Early Happy MLK Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SayWhat

Sophomore
Premium
What needs to be said that hasn't already been said about this great man. He changed this country and to a degree much of the world. I'm not going to do justice praising the man.

I've got a bone to pick with my children's school district though and I'm going to do so tomorrow. Every town, East, North, South, and West of us will be off tomorrow as most of the country will be. Not these ******** though and I'm raising **** on social media and will with the Superintendent tomorrow.

In leau of snow days, they do make holidays make up days, but we haven't had them yet. According to the school calendar, it was never a listed holiday. Next Monday, it's an e-learning day though. To me, that's a kick in the ****.

There aren't many African Americans at this school. Less than a dozen in the entiire district. What are we teaching these children. History I thought was one such topic and if you can't honor a guy like this, it's bull****.

Sorry for venting, but neither of my children will be in attendance tomorrow. I've voiced my opinion and displeasure with the school district to them. Thanks to my Wife for wanting to move to this intolerant **** hole of a town since her parents live here and she wants to stay here until they die. ***** this place.

Anyhow, enjoy the day and if I'm wrong, feel free to comment. I've got an axe to grind and that starts tomorrow.

Advertisement
What needs to be said that hasn't already been said about this great man. He changed this country and to a degree much of the world. I'm not going to do justice praising the man.

I've got a bone to pick with my children's school district though and I'm going to do so tomorrow. Every town, East, North, South, and West of us will be off tomorrow as most of the country will be. Not these ******** though and I'm raising **** on social media and will with the Superintendent tomorrow.

In leau of snow days, they do make holidays make up days, but we haven't had them yet. According to the school calendar, it was never a listed holiday. Next Monday, it's an e-learning day though. To me, that's a kick in the ****.

There aren't many African Americans at this school. Less than a dozen in the entiire district. What are we teaching these children. History I thought was one such topic and if you can't honor a guy like this, it's bull****.

Sorry for venting, but neither of my children will be in attendance tomorrow. I've voiced my opinion and displeasure with the school district to them. Thanks to my Wife for wanting to move to this intolerant **** hole of a town since her parents live here and she wants to stay here until they die. ***** this place.

Anyhow, enjoy the day and if I'm wrong, feel free to comment. I've got an axe to grind and that starts tomorrow.
Y’all should go protest. Real talk. What state is that?

It isn't the south. Guess this **** happens everywhere.

Advertisement
y8cge2_yXrmxXz-y7dv_6CcpzvYgtFNEPAZnFNebgYc.jpg

I gotta cover a deposition at 10 am. Sometimes my life is a joke.

As a white man i dont think i can understand what this day truly means to black Americans. I can say that i consider MLK to be one of the greatest Americans ever. His words of treating people by the content of their character is exactly how we should treat each other.

You are not wrong because it is how you feel. It means something to you. You should keep your children out if thats what you think is right.

I went to Christian private school from elementary through middle school. We only got religious holidays off. I can say that even though i didn't have MLK day off it didnt change how i felt about him as a great American. We were still shown his speeches and taught how his words on freedom should apply to every man. Thats not to say people shouldn't have this day off.

Advertisement
As a white man i dont think i can understand what this day truly means to black Americans. I can say that i consider MLK to be one of the greatest Americans ever. His words of treating people by the content of their character is exactly how we should treat each other.

You are not wrong because it is how you feel. It means something to you. You should keep your children out if thats what you think is right.

I went to Christian private school from elementary through middle school. We only got religious holidays off. I can say that even though i didn't have MLK day off it didnt change how i felt about him as a great American. We were still shown his speeches and taught how his words on freedom should apply to every man. Thats not to say people shouldn't have this day off.
He was great in public but completely different story in his private life .
His behind the scenes private life shocking truth cannot be public till 2027 , when it is everything as you know it will change to the point of changing street names and statues.

This is not my doings it has been already written but an agreement to shield public till 2027 was written long time ago.

