Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

They seem to want to at SC and Bama. We have a nice QB room but people are overrating it significantly, acting like nobody has ever had a QB room like ours.
Bama is an outlier. Not saying our QB room is all word just sayin that a high paid recruit Is not going to want to come in and sit. Look at ewers he dipped from OSU cause he wasn’t going to play and day is one of the best QB coaches there is.

Advertisement
I still don't understand how the Kyle Wright who beat San Ramon and the Michigan QB recruit in the playoffs in one of the greatest gunslinging "refuse-to-lose" QB battles there has ever been didn't become one of the best to ever come through here. No matter who did what to ***** him up. I would have bet my house on him.
Well he likely had scramble brains fromt he early hits he took and continue to take throughout his career.

I still don't understand how the Kyle Wright who beat San Ramon and the Michigan QB recruit in the playoffs in one of the greatest gunslinging "refuse-to-lose" QB battles there has ever been didn't become one of the best to ever come through here. No matter who did what to ***** him up. I would have bet my house on him.
Yup. I thought he was going to be an NFL player.

Well he likely had scramble brains fromt he early hits he took and continue to take throughout his career.

Didn’t they sub him in for Brock Berlin 1 game and he took 3 straight sacks? That was a long time ago but I remember he was taking some bad hits early on in his career.

Advertisement
What's pathetic though is that all the guys criticizing the potential take will be ok with it if he gets a 4th star from the clown brigade.
You’re the same one that was on here defending Moe from the criticism he was receiving for being a leach prior to the Shemar Stewart decision.

Now I guess everyone is supposed to be happy with every unranked kid we pull? Because they will all turn out to be 4stars? I hear this every year... so and so 3 star will be a 4 star by the end of the cycle. Only to remain a 3star or end up being dropped from the class... every cycle our 3stars are actually under ranked 4 stars according to you guys.

I’ll just bow down to your expertise as I wait for all the recruiting services to catch up to your level of genius. The bottom line is this is a fall back option that Mario and staff feel is worthy of a chance as we continue to recruit other guys. He’s has second qb in the class written all over him.

We wouldn’t be discussing this guy and you wouldn’t know who he was if we weren’t striking out on all of our other targets. Regardless of who’s liking and disagreeing with posts, we’re missing on our targets until proven otherwise. I said this same thing over a month ago and got jumped by everyone on the board, but since that time we’ve had our spring game and many other HS recruits visit and have nothing publicly tangible to show for it, all the evidence currently points at striking out with the HS kids until new evidence is presented.. silent commits and message board users liking/disagreeing with posts is not tangible evidence.

Advertisement
What's pathetic though is that all the guys criticizing the potential take will be ok with it if he gets a 4th star from the clown brigade.
It’s very gaytor-esque to root for a 4th star to like a take. That said, I think they’re having a hard time getting a top tier QB. With TBD, Garcia and Jacurri, they probably don’t want to pay the top money for a freshman coming in for a variety of reasons.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Being excited for unranked kids committing is very FIUesque
I edited it. My issue isn’t taking an unranked kid. I have no idea what they’re looking at nor do I know better than them and I’m assuming you don’t either.

My agreement with Cryptical is about the people who will cry for a 4th star and then like a commit like the gaytor board does. My agreement with you is that I think they’re having a problem landing a number 1 choice at QB.

I don’t think it’s because they can’t recruit. I think it has more to do with complications if they pay an incoming freshman more than the 3 guys here now plus the guy could take a lot of money to sit on the bench and then transfer anyhow.

Will be on campus today. First unofficial visit - Ponce and Mario getting eyes on him…

Gattis up in WPB this morning watching some jamboree games.
Mario wants visits before accepting commitments.

Btw I told y’all right when his name popped up the staff loves him, getting him down here on a visit so fast shows you he’s a priority.

Last edited:
You’re the same one that was on here defending Moe from the criticism he was receiving for being a leach prior to the Shemar Stewart decision.

Now I guess everyone is supposed to be happy with every unranked kid we pull? Because they will all turn out to be 4stars? I hear this every year... so and so 3 star will be a 4 star by the end of the cycle. Only to remain a 3star or end up being dropped from the class... every cycle our 3stars are actually under ranked 4 stars according to you guys.

I’ll just bow down to your expertise as I wait for all the recruiting services to catch up to your level of genius. The bottom line is this is a fall back option that Mario and staff feel is worthy of a chance as we continue to recruit other guys. He’s has second qb in the class written all over him.

We wouldn’t be discussing this guy and you wouldn’t know who he was if we weren’t striking out on all of our other targets. Regardless of who’s liking and disagreeing with posts, we’re missing on our targets until proven otherwise. I said this same thing over a month ago and got jumped by everyone on the board, but since that time we’ve had our spring game and many other HS recruits visit and have nothing publicly tangible to show for it, all the evidence currently points at striking out with the HS kids until new evidence is presented.. silent commits and message board users liking/disagreeing with posts is not tangible evidence.
I think you need to relax a little. We have one of the top recruiters in all of college football as the HC. We have an NIL budget that certainly puts us in the top 10 in the country.
And more importantly, if you listened to Mario’s interview at ACC media days with Leon Searcy, who I assume you know, then you would have heard Mario state that UM used spring practice to show recruits how UM’s practices and to find out which players were ready to come into a program and provide that level of effort every day. FYI he learned this at Bama. Lets the kids who won‘t work hard enough weed themselves out of your recruiting because regardless of their Ranking, we won’t win with those kids. Mario went on to say that UM has made very good progress with the kids it is targeting.

And if you were paying attention to how Mario recruits, we will not have a long list of early commitments. He waits to make sure the kids are completely committed and to make sure it is the type of person/player UM truly wants. Mario is deliberate and his recruiting style reflects his personality. There are no awards given for recruiting rankings in the Spring, as we learned over the past 10 years with de-commitments and poor evaluations.

Finally, with regards to QB’s, because no school’s NIL budget is unlimited, there will be a calculation as to whether 250-500k is worth it for an unproven high school player. OR, would that money be better spent attracting a transfer who has shown success at the college level. Understand that for those who understand the nuances available with NIL and the transfer portal, the old model of recruiting will need to be revised, and is already being revised by those coaches and programs who are ahead of the process.

Advertisement
Back