F&%K this VT bull****...

I dropped over to the VT 247 forum. Even a lot of their folks thought the line was crazy, but here was a different response:

"I will just say I have a pretty inside guy in Vegas and I asked him about this last night, after the millionth person texted me what the heck he was thinking, and his response was "Come on, VT is not bad. Liberty needed 1,000, breaks to win that game and Miami actually stinks. That QB they have just bails them out in games. Our power ratings like VT alot"

Then there’s a more realistic breakdown by position “VT versus Miami, My Thoughts” its a long breakdown but starts with:

"Last year Miami was 6-6 and finished the season by losing to Florida International (wow), Duke, and Louisiana Tech. People were calling for coach Manny Diaz’s head!
Sound familiar? Diaz is still there and Miami is ranked #9 now. A remarkable turnaround. How’d he do it? Diaz fired the offensive coaches at the end of last season and then recruited King, Roche, and Phillips. All three are stars.

Miami is #9 in this week’s AP top 25 and it is payback time for them. Last year, Miami had a disastrous first half with 4 interceptions and that first half cost them the game against VT. Do you think they’ll be motivated? I do! I’m expecting Miami’s best shot. The Las Vegas betters have VT by 2 points with an O/U of 67.5 points. They think that VT wins by a score something like VT 35, Miami 33."
LOL...I've got a paradise lodge at the foothills of the Everglades I'd like to sell...going to list on this site....great price and a retirement dream home.

Some people believe anything.

Advertisement
Every site I visit and every pundit I read is picking VT, the favorite thus far is "Miami won a game they should have lost and VT lost a game they should have won so things will correct themselves"

Can Miami please come out and knock VT's **** in the dirt and move on.
What contest "should have Miami lost"?

VT seems to to play good after they look like ****. Then there's us. You confident in that team from last week taking care of business? We SHOULD win but that coaching is super suspect in some area's. Blake Baker anyone?

Who was the starting qb 2yrs ago and who brought us back last year after jw15 threw 3 picks, from being down 28 to 0, all the way back to take the lead on my to have bubba baxta miss the EXTRA POINT!

Again, it is apples to oranges. Yes, Perry replace JW15, but remember, JW15 is crap compared to King. ****, you could have replaced JW15 with Uncle Rico and it would have been an upgrade.......
1605190765951.png

Advertisement
NC state run defense was bad but we didn’t get the run game going until late. How does techs run defense compare to the Wolfpack?

I had forgotten Bud Foster retired. His defenses were always pretty hard to run on, but big plays down the field were typically available if you had a QB who could stand in and take a hit.

VT seems to to play good after they look like ****. Then there's us. You confident in that team from last week taking care of business? We SHOULD win but that coaching is super suspect in some area's. Blake Baker anyone?

Miami_Hurricanes_vs._NC_State_Wolfpack___2020_College_Football_Highlights.gif

We just have to keep attacking the middle with the playaction. If teams want to cheat the inside zone, make them pay.

That would back everyone off the run game, even Clemson. Salvation lies in attacking the linebackers and safeties in the passing game.

With Pope and Harley showing signs of turning the corner, this offense can go to the next level.

Advertisement
If this is actually a response from someone who sets betting lines then we should all never pay attention to betting lines ever again. Can you imagine discounting a team because one of the players is really good?

"They have, like, a really good player who helps them win games. That's why they're gonna lose. Our power ratings don't like teams with good players who help them win"

Right. Particularly when there is no commentary about how VaTech is going to stop our one good player from winning the game for us.

Kelly Stouffer, the Seattle Seahawks best all time QB, is calling the game.

Hilarious. I still remember him stiff-arming my (then) St. Louis Cardinals for what would have been his rookie year, which forced the trade to Seattle.

Advertisement
Contrary to what manny says week in and week out.... this defense does not “play extremely hard”. You routinely see this on the long drives offenses go on us every time they touch the ball.
Blades plays like one of those diva corners who’s incredible at covering but doesn’t like to tackle and sucks in run support. Problem is he doesn’t cover very well

Every site I visit and every pundit I read is picking VT, the favorite thus far is "Miami won a game they should have lost and VT lost a game they should have won so things will correct themselves"

I agree it is crazy and annoying.

Advertisement
Again, it is apples to oranges. Yes, Perry replace JW15, but remember, JW15 is crap compared to King. ****, you could have replaced JW15 with Uncle Rico and it would have been an upgrade.......
View attachment 135455
Not about perry replacing em, it's what did he do after replacing em, brought the team back from being down 28 points, only to have bubba baxta miss the extra point to take the lead, and than in regular blake baker fashion, he doesn't like to hold leads!

Not with Jennings and McCloud back there. VT will run all over us if that’s the case.

Advertisement
Back