Jessy Jackson plays an instrumental part in his private live secrets .

His behind the scenes private life shocking truth cannot be public till 2027 , when it is everything as you know it will change to the point of changing street names and statues.

This is not my doings it has been already written but an agreement to shield public till 2027 was written long time ago.

I don’t know why the finger @Problem2 , this is none of my doing.
People in this country have exposed many great men in our history who weren’t so nice in there private life but we’re great men in public and destroyed there statues.

I have no doubt you may have said YEAH tear down all those statues he /they were terrible in there private life in what was NOT written in history books.

Am I wrong?

We’ll no one is exempt unless you want to be selective on whom should be exempt and hide the truth.

I don’t know why the finger @Problem2 , this is none of my doing.
People in this country have exposed many great men in our history who weren’t so nice in there private life but we’re great men in public and destroyed there statues.

I have no doubt you may have said YEAH tear down all those statues he /they were terrible in there private life in what was NOT written in history books.

Am I wrong?

We’ll no one is exempt unless you want to be selective on whom should be exempt and hide the

Smh

Advertisement

The people know MLK kept a few lady friends on the road. Thank the Lord for Coretta holding the household down and MLK for not being scared of government blackmail. The world is a better place because of their marriage and family.

All men have secrets and no man is perfect. Im aware of some of his private life but that doesn't change his message. We werent living up to the message in the constitution and he pointed it out.
Very true 🎯 , spot on . MLK speech probably the most passionate I have EVER heard.

Great point, I was expressing the same point bu in a different route.

But some here went quick to judge me ,

Thank you again

The people know MLK kept a few lady friends on the road. Thank the Lord for Coretta holding the household down and MLK for not being scared of government blackmail. The world is a better place because of their marriage and family.
You middle fingered me then came and made a great point.

It goes a lot deeper then a couple women on the side though.

See instead of middle finger expressing a contrasting view is so much better , I see and respect your point of view.

Not many have ever respected mine on CIS but I’m accustomed to it over the many years.

Good point but not so good on the finger though.

Advertisement
One of the most powerful actions of MLK‘s, unjustly cut short, life was the voters rights march with Stokely Carmichael despite their differences. At every turn, at every opportunity, he chose love over hate. And he rarely, if ever, retorted back with personal attacks if someone attacked his character.

I am thankful he was able to write a great book in Jamaica before his passing. The Poors People Campaign was a tough task to tackle. It did not matter how slow his progress was, he kept moving forward to push equality for all.

some quotes
“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”
Without MLK there are no UMiami 5 ringz
“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
“Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it, because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.”
Now there is a final reason I think that Jesus says, "Love your enemies." It is this: that love has within it a redemptive power. And there is a power there that eventually transforms individuals. Just keep being friendly to that person. Just keep loving them, and they can’t stand it too long. Oh, they react in many ways in the beginning. They react with guilt feelings, and sometimes they’ll hate you a little more at that transition period, but just keep loving them. And by the power of your love they will break down under the load. That’s love, you see. It is redemptive, and this is why Jesus says love. There’s something about love that builds up and is creative. There is something about hate that tears down and is destructive. So love your enemies
“Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals.”

“Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.”

some quotes

Without MLK there are no UMiami 5 ringz
Brother HOME-RUN , awesome points.

Our countries history is loaded with great men whom achieve greatness out side the comfort zone.

I believe the Good Lord put these men and there are great historical women of the same mold with special gifts and through great sacrifice against all odds persevered and changed the world.

Through out the Bible the Good Lord took the worst of the worst and made greatness like Saul whom became Paul the greatest apostle of Christ.

We all are sinners and hypocrites even MLK and Paul yet they went we’re no man has gone before on a lonely least traveled path we all fear.

A great General as he asked his men who will go on this mission and will never return ALL stepping forward.
As he sent them to there death he quietly said My God where did these men come from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back