, let alone 60-80 years from now? And this is all assuming nothing goes wrong. That a poor investment isn't made along the course of his life, that he doesn't use any of the principal, ever.

$8M isn't what is used to be. :)
1656154252957.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back