Off-Topic Felony for Public Camping

Advertisement
What they need is a place to sleep, three meals a day, and a job. Prison provides all three.
And it costs the taxpayers way more money than it would to keep them in a shelter. It also all but gauntness they won't be turning their life around after that.

Advertisement
Lets guess where this originated given these pseudo facts:
1. Homeless people don't vote probable because they don't have a residence to receive a voters registration card.
2. Many are poor whites and Minorities.
3. Who has a vested interested and support of Prison Industry
4. Who makes money from Housing, feeding, Clothing, snacks and minimal healthcare. FYI, they don't give a ***** about tax expenses that goes to them.
5. Why have real, logical and solutions that benefit individuals and society that they can't stir the profitable Tax Dollars to their coiffeurs.
6. Guess who would create a severe criminal offense for being a casualty of the economic, housing and mental health issues, the same people proposing this policy help create.
7. This just a History lesson. At the end of Civil War/Slavery laws were implemented that made it illegal to be unemployed or not working. Guess who the people with no job and not working? They were imprisoned and then made to work back on the plantations for free.

Advertisement
Lets guess where this originated given these pseudo facts:
1. Homeless people don't vote probable because they don't have a residence to receive a voters registration card.
2. Many are poor whites and Minorities.
3. Who has a vested interested and support of Prison Industry
4. Who makes money from Housing, feeding, Clothing, snacks and minimal healthcare. FYI, they don't give a ***** about tax expenses that goes to them.
5. Why have real, logical and solutions that benefit individuals and society that they can't stir the profitable Tax Dollars to their coiffeurs.
6. Guess who would create a severe criminal offense for being a casualty of the economic, housing and mental health issues, the same people proposing this policy help create.
7. This just a History lesson. At the end of Civil War/Slavery laws were implemented that made it illegal to be unemployed or not working. Guess who the people with no job and not working? They were imprisoned and then made to work back on the plantations for free.
Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence. It's much more likely they just want the problem to go away and think this will do the trick. Politicians tend to think a new law is the answer to everything. Tennessee isn't even in the top ten at imprisonment per capita.

1653567498158.png

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence. It's much more likely they just want the problem to go away and think this will do the trick. Politicians tend to think a new law is the answer to everything. Tennessee isn't even in the top ten at imprisonment per capita.

View attachment 187201
I see American through a different set of experiences and lenses. I live in a community with many White and other Peoples, but my understanding and what I deal with is very different from theirs. Nothing I said is untrue. Something you probably paid no attention to, the prison industrialists poured millions into Repub pockets to stop legalization of marijuana and THC products because that would mean many that "could" be imprisoned wouldn't. You get my point. I can bet this is a Repub proposed and Special Interest law whose true intention are disguised in some BS reason.

I see American through a different set of experiences and lenses. I live in a community with many White and other Peoples, but my understanding and what I deal with is very different from theirs. Nothing I said is untrue. Something you probably paid no attention to, the prison industrialists poured millions into Repub pockets to stop legalization of marijuana and THC products because that would mean many that "could" be imprisoned wouldn't. You get my point. I can bet this is a Repub proposed and Special Interest law whose true intention are disguised in some BS reason.
I don't like deleting comments, so stop going partisan!

I have a huge problem with prisons making money off the labor of prisoners and I do see major issues with the prison system. That said, this is mostly getting done as a perceived solution to homelessness, not as a means to fill prisons.

"Tennessee already made it a felony in 2020 to camp on most state-owned property. In pushing the expansion, Sen. Paul Bailey noted that no one has been convicted under that law and said he doesn’t expect this one to be enforced much, either. Neither does Luke Eldridge, a man who has worked with homeless people in the city of Cookeville and supports Bailey’s plan — in part because he hopes it will spur people who care about the homeless to work with him on long-term solutions. The law requires that violators receive at least 24 hours notice before an arrest. The felony charge is punishable by up to six years in prison and the loss of voting rights."

Sounds like it may just be a scare tactic. They have had a similar law in place since 2020, but have never even enforced it.

Advertisement
How bouts we fence off an area in da glades an put em there. No cold wether. Barrels to cullect rain fer clean water. Crap an pee wearever. Wild game fer food. Boom y’all welcum!

Dam sun it’s jus plane condom since! Deez morons say da bums need helth care, day need dis, day needs dat. Church groups constintly feed em and give em clothes, gumint pervides water and day crap all over an leave trash all over. Put em in one remote locashun and shut da **** up.

Here's a crazy idea. Maybe instead connect them with the appropriate people to help get them back on their feet. The last thing anyone who's down on their luck needs is a felony conviction on their record.

100%. You want to enact this law and enforce it? Fine. But, if you do that, have at least some sort of alternative solution for these folks and invest in getting them to a better place.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back