Elder tells TOS **** play rb & wr & hoops

I think that if he's as good as his high school video game like production then he'll play and play a lot. They'll find ways to get him on the field. Not worried about his love for basketball.

Advertisement
this kid might make us forget about alex collins. he is superfast. not saying alex collins is not very good but Bilemma will run that poor kid into the ground.

Good stuff. If he is deemed eligible, does anyone know if Griffin is a football or basketball scholarship?

Advertisement
If a kid plays football, he uses a football scholarship period. Football is ranked higher than basketball in the NCAA thing from what I've heard so if a kid is at school on a scholarship and plays on the football team he is using a football scholarship. This applies if the scholarship is granted prior to enrollment.

Not sure what happens if a kid comes here as a bball player and ends up walking onto the football team. I'd imagine they would just keep the bball scholarship.

I wouldn't write off his being a special player for us. Miami has a good history of signing players late that for what ever reason slipped between the cracks that turned into impact guys. Ray Lewis, Edgarin James, Richard Mercia, Shockey and Gonzo are a few examples.

If a kid plays football, he uses a football scholarship period. Football is ranked higher than basketball in the NCAA thing from what I've heard so if a kid is at school on a scholarship and plays on the football team he is using a football scholarship. This applies if the scholarship is granted prior to enrollment.

Not sure what happens if a kid comes here as a bball player and ends up walking onto the football team. I'd imagine they would just keep the bball scholarship.

True. That's what happened with Thompson.

Advertisement

Yes. Corn Elder and Derrick Griffin will be on football scholarships but will play as walk-ons on the basketball team from what I was told.

They will start working with the basketball team as soon as the football season is over.

Last edited:

True. That's what happened with Thompson.

The QB/SS? He hasnt played in a game yet so he cannot be counted against football.

Advertisement
Back