Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
I’m sorry man, I’m really not trying to be a d!ck, but that’s the logic every time weve ever offered an under the radar recruit. We think he’s going to blow up and we’re getting on him early. That doesn’t mean he’s going to blow up. We have other low rated commits as well, does the staff know they are all going to blow up?

This kids being recruited as an insurance policy in a year where we are able to do so due to our depth on roster, whether the staff openly admits that or not.
Pause! We’re recruiting him early not getting on him early. Go Canes

Advertisement
When have we offered somebody like this and this early? You don’t offer “insurance policies“ commitable offers in late April lol. Seven to nine months out?

I’m not understanding your argument. You say “ we always think a kid is going to blow up before / when we offer “,well they normally do. Secondly that’s comparing previous staffs to this staff which has nothing to do with each other. Thirdly you’re comparing offers to underrated kids when the times are nowhere close to the same. Offering a kid in late April / early May isn’t the same as offering a underrated kid in say Dec. He’s been adding offers lately from good programs so he’s obviously gaining steam and will 100 % be a high three star at minimum and imo four star is very possible. Especially if he hits the camp circuit.

Taking two qb’s isn’t crazy , especially in todays nil world. You want 4-5 scholarship qb’s on the roster at all times. We could easily lose a couple qb’s in one off season so it’s just another reason to stay ahead of the chains.

I probably wasted my time responding because you’re going to believe what you want which is fine. As long as there’s the internet anything is possible lol.
this ... this ... and this

How is it obvious?

for multiple reasons:

first, you don't stop recruiting guys to help build a roster no matter who commits.

second, you don't count on a kid in May, when signing day is so far away. a million things can happen. a kid gets hurt, he craters as a prospect when you see him in the fall. he develops a coke habit. anything.

third, if you look at the QB room, we are likely to want 2 QB's this cycle. The numbers and how they are stacked make that pretty clear. If you think you want two, and end up just wanting one, it's much easier to do that than go from one to all of a sudden needing to add a guy at the last minute. peronally, i'd be surprised if we only took one, but ask me again at the end of November.

I got to pause u @RVACane even tho ur my favorite Maude😂😂😂😂😂
I mean it’s bad enough that @Dwinstitles got @cway313 , Dr. @Cryptical Envelopment (alter ego Mr. Karenical Embolism) and others involved in his war on Saban but now they got @IndayArtHauz involved too???

SMH

1005048B-F4F0-46E0-AD38-AFC291B46EFD.gif

Advertisement
You’re right, as long as the internet exists, people will be able convince others that Deondre Johnson is a better player than Jermaine Johnson, and people will blindly follow.
I don’t understand why your so bent out of shape on this one.

It’s pretty clear the coaches really like him as a prospect regardless of stars.They could have offered a lot of other guys higher in the rankings with legit interest and chose not to. This isn’t a last minute desperation move.

I can see disagreeing with the evaluation and time will tell on that but how do you fault the overall process? To me it’s exactly what a well run recruiting operation should look like.

Advertisement
Man you’re funny as **** lol! Are you a graphic designer?
Lol. No sir - just a non-practicing attorney and bored older guy in his 50’s who discovered the iPhone and screenshots late in life. I just learned how to pay with the tap of a credit card 3 weeks ago. I do this all on my phone. I corroborate with @Baba Yaga @PIPO @djnellz

Advertisement
It’s also why we ended up with Adam Egammal, Jalar Holley, Larry Hodges, Peyton Matocha, Realus George, Nigel Bethel, Patrick Joyner, Derrick Smith, Zach Dykstra, Cade Weldon, Bradley Jennings, Evidence Njoku, Brian Polendey, Zalontae Hillary, Robert Burns, Jovani Haskins, Cedric Wright, Tyreic Martin, Jeff James, Tre Johnson, Terrence Henley, James King, Evan Shireffs, Robert Knowles, Tyler Gauthier, Ryan Fines, Hayden Mahoney, Brendan Loftus, Charles Perry, blah blah blah..

It’s also why we took commitments from countless other dudes that you’ll forget ever existed since they never ended up making it on the roster, like Chamon Meteyer, Cortez Mckenzie, Fred Eaford, Tim Burns Jr., Jamal Johnson, blah blah blah...

For every one example you can give of this working, I can give 30 that didn’t.
I deg to biffer on Derrick Smith.

Also heard from someone reliable he processes the field and game better than Rashada. Either way neither of them are coming in and starting year 1.

QB projections are not an exact science. I always love looking at the QBs in the league and where they were ranked coming of high school, what they did in college and what they’re doing in the league. It would definitely surprise people to see the majority were 3 stars

You can tell watching their highlight film. Rashada is a little slow in decision making but he throws so far it doesn’t matter in high school. It could hold him back at this level.

People are so high on Rashada because of his physical traits. Can’t blame them. You try to get tools like he has on your team and let the chips fall where they may.

Personally, I like Moore better than Williams or Rashada because of how fast he sees the field and gets the ball to the right guy.

None of these guys are finished products and film doesn’t always show the most important attributes when projecting a rise in competition level. It’s a crap shoot regardless.

I like locking up Williams though. My stance has always been if you really like a player lock him in and keep recruiting. Fans can call it what they want, but this way you have plan b guys ready to go instead of scrambling for plan c, d, and e guys at the last minute because you overplayed your hand chasing 5 stars. Take the takes and if you have to process guys out later, oh well.

Advertisement
Back