F&%K this VT bull****...

I dropped over to the VT 247 forum. Even a lot of their folks thought the line was crazy, but here was a different response:

"I will just say I have a pretty inside guy in Vegas and I asked him about this last night, after the millionth person texted me what the heck he was thinking, and his response was "Come on, VT is not bad. Liberty needed 1,000, breaks to win that game and Miami actually stinks. That QB they have just bails them out in games. Our power ratings like VT alot"

If this is actually a response from someone who sets betting lines then we should all never pay attention to betting lines ever again. Can you imagine discounting a team because one of the players is really good?

"They have, like, a really good player who helps them win games. That's why they're gonna lose. Our power ratings don't like teams with good players who help them win"

Advertisement
Did you even watch the last time this team went to Blacksburg?
***** 2018 that was coach richt and perry, coach diaz is 0&1 against coach fuentes, him and his self proclaimed team captain jw15 and in 18 coach diaz acted like he couldn't find or contain #29 when he was the d-co, and he brought in his minion blake baker who had #29 looking like a first team all-ACC player, and he let that hooker get outta control too.

I'm sure they are trying to gain an identity on the defensive side of the ball since coach foster left but offensively, they run the type of offense that's to simple and complicated for blake baker at the same time!

We'll see if blake baker learned his lesson from last year, and N'kosi perry is on stand-by by if King starts looking like he did against Clemson. No matter what V-techs record is, they always try to come and play us!
Why would Blake Baker put Perry in? Can he play CB?

Advertisement
We'll see if blake baker learned his lesson from last year, and N'kosi perry is on stand-by by if King starts looking like he did against Clemson. No matter what V-techs record is, they always try to come and play us!
Just like two years ago. Miami beat them like a drum in Blackburg. King isn't playing then we are in trouble.

Every site I visit and every pundit I read is picking VT, the favorite thus far is "Miami won a game they should have lost and VT lost a game they should have won so things will correct themselves"

Can Miami please come out and knock VT's **** in the dirt and move on.

Hilarious. Liberty did everything possible to lose that game and yet they still won.

As long as we have King doing his thing we should not worry about what people outside this program think or prognosticate.

The Hokies made Liberty's QB look like Lamar Jackson.

King is licking his chops to play their back 7. Trust me.
Agreed, but the problem is that their offense is licking their chops to play against our defense as well.

Advertisement
The VA Tech defense is awful, mainly because they are extremely underzied on the DL. They have a group of misfits there, but they're scrappy. We have had 2 good pretty good performances on offense this season, but we have played 7 games. Defensively they will do what every team will do the rest of the year, and that is stack the box and hope King doesn't throw for 400 5 TDs.
And stacking the box pays false dividends with Lashlee's bland run play calling.

Just like two years ago. Miami beat them like a drum in Blackburg. King isn't playing then we are in trouble.
Who was the starting qb 2yrs ago and who brought us back last year after jw15 threw 3 picks, from being down 28 to 0, all the way back to take the lead on my to have bubba baxta miss the EXTRA POINT!

877D1FB4-E8B3-4A08-8D33-FC4222EB86D2.gif

Advertisement
King? He's one of the only people on the team that scored against Clemson and played all 4 quarters. W.T.F.???

Who was the starting qb 2yrs ago and who brought us back last year after jw15 threw 3 picks, from being down 28 to 0, all the way back to take the lead on my to have bubba baxta miss the EXTRA POINT!
Is that you N'Kosi? It was last year. BTW, he looked brilliant on the series he got against Clemson's backups.

Kelly Stouffer, the Seattle Seahawks best all time QB, is calling the game.

Advertisement
If this is actually a response from someone who sets betting lines then we should all never pay attention to betting lines ever again. Can you imagine discounting a team because one of the players is really good?

"They have, like, a really good player who helps them win games. That's why they're gonna lose. Our power ratings don't like teams with good players who help them win"

"Look, without Michael Jordan, the Bulls are garbage. Bet the farm on the Utah Jazz."

Agreed, but the problem is that their offense is licking their chops to play against our defense as well.

Against P5 opponents, when Hooker passes for MORE than 200 yards, VT is 1-3. It's been a long time since I've seen a stat where a teams chances of winning go down as the QBs yardage goes up. Wake has an awful run defense (I think they have given up 200+ rushing yards in all but two games) but a decent pass defense. They forced Hooker to pass and he turned into an interception machine. I think Miami is capable of doing the same.

You guys NEED to know that Vegas needs those wagers...............part of the attraction and the money comes from odds that need no logic, as long as we play.............. and either give or take their lines.....
When we beat the spread, everyone acts like it was written in the Bible, yet when we aren’t getting respect in Vegas, it’s like it’s written on a bathroom stall.

The VA Tech defense is awful, mainly because they are extremely underzied on the DL. They have a group of misfits there, but they're scrappy. We have had 2 good pretty good performances on offense this season, but we have played 7 games. Defensively they will do what every team will do the rest of the year, and that is stack the box and hope King doesn't throw for 400 5 TDs.
If we pass like we did against NC state we will beat VT badly. They had lots of holes and busts and Liberty's QB could have had 2 more TDs. King could pass for 300 and throw 3 TDs. Outside zone, cutbacks should be open all game long. There best LB is coming off ankle injury and Herbert is hurt. Send the dogs after Hooker. I want blood.
Hilarious. Liberty did everything possible to lose that game and yet they still won.
Exactly there QB had like 2 fumbles in the redzone.. Some of these Vegas bookies say anything.. I see Miami dropping 40+ if Lashlee calls a NC State or Louisville type game. Gotta use the pass to set up the run. I would say go 40 passes this week and maybe 30-35 runs especially tiring out a small DL. I think even Burns should get some carries.

Advertisement
Back