Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Maybe. We here a lot of reflexive defensiveness of Manny (can see it in this thread). I'm pointing out an objective fact from the horse's mouth pointing out that Manny as a recruiter wasn't hands on.

My concern, however, consistently expressed around here, is that he doesn't get recruiting as a process matter. I had hoped he did, but see no evidence he does. I don't doubt he's a bit more engaged as a reactive matter. But he's the head coach. He has to set the tone, the culture ... and the processes for the program. Being on the phone a bit more isn't the step-up I'm looking for. I want to see that he's gotten a recruiting approach and process built that improves decisionmaking in all areas: target identification, funnel building, triage, prioritization, communications, evaluations and selling. Because make no mistake, that's what good looks like in CFB. Saban may call kids more often, but it's what's behind and around Saban that makes their recruiting so effective. And it's not ten former NFL head coaches like his QC has. Aspects of recruiting can be supported by staff and data analytics as much as anything. I can't tell you definitively Manny hasn't done that but I don't see a reason to believe he has.

I disagree with your use of "objective fact". I would think "worrisome claim" is more accurate.

Advertisement
So now Stevenson it a liar too? Cause he himself said Manny was checked out on his recruitment last time around. To the slurpeds around here, all facts are interpreted to support Manny. Y’all don’t even care about the program it seems. Just the coach.
I missed him saying "checked out", but if that's what Stephenson said, Manny was "told" by many on here that Stephenson was "playing" UM because he was going to Georgia for a massive check.

They are not mutually exclusive.

So now Stevenson it a liar too? Cause he himself said Manny was checked out on his recruitment last time around. To the slurpeds around here, all facts are interpreted to support Manny. Y’all don’t even care about the program it seems. Just the coach.
He was checked out cause he was interviewing /leaving for the Temple job... which is true and is actually a more accurate depiction of what Stevenson himself said.
This was a recruitment that went down to the wire as is well documented and Manny was literally announced as the Temple HC the day of Tyriques last official visit to UM just 6 days before he signed with GA.

“Me talking to coach Diaz in high school and now, it’s a different type of relationship… (In high school) he wasn’t really hands-on with recruiting.”
That quote is from Stevenson, today.

Classic example of taking a quote out of context to advance an agenda and strengthen an argument.

Advertisement
Well Bama has arguably the best coach in the history of college football. (I hate him with a passion).

And UM is coming off one of the worst stretches of games in its history.

So Yeah.
What?

We lost bigly to UNC. That's it. We went 8-3. We're an above average team. A couple extra kids like him in a class and there's every reason to expect double digit wins.

And I say that as a program critic.

Is Baga the standard right now? Yes. But we are hardly some sort of conference bottom-dweller.

Yes, you have hearsay evidence from a party with a vested interest. I Let's say Sr. is being less than truthful. Manny still want Jr. to come here, he's not going to put out a press release with phone records to show Sr. is not correct.

Possibilities, we have plenty, certainties, none.
Hearsay lol

Advertisement
He was checked out cause he was interviewing /leaving for the Temple job... which is true and is actually a more accurate depiction of what Stevenson himself said.
This was a recruitment that went down to the wire as is well documented and Manny was literally announced as the Temple HC the day of Tyriques last official visit to UM just 6 days before he signed with GA.
Lmao. He’s got no blemishes or flaws according to you delusionalists.

Well Bama has arguably the best coach in the history of college football. (I hate him with a passion).

And UM is coming off one of the worst stretches of games in its history.

So Yeah.
Coming "OFF" a worst stretch of games???? We're about to hit a 2nd consecutive 3 game losing streak

Advertisement
Let me end this for y’all.

It’s obvious we’re only taking 2 CBS. It’s obvious the top 2 CBs are Khamauri Rigers and Jacolby Spells. It’s obvious that we’re probably going to land both of them and if we don’t then ***ans is the next man up. It’s obvious JR is high on the board but not higher than these 3.

The answer has been in front of you the entire time.

Lmao. He’s got no blemishes or flaws according to you delusionalists.
Nice. I’d go with the insult deflection if someone pointed out a major flaw in my argument as well.

Manny not perfect that’s for sure. Sometimes he gets in his own way for sure. Often times he does adjust though and has done a good job so far in his tenure of fixing mistakes. Ideally he never makes some of those mistakes but that’s the reality of a first time head coach. What is a good measure of suitability or the HC gig is his ability to cut down on mistakes moving forward and never repeat the same mistake twice. Jury still out and this year shaping up as a potential inflection point of his tenure.

All that said, you’re wrong in this one. Guy got announced as the head coach for another school same day TS took his last official visit. So ya, go figure, he wasn’t all in recruiting for Miami at that point,

Let me end this for y’all.

It’s obvious we’re only taking 2 CBS. It’s obvious the top 2 CBs are Khamauri Rigers and Jacolby Spells. It’s obvious that we’re probably going to land both of them and if we don’t then ***ans is the next man up. It’s obvious JR is high on the board but not higher than these 3.

The answer has been in front of you the entire time.
Isn’t ***ans a 2023 kid?

Advertisement
Just this thread? Don’t sell the football board short

1 uses rivals, etc. as his end all be all w recruiting without the slightest ability to his own eyes.

1 using quotes that are incomplete for YEARS ago where even the insiders here have said that manny has embraced recruiting and has gotten more involved since being the HC.

you can hate the man, but he has improved in some areas such as recruiting. hes put together a good recruiting staff. you guys need to shut up and relax before freaking out esp since were still in early march. we didnt get hot last year till the summer and i expect the same this year esp w the dead period lifted.

he still needs to improve his on the field coaching

Advertisement
Back