2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So a miss on a top prospect due to NIL….

Who are we saving the big allocations too?
How about a couple of tackles (both offensive and defensive), a couple of CBs, I hear we're signing 4 WRs (only one committed), a couple of edge rushers, and we can use a couple of LBs (only one committed). There are a lot of holes to plug before we blow our wad on the one "can't miss" prospect.

I'm getting the sense that Tenn thinks they're Bama or something. Whatever, as long as they beat the Gators.

Last edited:
If no one will give him what he's asking, then we're even. :)

No seriously, I thought someone said here that TENN was going to go a bit past cookoo for him?
Yep. Tenn's recruiting strategy

cuckoo.gif

Advertisement
I’m just shocked their doing it with a coach who everyone thinks is on the hot seat…. Unless the boosters really do want him to succeed or at least set up the next guy

Just because the coach is on the hot seat doesn’t mean you quit trying. The money is already allocated so why not use it? I’m sure they want to show Brohm or any interested coaches what they‘re willing to do to get good players. You’re also adding quality players for the next coach “if “ Sadderfield is fired.

Just because the coach is on the hot seat doesn’t mean you quit trying. The money is already allocated so why not use it? I’m sure they want to show Brohm or any interested coaches what they‘re willing to do to get good players. You’re also adding quality players for the next coach “if “ Sadderfield is fired.
Guess they just stocked the fund because the past couple of years their recruiting class has been “crap-ola”

But point taken

Advertisement
Yea I have a feeling he likes the Miami staff the best do you think that's true based on the relationships and development factor, hoping we can get in the ballpark with the NIL, plus in Miami large market he'll make more each year as he becomes a key player
I think one thing people are missing (at least I haven’t seen it mentioned), why on earth would any kid care about development when they’ll leave college with more money than most people make in a lifetime?

Unless they are diehard for football as a career, development falls down the ranks when kids are set for life before they ever graduate college.

We could see a watered down nfl in the future if this **** doesn’t get reeled in.

Advertisement
I think one thing people are missing (at least I haven’t seen it mentioned), why on earth would any kid care about development when they’ll leave college with more money than most people make in a lifetime?

Unless they are diehard for football as a career, development falls down the ranks when kids are set for life before they ever graduate college.

We could see a watered down nfl in the future if this **** doesn’t get reeled in.
Because if you ever made money, you would know that once you get a taste the only satisfaction is more money. 8MM ain’t **** and you most likely aren’t gonna be able to stretch that for the next 50+ years. Your lifestyle changes and **** adds up.

Because if you ever made money, you would know that once you get a taste the only satisfaction is more money. 8MM ain’t **** and you most likely aren’t gonna be able to stretch that for the next 50+ years. Your lifestyle changes and **** adds up.

8 mm ain’t ****?? Lol… ok.

Who knew the nfl was the only way to make a living… especially when you’re sitting on millions to invest from the couch and watch grow…

Sleep on it all you want. The more and more young nfl players that die, coupled with ol faithful CTE…. It sure seems like a logical path to step away from football and invest/watch that money grow.

8 mm ain’t ****?? Lol… ok.

Who knew the nfl was the only way to make a living… especially when you’re sitting on millions to invest from the couch and watch grow…

Sleep on it all you want. The more and more young nfl players that die, coupled with ol faithful CTE…. It sure seems like a logical path to step away from football and invest/watch that money grow.
CTE is a real thing but that’s an aside from what we are talking about. Kids aren’t responsible l, I sure wasn’t, and most will run through that 8MM. These kids are thinking about stunnin and I don’t blame them. Once you have 8 and a taste of the lifestyle you will want more. 95% of kids will do this and I don’t blame them.

Advertisement

Certainly true, there have been schools/boosters in the past that turn off the spigot (or at least really pare it down) if there's a coach they don't like. I don't sense that Heuepel is that kind of guy.

So, obviously Mario and Mirabal are going to have to broaden their OL board some. Seems like majority of their top targets are leaning to other schools spending large amounts of NIL

Francis - TN
Sampson - Michigan St
Kirkland - Michigan St
Sanker - Louisville

What's the latest read on Freeling and Alinen?

Very few people who play sports think like that. Football is a primal sports, alot of it is. You think about beating people *** first and then the benefits after. The people who think of it as a job or for benefits rarely reach anywhere. Even.those coaches, man could retire and be on Miami Beach banging 20 year old chicks every day but they grinding to recruit and coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back