Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Pull up Dmoney, Lance, and the other guys assessment on Peyton Matocha.

Thats how we will see if their evalution of low ranked QBs is unbiased (or good).

I actually liked Matocha's tape, so I'm eliminated (but I did learn at that moment HL tapes for QBs aint it).

Advertisement
TVD committed in EARLY 2019 right after Artur had completed his freshman year at Rutgers and was complete ****.

Artur was very relevant as we were recruiting TVD. People pointed to CT HS football, not being athletic, etc. ****, we had people still ****ting on TVD last year before he started. Claiming Garcia was more athletic until the coaches came out and said Garcia has you fooled if you think that's the truth.

This board has had some big missed when it comes to evaluations. Quite frankly, it's difficult to evaluate QBs.
Yea there wasnt much TVD hate on here . He was genuinely loved on here for the most part.

Now Sitkowski never had a fan base on here...and we were sh*tting on him BEFORE the coach even acknowledge he was bad.

TVD committed in EARLY 2019 right after Artur had completed his freshman year at Rutgers and was complete ****.

Artur was very relevant as we were recruiting TVD. People pointed to CT HS football, not being athletic, etc. ****, we had people still ****ting on TVD last year before he started. Claiming Garcia was more athletic until the coaches came out and said Garcia has you fooled if you think that's the truth.

This board has had some big missed when it comes to evaluations. Quite frankly, it's difficult to evaluate QBs.
Yep. We waited three years for Kosi to live up to the board hype train, but it never happened.

Something just seems off with this whole '23 cycle for QBs.

Decent amount of hype for a few months about, Iamaleava, Rashada, and Moore. To the point where many thought a Rashada commit was imminent. Then all of a sudden a guy nobody has heard of gets an offer and is on commit watch and all 3 5*s are basically not in play anymore.

Maybe Emory has been silently being recruited behind the scenes for a few months and the other 3 guys were just smokescreens.

Or maybe the Emory smoke is just to put pressure on Rashada and Moore?

Pull up Dmoney, Lance, and the other guys assessment on Peyton Matocha.

Thats how we will see if their evalution of low ranked QBs is unbiased (or good).

I actually liked Matocha's tape, so I'm eliminated (but I did learn at that moment HL tapes for QBs aint it).
I remember D$'s take 😉.

Advertisement
Yes, off of his HUDL highlight. Hard to really do a breakdown of a player with a highlight video, but he sends me checks so maybe I should keep quiet. Ha
Tomorrow.....
im back GIF

***** was from Jersey and played at IMG. Plus we knew he sucked before he played a down to CFB. He fell apart at IMG. Was terrible his senior year. Went from a top 100 kid to a three star.

I wonder if Cristobal sees this kid as another Justin Herbert, who was also a lightly recruited 3 star. I think Oregon was Herbert's only FBS offer. It's not a defense of the recruiting - if there is one legit criticism of Cristobal, it's that he's not particularly good with QBs.

Advertisement
TVD is from CT, not *****. Holy **** it's pointless.
I know that but what does ***** and his comp in Jersey have to do with the comparisons with TVD? Reality is that ***** was a 2018 cycle kid and TVD was two years after that. I don’t see any parallel whatsoever other than both were northeastern kids. The two states are very different in levels of talent and even then, ***** played in Florida at IMG. Point is that while some may not have liked the TVD offer, most were fine with it and we had way bigger problems we were dealing with that year.

I know that but what does ***** and his comp in Jersey have to do with the comparisons with TVD? Reality is that ***** was a 2018 cycle kid and TVD was two years after that. I don’t see any parallel whatsoever other than both were northeastern kids. The two states are very different in levels of talent and even then, ***** played in Florida at IMG.
People were comparing the two. That's all I'm saying. Also saying people **** on TVD for athleticism, pro style bro, and playing on CT. People **** on **** for not even starting lmao.

Here's just one thread... There's many more. My main point here is this board doesn't know ****. ****kowski about the only QB we've gotten right in the last 20 years. Jarren Williams and Tate Martell was the second coming per this board.

I remember D$'s take 😉.
What was it? The Matocha threads are below . The only thing I can find is a comment that "if you are going to get a 3-star QB, get him from Texas."

My view on Matocha was that he was a late-period lottery ticket with good height and twitchiness. Arm strength was and is the question with him. One big difference between Emory Williams and Matocha/Shireffs is that were are evaluating him early and in person.

Advertisement
Something just seems off with this whole '23 cycle for QBs.

Decent amount of hype for a few months about, Iamaleava, Rashada, and Moore. To the point where many thought a Rashada commit was imminent. Then all of a sudden a guy nobody has heard of gets an offer and is on commit watch and all 3 5*s are basically not in play anymore.

Maybe Emory has been silently being recruited behind the scenes for a few months and the other 3 guys were just smokescreens.

Or maybe the Emory smoke is just to put pressure on Rashada and Moore?
Naw the main qb target has seen the NIL that the others in his tier got an has now opened up his eyes to other schools who may offer more than we would...so now we see that and are now will be sending out more spring offers.

Emory is the first being in state and the other instate qbs who we may have shouldve targeted have came off the board committing else where.

QBS typically re locked in by the summer...so we should see ***** lot of movement here...or Emory Williams will be our qb by next month or whenever he expects to commit/

People were comparing the two. That's all I'm saying. Also saying people **** on TVD for athleticism, pro style bro, and playing on CT. People **** on **** for not even starting lmao.

Here's just one thread... There's many more. My main point here is this board doesn't know ****. ****kowski about the only QB we've gotten right in the last 20 years. Jarren Williams and Tate Martell was the second coming per this board.

I think I saw one negative comment in that entire 3 page thread... Some questioned how he fit into the new spread offense we were transitioning to but show the comments of people ****ting on him and freaking out?

I get the premise of your original statement but this board gave TVD love. The overall consensus was positive. A few negatives but 95% loved the signing. The biggest questions were the CT comp because very few people were familiar with the northeast/boarding school prep scene.
Fans loved that he was a stand out athlete on the diamond too.

Advertisement
What was it? The Matocha threads are below . The only thing I can find is a comment that "if you are going to get a 3-star QB, get him from Texas."

My view on Matocha was that he was a late-period lottery ticket with good height and twitchiness. Arm strength was and is the question with him. One big difference between Emory Williams and Matocha/Shireffs is that were are evaluating him early and in person.

Paraphrasing "Developmental guy, good multi sport athlete biggest question mark was arm strength.

"late bloomer who is transitioning from low-level, private school Texas football. Tate Martell takes some of the immediate pressure off him."

I get the premise of your original statement but this board gave TVD love. The overall consensus was positive. A few negatives but 95% loved the signing. The biggest questions were the CT comp because very few people were familiar with the northeast/boarding school prep scene.
Fans loved that he was a stand out athlete on the diamond too.

There are some who praised him from the start and continued to do so.

Alot more hopped on board once he got his 4th star after commiting (how many times has that ever happened for a Miami commit?)

Some people said he'd never see the field once Garcia committed.

My point is it's a fickle task to try to peg these guys when we aren't college coaches and we haven't always been the best at it. This board, for the most part, has favored the stars. Outside of dmoney, who will claim someone will be a first rounder if they play 3 sports in HS

Paraphrasing "Developmental guy, good multi sport athlete biggest question mark was arm strength.

"late bloomer who is transitioning from low-level, private school Texas football. Tate Martell takes some of the immediate pressure off him."
I would say that's pretty accurate. Held up a lot better than some of my others, lol.

Advertisement
Back