Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

I very rarely criticize and I fully support the staff. It’s also ok to not like the take. I’m not a star *****, never have been, but that could be bc I knew previous staffs wasn’t going to land them 😂. We will see when the class is finalized and like @LeedsCane said of his final ranking. Maybe he blows up, maybe he doesn’t. Make it like Dorsey 2.0 for all I care, just win lol. Yes, Dorsey was a stud before @SWFLHurricane comes for me 😂

Advertisement
I very rarely criticize and I fully support the staff. It’s also ok to not like the take. I’m not a star *****, never have been, but that could be bc I knew previous staffs wasn’t going to land them 😂. We will see when the class is finalized and like @LeedsCane said of his final ranking. Maybe he blows up, maybe he doesn’t. Make it like Dorsey 2.0 for all I care, just win lol. Yes, Dorsey was a stud before @SWFLHurricane comes for me 😂
1st time I saw Dorsey was the Spring of 99 at Greentree....I was talking to Sarge (Soldinger) and I said, "Is that the Dorsey kid from Cali"??...And Sarge said, "Yup"...And to myself I was thinking, Please Baby Jesus don't let Kenny Kelly get hurt, and this Stringbean is his replacement...Lol.....He proceeded to tear up Greentree that Spring/Summer, against a Grade A secondary to boot.....So ya never know. @Brooklyndee will attest what KD did that Spring and Summer....

Pull up Dmoney, Lance, and the other guys assessment on Peyton Matocha.

Thats how we will see if their evalution of low ranked QBs is unbiased (or good).

I actually liked Matocha's tape, so I'm eliminated (but I did learn at that moment HL tapes for QBs aint it).
My assessment of Matocha was not kind. I loved TVD and had him above Garcia.

I also liked Kyle Wright a ton coming out of California and thought he’d be a 1st round pick.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There are some who praised him from the start and continued to do so.

Alot more hopped on board once he got his 4th star after commiting (how many times has that ever happened for a Miami commit?)

Some people said he'd never see the field once Garcia committed.

My point is it's a fickle task to try to peg these guys when we aren't college coaches and we haven't always been the best at it. This board, for the most part, has favored the stars. Outside of dmoney, who will claim someone will be a first rounder if they play 3 sports in HS
He was a low four pretty much the whole time…

I always like TVD as a prospect. He played in a very pro-style system in high school that asked him to do a lot of things most high school QBs don’t have to. His arm always looked strong to me too. Even his running ability was decent. Much like we've seen in college, he's not a burner but he picks his spots and can get good yardage when he tucks it. I also didn’t jump on the Garcia bandwagon after he looked awesome in a spring game where he wasn’t allowed to be sacked.

He was a low four pretty much the whole time…
False, depends on what site you used. He had a lot of movement. ESPN loved him. Cycle back through that thread there.

He also became a 4 star composite on 247 in April 2019. Was a 3 star in 247s lone rankings. You can check history on 247

Advertisement
Just an armchair checking in, but he seems to throw wounded ducks on short/intermediate passes.

False, depends on what site you used. He had a lot of movement. ESPN loved him. Cycle back through that thread there.

He also became a 4 star composite on 247 in April 2019. Was a 3 star in 247s lone rankings. You can check history on 247

He was a 4 star in the 247 composite. It’s what we all use on here for the consensus rankings. You say he became a 4 star in April, well that coincides when he committed to Miami. Stop man, you are outright wrong here. We all are wrong sometimes, why are you gonna die on this hill?
TVD composite history

There are some who praised him from the start and continued to do so.

Alot more hopped on board once he got his 4th star after commiting (how many times has that ever happened for a Miami commit?)

Some people said he'd never see the field once Garcia committed.

My point is it's a fickle task to try to peg these guys when we aren't college coaches and we haven't always been the best at it. This board, for the most part, has favored the stars. Outside of dmoney, who will claim someone will be a first rounder if they play 3 sports in HS
Pause! No one on here are pegging any guys🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just saw this thread for the first time. **** I was impressed. Obviously from reading some of the comments, he’s not rated highly enough for the collective to get excited. Well…. I AM! I want this kid. I’ll take him right now as our only quarterback in this class and be very happy about it. Solid!

He was a 4 star in the 247 composite. It’s what we all use on here for the consensus rankings. You say he became a 4 star in April, well that coincides when he committed to Miami. Stop man, you are outright wrong here. We all are wrong sometimes, why are you gonna die on this hill?
TVD composite history
Holy **** bro, are you serious. Do you think we just started talking about TVD when he committed? People's opinions changed when we became a composited 4 star around the time he committed. He coincided with ESPN severely bumping him up.

Nothing I've said has been wrong.

Read the **** post. I literally said... More hopped on board when he became a 4 star when he committed. You replied...."He was a 4 star the entire time". Holy ****

Thanks for your notes, Lance.

I watched a highlight tape. Which is why i qualified my remarks. You clearly saw more film than i did, but i see a lot to like here. I will stick to my eval on what i saw, but happy to adjust as more data comes available.

Couple notes in response to you:

The ball handling i saw was much better than you observed, but i was focusing more on core movements

Also, i saw clips where his reset from off platform and/or guys in his face was pretty sharp.

I also saw a bunch of throws where his exit velocity looked better than you are alluding to.

And yes, the ball just leaves his hand so gracefully

On dropping his elbow, not as concerned. I think i made the observation in another post about TVD that it’s a habit not uncommon with younger qb’s particularly those that have played baseball in the infield. Correctable, and I’ve worked with a couple guys on that mechanics, so it doesn’t bother me so much

Agree with you on deep ball trajectory, and again, correctable so not concerned.

On the underthrows, my general observation is that I’m seeing that on tape a lot more with kids. I think it’s become a more accepted coaching point. In the old days, we were coached to better overthrow than underthrow. Now, the theory is that creating the contented catch is better than an overthrow.

Overall, I’m pretty solid on the kid because he fits a pattern I’ve seen before for guys who break to the upside.

Which games did you watch and i will try to hunt them down?
I'm not sure in lance said this or not but this kid is a QB coaches dream. Everything Lance mentions as faults can be corrected. The kid has incredible upside and a high ceiling.

Advertisement
Back