Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

First reaction was whaaat the ......
Then I actually watched the tape. This kid is good.

I also like the fact that they have been looking at quite a few 3 or low 4 star type guys (who are now committing to good schools) and did not jump in with an offer. But they took their time here, evaluated and did. It wasn't some late, desperate move and its a solid plan if the price for the bid dogs get too far out of hand. We see what paying top dollar for an incoming player can do to quality guys on a current roster with the Wong situation.
What was the Wong situation?

Advertisement
Advertisement
The kid throws a lot of these...
Game Love GIF by Millions

He has size and speed as well. Total take!

Advertisement
Milton, Florida ?
That's Pensacola-ish area.

Difference in cultures aside, I bet he's the only QB in Santa Rosa County to be offered a D1 Power 5 scholarship.

Advertisement
Dude may be a nice college QB one day, but we'd be dragging Norvell/Napier if we got wind of FSU/UF making this kind of offer.

I do not see a Power 5 player, either by offer list or on video.
It would be worrisome if our QB room were not stacked as it is because he's a project. But he looks like he has potential, and Ponce and Gattis, along with our offensive analysts clearly see something in him. Given their expertise and track records that carries far more weight than whether some random fans who know far less than they do "drag" them over the offer.

Our QB room is jammed with a potential first rounder, a backup who can start right now at many major P5 programs, and a 3rd stringer who is raw but has a ridiculously high ceiling. Bringing in an under the radar project doesn't hurt. We could still get a higher rated QB recruit as well.

Milton, Florida ?
That's Pensacola-ish area.

Difference in cultures aside, I bet he's the only QB in Santa Rosa County to be offered a D1 Power 5 scholarship.
This year? Sure. Ever? There's been a few. Thad Busby to the semenholes comes to mind

Advertisement
Apparently threatened to enter the transfer portal if his NIL compensation isn't increased. This was in reaction to what Nijel Pack got to transfer in.

NIL agents 🤮... I don't even bat an eye for a guy like Wong. That's capitalism. ... But for the high school sophomores being recruited now by the like of FRM, this will be tricky and could just be a legalization of the street agents without the corresponding professionalization.

Dude may be a nice college QB one day, but we'd be dragging Norvell/Napier if we got wind of FSU/UF making this kind of offer.

I do not see a Power 5 player, either by offer list or on video.
Dont disagree, but Garcia, Juccuri and Rasada aint realistic. Your gonna be wasting $ on Rasada who will bail if he aint starting in year 2. I dont see him jumping Garcia or Jacurri after a year under his belt. What's interesting is if TVD does not leave after this year... Garcia will bail and then you would want the Jacurri / Rasada battle to take place for position # 2.

Advertisement
Back