2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

This is just impressive

Rick James GIF

Advertisement
Alabama is the latest offer for Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy junior offensive lineman Francis Mauigoa but the Tide will have plenty of competition for the two-way standout.

Mauigoa has been a national recruit since he was just a freshman but there was one big offer he was still hoping to land. That school was Alabama and the Tide offered over the weekend.

“It was a great feeling,” Mauigoa said. “Alabama is a great program, one of the best in the country every year and it’s definitely a special place.

“I had a good talk with the OL coach (Doug Marrone) and he’s a good guy, very easy to talk with. He told me Nick Saban liked me and they wanted to offer a scholarship and I definitely plan to get out there for a visit in the spring or summer." Mauigoa said he hasn’t had a chance to talk with Saban yet but hopes to do after the playoffs. “Yeah right now, I know he’s busy preparing for the playoff so once that’s over, we’ll get it on a zoom call with him,” Mauigoa said. “I’ve never been out there before but I’ve heard great things about the school and the football program. “My roommate this year at IMG was Tyler Booker and he just signed with Bama. As soon as I got back to the room, I told him I got the offer from Bama and he was really excited for me and said, ‘that’s the move right there.’ I know a few other people going there and everyone has nothing but great things so like I said, I’m excited to go see it for myself.”

Mauigoa is planning to cut his list down to 10 soon and along with the Tide, has several other schools he’s hoping to visit.

“I really want to visit Georgia,” Mauigoa said. “They’re recruiting me hard and I’ve talked with the whole staff. Coach Cochran is my primary recruiter and he’s a cool guy and easy to talk with. “I like Kirby Smart as well, he’s all business. It seems like a family over there and I’ve talked with a few players on the team and that’s how they described it. They have a great team as well and I like their style of play so I’m looking forward to seeing them.”

Texas A&M is another school pushing for a visit. “I just did a zoom call with their whole staff and I’m very interested in A&M,” Mauigoa said. “It was cool, the whole staff was on it including coach Fisher and he seems like a great dude. I can see why they’re putting together such a great recruiting class this year. “Every one seems to enjoy being around each other including the players. It looks like the kind of school where you work hard but have fun too so I’m planning to visit there for sure.”

Oregon looked like an early leader as Mauigoa had a strong relationship with former head coach Mario Cristobal and OL coach Alex Mirabal. With Cristobal now at Miami, the Canes are strongly in the mix. “I really like those guys a lot,” Mauigoa said. “Coach Cristobal is a former OL coach himself and he really values strong OL play and that means a lot. I like they how they developed Penei Sewell and Miami isn’t too far from IMG so I’m definitely planning to check them out.

“Michigan is another school I like and I’m setting up a zoom call with them and their staff soon. I still have interest in USC too. That was one of the few schools I’ve already visited and I like the new staff there so I'm going to continue to give them a strong look."

Mauigoa is currently rated the No. 7 prospect nationally in the 247Sports Composite and is one of those rare lineman who could be a top 10 player nationally as an offensive tackle or a defensive tackle.

He’s currently rated as an offensive tackle and at 6-6, 315 pounds, has a prototype tackle frame with long arms and plus athleticism. He always preferred playing defense but switched over to the offensive line this past season and had a very good junior year at IMG.

"Right now, my plan is to cut my list to 10 schools pretty soon here," Mauigoa said. "Then I'll take some visits over the spring and cut my list to five in the summer.

"From there, I'll take official visits to those schools and then make my decision sometime during my senior year. Location doesn't really matter much right now, I'm just looking for the best all around fit football wise and where I have the strongest relationships and best comfort level with the staff."
We may be safe i dont think he will fit in a Dodge Charger that Bama gives out.

Advertisement
Wait..what? Is this confirmed? Blood uncle, uncle by marriage or one of those "uncles" kids have because its the parents best friend or something?

Yeah, I’m a little skeptical lol. Why are we just now hearing this? There’s a connection there, that has been discussed plenty but uncle? Eh lol. Regardless, need to win this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Need these type of recruits when you’ve got the Cristobal/Mirabal combo, no excuses lol especially with an offensive scheme that translates to the NFL unlike Lashlee/justise blocking schemes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back