FAMU Gameday - Week 2

View as article

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
The Canes run through the smoke tonight for the first time this season as they play host to the Rattlers of Florida A&M. Get hyped.

c4pcG4R.png

Other than getting to see some true freshmen get snaps, the most interesting thing about this game will probably be seeing the 170 people in FAMU's marching band do their thing. The game isn't on TV, it's being streamed online through Watch ESPN/ESPN3. So if you want to see your favorite college football team destroy a hapless opponent, you'll have to go to the game unless you're cool with huddling around your computer.

YKXHlsD.jpg

Where: Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins/Dolphin/Land Shark/Sun Life Stadium

Who: Florida A&M Rattlers (0-1) vs. Miami Hurricanes (0-1)

When: 7:00 pm/et

How:
oxF5EgW.jpg

Official message for this game: No one get hurt.

Don't get hurt guys. It's pretty simple and doesn't require any further explanation.

Last time they met: September 2, 2010

[video=youtube;KYfLTyN_dCA]www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYfLTyN_dCA[/video]​

What people were saying after our glorious victory:

We weren't around for this game in 2010, so I once again turned to CanesOverHere for reference.

From VinnDogg's thread: Just got back from the game

HRIKN said:
The game really proved nothing at all. famu was outclassed. Our receivers didn't have anyone within 10 yards of them. The Genital could have completed those passes.

Some of the good things:

Nobody got hurt.
Shannon didn't call any time outs at inopportune moments.
The first team ran up 35 first half points.
Shannon and Whipple didn't get into any arguments or fisticuffs on the sideline.

Some of the bad:

If JH goes down, neither of our backups looked good against famu. I guess they are planning to red shirt Morris as he didn't get a chance to get into the game.

The 2nd and 3rd teams only scored 10 points in the second half.

Don't know if we were hiding things offensively, but I believe we only threw one pass to a TE and he dropped it.

The famu QB had a bad night, so I could not tell if we have cured our ability to cover a TE.

THE **** of the universe State got a better read on where their team is from a standpoint of being ready to play in a big game, playing against Marshall, than we did against famu. We really didn't get tested

Oh boy, did that bolded section ever turn out to bite us in the ***...

9pgb1yS.gif

Know your enemy: Tallahassee Democrat

What they're saying:

St. Clair Murraine said:
...The band will perform in South Florida when FAMU plays the University of Miami on Sept. 6. That comes with a cost of about $13,000 for the seats that band members will occupy at Sun Life Stadium, said athletics director Kellen Winslow, who was not too pleased with the way the contract was negotiated to include the band. Winslow didn't negotiate that contract. FAMU will make just over $700,000 for playing the Hurricanes, Winslow said....

Let me get this straight, we don't currently have the money for an indoor practice facility or even lights on Greentree. But we've got nearly 3/4 of a million dollars lying around to give to FAMU to come down here and play us? How about instead of playing FCS schools every year, we schedule some bottom feeding MAC or Sun-Belt schools and the school can pay for facility upgrades themselves? Would someone with actual knowledge of how these things work please explain to me how/why I'm just ignorant and that this isn't as stupid as it appears?

SwZnS.png
Miami Notes

1. UM's offensive line takes the blame for last week's loss.
2. Miami athletic director Blake James gives a vote of confidence to Al Golden.
3. For some reason Miami decided to start playing FIU again.

SpvVPYf.jpg

Maybe we'll play them more and not FCS schools as much. Whatever. **** those guys.

gdEUqm9.gif
FAMU Notes

1. FAMU hopes that more wins can reshape its image after their hazing scandal.
2. FAMU is excited for the challenge of playing a Power 5 conference school.
3. FAMU athletic director Kellen Winslow, Sr. wants a better stadium for the football team.

WMggeLh.png

Yikes...at least they have one.

Favorite FAMU related Image, Photoshop, Video or Gif:

DMEPmDK.gif

If anyone told you then that Sam Shields would end up being the best pro of all the db's on that team, you would have slapped that person in the face.

SwZnS.png
Miami Roster Stuff

Two-deep depth chart (never released one)

Miami Injuries
DatePosPlayerInjuryStatus
08/15/14WRRashawn ScottShoulderOut Indefinitely
08/14/14DBRayshawn JenkinsBackOut For Season

gdEUqm9.gif
FAMU Roster Stuff

Two-deep depth chart (Page 24 of PDF)

FAMU Injuries
DatePosPlayerInjuryStatus
N/A
N/A​
N/A
N/A
N/A

I couldn't find any...because it's friggin' FAMU.

Game Day Character:

"Nag, come up and dance with death!"

Mn38ebN.jpg

[video=youtube;Kl7f2ytS7Vw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl7f2ytS7Vw[/video]

Allons-y

Advertisement
I'll try to play Dan for a moment...

Stat that will make you angry: Olivier Vernon recorded 4 sacks v. FAMU, exactly half of his career 8 sacks at UM.

Last edited:
What they're saying:

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clair Murraine

...The band will perform in South Florida when FAMU plays the University of Miami on Sept. 6. That comes with a cost of about $13,000 for the seats that band members will occupy at Sun Life Stadium, said athletics director Kellen Winslow, who was not too pleased with the way the contract was negotiated to include the band. Winslow didn't negotiate that contract. FAMU will make just over $700,000 for playing the Hurricanes, Winslow said....
Let me get this straight, we don't currently have the money for an indoor practice facility or even lights on Greentree. But we've got nearly 3/4 of a million dollars lying around to give to FAMU to come down here and play us? How about instead of playing FCS schools every year, we schedule some bottom feeding MAC or Sun-Belt schools and the school can pay for facility upgrades themselves? Would someone with actual knowledge of how these things work please explain to me how/why I'm just ignorant and that this isn't as stupid as it appears?

This explains the home and home with Arkansas St. Arkansas St is getting 1 million for their game at Tenn today. So if you think you are getting a Sun Belt school any cheaper think again. Their AD interviewed this week said they do one a year and that is their price. Miami and Missouri instead scheduled home and home with them. They play USC next year plus have Missouri at hoe and them Auburn in 16.

Advertisement
This explains the home and home with Arkansas St. Arkansas St is getting 1 million for their game at Tenn today. So if you think you are getting a Sun Belt school any cheaper think again. Their AD interviewed this week said they do one a year and that is their price. Miami and Missouri instead scheduled home and home with them. They play USC next year plus have Missouri at hoe and them Auburn in 16.
Thanks. If the FIU game takes the place of these annual FCS game then that would be better I guess.

Golden has a losing record against MAC opponents

Why would he schedule MAC opponents, to lose?

I have to rep this......dan came out with the rikki tikki tavi......classic

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back