Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Roman liked Matocha lbvs
I’m about to make a special gif and I think I’ll include you in it on my team of killers. I got your gif image right here.
F3055D3F-F1F9-4BF8-9CCD-314E27955F99.jpeg
This is the Cway character. Perfect

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
There was a discussion somewhere - maybe this thread - Roman likes him. @RedSquare liked him. @Lance Roffers not as much. I forgot where @DMoney stood.
fyi, here ......

He’s not a backup plan is the point he’s making. They jumped on him early for a reason, they knew he was going to blow up.
I’m sorry man, I’m really not trying to be a d!ck, but that’s the logic every time weve ever offered an under the radar recruit. We think he’s going to blow up and we’re getting on him early. That doesn’t mean he’s going to blow up. We have other low rated commits as well, does the staff know they are all going to blow up?

This kids being recruited as an insurance policy in a year where we are able to do so due to our depth on roster, whether the staff openly admits that or not.

I’m sorry man, I’m really not trying to be a d!ck, but that’s the logic every time weve ever offered an under the radar recruit. We think he’s going to blow up and we’re getting on him early. That doesn’t mean he’s going to blow up. We have other low rated commits as well, does the staff know they are all going to blow up?

This kids being recruited as an insurance policy in a year where we are able to do so due to our depth on roster, whether the staff openly admits that or not.
That stupid and flawed logic is why Miami missed out on Weigman. Manny and his staff were practically begged to offer Conner when he was a 3 ⭐️ and they refused to because they were dubious on his ceiling. How did that work out?

Advertisement
Advertisement

When have we offered somebody like this and this early? You don’t offer “insurance policies“ commitable offers in late April lol. Seven to nine months out?

I’m not understanding your argument. You say “ we always think a kid is going to blow up before / when we offer “,well they normally do. Secondly that’s comparing previous staffs to this staff which has nothing to do with each other. Thirdly you’re comparing offers to underrated kids when the times are nowhere close to the same. Offering a kid in late April / early May isn’t the same as offering a underrated kid in say Dec. He’s been adding offers lately from good programs so he’s obviously gaining steam and will 100 % be a high three star at minimum and imo four star is very possible. Especially if he hits the camp circuit.

Taking two qb’s isn’t crazy , especially in todays nil world. You want 4-5 scholarship qb’s on the roster at all times. We could easily lose a couple qb’s in one off season so it’s just another reason to stay ahead of the chains.

I probably wasted my time responding because you’re going to believe what you want which is fine. As long as there’s the internet anything is possible lol.

That stupid and flawed logic is why Miami missed out on Weigman. Manny and his staff were practically begged to offer Conner when he was a 3 ⭐️ and they refused to because they were dubious on his ceiling. How did that work out?
It’s also why we ended up with Adam Egammal, Jalar Holley, Larry Hodges, Peyton Matocha, Realus George, Nigel Bethel, Patrick Joyner, Derrick Smith, Zach Dykstra, Cade Weldon, Bradley Jennings, Evidence Njoku, Brian Polendey, Zalontae Hillary, Robert Burns, Jovani Haskins, Cedric Wright, Tyreic Martin, Jeff James, Tre Johnson, Terrence Henley, James King, Evan Shireffs, Robert Knowles, Tyler Gauthier, Ryan Fines, Hayden Mahoney, Brendan Loftus, Charles Perry, blah blah blah..

It’s also why we took commitments from countless other dudes that you’ll forget ever existed since they never ended up making it on the roster, like Chamon Meteyer, Cortez Mckenzie, Fred Eaford, Tim Burns Jr., Jamal Johnson, blah blah blah...

For every one example you can give of this working, I can give 30 that didn’t.

When have we offered somebody like this and this early? You don’t offer “insurance policies“ commitable offers in late April lol. Seven to nine months out?

I’m not understanding your argument. You say “ we always think a kid is going to blow up before / when we offer “,well they normally do. Secondly that’s comparing previous staffs to this staff which has nothing to do with each other. Thirdly you’re comparing offers to underrated kids when the times are nowhere close to the same. Offering a kid in late April / early May isn’t the same as offering a underrated kid in say Dec. He’s been adding offers lately from good programs so he’s obviously gaining steam and will 100 % be a high three star at minimum and imo four star is very possible. Especially if he hits the camp circuit.

Taking two qb’s isn’t crazy , especially in todays nil world. You want 4-5 scholarship qb’s on the roster at all times. We could easily lose a couple qb’s in one off season so it’s just another reason to stay ahead of the chains.

I probably wasted my time responding because you’re going to believe what you want which is fine. As long as there’s the internet anything is possible lol.
You’re right, as long as the internet exists, people will be able convince others that Deondre Johnson is a better player than Jermaine Johnson, and people will blindly follow.

Good friend of mine lives in Navarre, close to Milton....said the kids arm is plenty good. We've had several NC winning QBs with So-So arms....

Also heard from someone reliable he processes the field and game better than Rashada. Either way neither of them are coming in and starting year 1.

QB projections are not an exact science. I always love looking at the QBs in the league and where they were ranked coming of high school, what they did in college and what they’re doing in the league. It would definitely surprise people to see the majority were 3 stars

Advertisement
Back