• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

Everybody is going to get Covid…. and the pandemic is still over

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

All-ACC (#1 most reproted porster on CIS)
Yep, I have it.

It was just a nuisance cold. Just a slight fever 99°, congestion, just generally mild cold symptoms. Had this been prior to 2020, it wouldn’t have even stopped me from going out or going to work. It would’ve just been one of those pain in the ass colds where you take some cold medicine and get your ass to work.

I’m guessing it’s omicron but who knows - they don’t test or drill down to that level.

I’ve actually tried to be responsible and careful, and I still got it.

You’re going to get it too most likely.

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

E175F8EE-72EE-4B4B-B363-0354DA7B9261.jpeg

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

Here's hoping it stays mild for you.

I’m already over it. It literally lasted like a day.

Seriously, I had a slight fever maybe 99 or 99.5. Congestion. I honestly thought it was a cold because I kept telling myself Covid has got to be worse than this even if it’s Omicron. So I got tested yesterday boom positive

Suhrthing

Recruit
Yep, I have it.

It was just a nuisance cold. Just a slight fever 99°, congestion, just generally mild cold symptoms. Had this been prior to 2020, it wouldn’t have even stopped me from going out or going to work. It would’ve just been one of those pain in the ass colds where you take some cold medicine and get your ass to work.

I’m guessing it’s omicron but who knows - they don’t test or drill down to that level.

Recover quick man! Everyone I know is catching it, theoretically the charade should end soon.

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

Recover quick man! Everyone I know is catching it, theoretically the charade should end soon.

Thanks. Literally recovered in 1 1/2 day. for me it was just a cold. I know it’s different for other people and I’m not saying it’s that way for everybody. It was mainly just a nuisance for me. I’m just kind of staying away from people for a few more days. But I didn’t have any major travel plans until next week anyway.

Funny thing is I probably caught this in an airport or on a plane where everybody is masked up.

Suhrthing

Recruit
Thanks. Literally recovered in 1 1/2 day. for me it was just a cold. I know it’s different for other people and I’m not saying it’s that way for everybody. It was mainly just a nuisance for me. I’m just kind of staying away from people for a few more days. But I didn’t have any major travel plans until next week anyway.

Funny thing is I probably caught this in an airport or on a plane where everybody is masked up.
My worst symptom has been razors in my throat. Ibuprofen knocks all the others out.

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

My worst symptom has been razors in my throat. Ibuprofen knocks all the others out.

Yeah I had a scratchy throat for about a day. It’s not bothering me anymore. Right now all I have is I’m just nasally. If you talk to me in person you can just hear my voice is about three octaves deeper. But that’s literally it right now.

I actually think the vaccine made a difference with me. Because my symptoms were definitely that of a very mild cold.

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Yep, I have it.

Thoughts and prayers.

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Yeah I had a scratchy throat for about a day. It’s not bothering me anymore. Right now all I have is I’m just nasally. If you talk to me in person you can just hear my voice is about three octaves deeper. But that’s literally it right now.

I actually think the vaccine made a difference with me. Because my symptoms were definitely that of a very mild cold.
Will you be touring with the Three Tenors?

ithacane

Original Grassy Gangster
Premium
Yep, I have it.

Still waiting here, but maybe it doesn’t like subzero temperatures! Is it March yet?

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

Still waiting here, but maybe it doesn’t like subzero temperatures! Is it March yet?

May sound strange but I’m glad I finally got it, it’s over with. Not to say that I can’t get it again, but I just know it’s not going be as bad even as this time, which wasn’t bad at all. It’s funny because I was talking to somebody the other day that was triple vaxxed and had gotten Covid twice.

Bottom line my immune system has seen the vaccine, and now it’s seen the real thing, it’s getting trained pretty well.

423Hurricane

I’m Well On My Way
Premium
Glad to hear it was a mild case for you OP.

Running rampant around here. Record number of cases the last few days. I’ve heard of a few vaxxed positives and they were all mild cases such as yours. Majority of new cases are still unvaxxed. Ran into a friend who’s a nurse that’s worked on the Covid ward the last 6 months. He ‘s lost track of how many have died and said every one of the deaths were unvaxxed - age 21 and up. Every patient on ventilators are unvaxxed and the vast majority hospitalized are unvaxxed

Hospital officials believe we may peak in the next week or 2. The hospital system had 800 out 13K employees test positive last week stretching already thin resources even thinner. We have also been very careful but wouldn’t be surprised to get it.

miamifan007

Junior

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

Glad to hear it was a mild case for you OP.

Running rampant around here. Record number of cases the last few days. I’ve heard of a few vaxxed positives and they were all mild cases such as yours. Majority of new cases are still unvaxxed. Ran into a friend who’s a nurse that’s worked on the Covid ward the last 6 months. He ‘s lost track of how many have died and said every one of the deaths were unvaxxed - age 21 and up. Every patient on ventilators are unvaxxed and the vast majority hospitalized are unvaxxed

Hospital officials believe we may peak in the next week or 2. The hospital system had 800 out 13K employees test positive last week stretching already thin resources even thinner. We have also been very careful but wouldn’t be surprised to get it.

Unless you totally stop interacting with people, it almost seems impossible to avoid.

ithacane

Original Grassy Gangster
Premium
May sound strange but I’m glad I finally got it, it’s over with. Not to say that I can’t get it again, but I just know it’s not going be as bad even as this time, which wasn’t bad at all. It’s funny because I was talking to somebody the other day that was triple vaxxed and had gotten Covid twice.

Bottom line my immune system has seen the vaccine, and now it’s seen the real thing, it’s getting trained pretty well.

I’ve secretly wished I would have gotten it too (even during the original strain), but with the kids needing to be in school we have been extra cautious.

If the kids weren’t in school… or people that run the schools didn’t have such drastic quarantining for Covid positives, then we wouldn’t be as cautious as we are.

Feel better soon!

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

I’ve secretly wished I would have gotten it too (even during the original strain), but with the kids needing to be in school we have been extra cautious.

If the kids weren’t in school… or people that run the schools didn’t have such drastic quarantining for Covid positives, then we wouldn’t be as cautious as we are.

Feel better soon!

Yeah I’m already good. There are people post in here that need your best wishes way more than me. But I thank you anyway.