sotacane22

Sophomore
stacy coley

artie burns

corn elder

duke

dorsett

malcolm lewis

who will it be ? or somebody i didnt list ?

Advertisement
It's hard to say which of these guys will be on K.O.R.

Safe bet is Duke, but IDK how much he'll be back there. I could see Coley or Artie breaking one early.

I'll say Burns though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not directly on topic, but related, what is the rationale behind not putting your best players on return duty? Is returning so much more inherently risky that it is worth pulling off your best home run threat? I remember years ago the Giants' coach got lit up when Jason Seahorn asked to return kicks and destroyed his knee in the preseason. The reward of excellent field position or scoring versus the risk of injury seems worth putting Duke back there.

It's hard to say which of these guys will be on K.O.R.

Safe bet is Duke, but IDK how much he'll be back there. I could see Coley or Artie breaking one early.

I'll say Burns though.

Everyone thinks Duke won't be returning kicks. I don't understand that. Duke is the best KR in the country. Reminds me of Barry Sanders as a freshman or Leeland Mcelroy at Texas A & M.
We all worry about Duke getting hurt, but I didn't see him take a hard hit returning kicks all year.
It's also hard to get hit when nobody can tackle you.
This year he may get 3 returns a game as people will start to just kick it out of bounds or squib it down the field. Either way every time he is back there it's almost guaranteed we start with good to great field position.
Golden is taking over special teams and I think he will want the ultimate weapon back there scaring the crap out of the other team.

Advertisement
Stacey Coley really doesn't strike me as a kick returner in college. Hope I'm wrong?

Coley has all the agility in the world, very shifty, could see him doing some damage back there, but my money is on Artie Burns.

Advertisement
Stacy coley reminds me of Ted Ginn in his strides when he runs and as a pr/kr. I think Burns,Duke,Coley will be the primary KR and Dorsett will be the PR

Advertisement
Back