Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

From what the talent scouts here say about Little, he is alright. Not going to lose sleep on him going away. I read here Spells and some of the other guys we on have a higher ceiling. I love recruiting and CIS in the spring almost more than the games.
That’s the real question. If the kid wasn’t playing on AH and wasn’t named JR, would he be a top 300 player?

Advertisement
Why in the world would anyone assume our staff knows 'exactly where they stand with this kid'???????????????????????????????????????????????

Mike Rumph didn't know 'exactly where he stood' with his own Godson. Manny was his DC.

Our coaching staffs have known less about where they stand with some kids than many posters on this board over the years.

What I'm used to seeing is a bunch of uninformed fans who want to sound smart claiming the staff knows everything, kinda always. And they rarely do. It's all just a spin to defend whatever it seems like they're doing, usually without the people claiming this even knowing what they're actually doing. Manny can't talk about Little in any case. Not sure why you assume you know that he doesn't have a chance, know that he knows it, and assume he's given up.

“Uninformed fans who want to sound smart claiming...”

Last edited:
I'm not gonna try to analyze anyone else's motivations. No emotional letdown for me as I've never believed we were in the driver's seat for this recruit.

He is a massive traitor if he doesn't come here, though, and I have no problem stamping him with that label.

I also think Dad, as a former player, is trying to avoid that label for his son. It won't work, but he's trying (and is all unnecessary and silly if you ask me).
I see two possibilities:

- his dad told the truth, manny isn’t recruiting him as hard as saban, and the question is why.
- his dad dodn’t te;l the truth, manny is recruiting him as hard as saban, and the sour geape crowd is just spinning.

The second one sounds unlikely. But the first one sounds like it’s not so easy to blame his dad for his comments.

Advertisement
I see two possibilities:

- his dad told the truth, manny isn’t recruiting him as hard as saban, and the question is why.
- his dad dodn’t te;l the truth, manny is recruiting him as hard as saban, and the sour geape crowd is just spinning.

The second one sounds unlikely. But the first one sounds like it’s not so easy to blame his dad for his comments.
I'm guessing that it comes down to evaluations.

I see two possibilities:

Its not always black and white as much as you want it to be. Realistically, most of life resides in the grey.

My common sense guess (and guesses are all anyone has on the matter regardless of how confident they sound) would be:

- Little is not as high on the UM board as his ranking would indicate
- Manny got a feel that he is likely headed to an SEC type school
- Although still a take and wanted, the decision was made not to spend too much valuable resource on a longshot who may not be at the very top of our board
- Littles Dad was speaking the truth although that doesn't tell the whole story. At the same time, this "truth" helps eventually justify the probable commitment by a former Cane's son to Alabama

Fun debating it but we will probably never know the full story.

Last edited:
Its not always black and white as much as you want it to be. Realistically, most of life resides in the grey.

My common sense guess (and guesses are all anyone has on the matter regardless of how confident they sound) would be:

- Although still a take and wanted, the decision was made not to spend too much valuable resource on a longshot who may not be at the very top of our board
- Littles Dad was speaking the truth although that doesn't tell the whole story. At the same time, this "truth" helps eventually justify the probable commitment by a former Cane's son to Alabama

Can't we just ask Early Sr? I mean we have folks round here with the inside hot sauces...

surely someone can dial somebody's digits.

Advertisement
in the end, him going to bama where they'll put another first round DB out there isnt a shock or even a surprise. not gonna lose sleep over it. just target the kids you have a shot at and not the ones who dont want to be home
You’d be an awesome salesman. “Hey, man. you probably don’t want this car because there are better ones out there. I’ll just sit here and wait for someone to convince me that I should let them buy it.”

Well Bama has arguably the best coach in the history of college football. (I hate him with a passion).

And UM is coming off one of the worst stretches of games in its history.

So Yeah.
Then be a leader and have some community pride and be a part of the solution instead of front running and being a sorry *** KKK groupie.

If you’re good you’ll get paid wherever you go. Rousseau and Phillips are about to prove that if you’re good you can play 15 games here and go get rich in the NFL.

These kkk groupies are just chasing social media hype for going to the it team that all the sword swallowing simps have been brainwashed into thinking is the only way to get to the NFL

Advertisement

I don’t understand your response. It’s easy to talk about life being shades of grey, but my comment was either his dad told the truth or he didn’t, and there isn’t a lot of gray in there. You respond with a bunch of non-responsive comments. I don’t claim to know the ‘full story.’ We’re debating things on a recruiting board. We almost mever know the full story.

I don’t understand your response. It’s easy to talk about life being shades of grey, but my comment was either his dad told the truth or he didn’t, and there isn’t a lot of gray in there. You respond with a bunch of non-responsive comments. I don’t claim to know the ‘full story.’ We’re debating things on a recruiting board. We almost mever know the full story.
This is the question you posed;
"his dad told the truth, manny isn’t recruiting him as hard as saban, and the question is why"

I listed listed a potential answer in straightforward bullet points. In any case, I know you can take these things down endless rabbit holes so I will stop here. Take my response as you will, nothing further from my end good sir.

Advertisement
Then be a leader and have some community pride and be a part of the solution instead of front running and being a sorry *** KKK groupie.

If you’re good you’ll get paid wherever you go. Rousseau and Phillips are about to prove that if you’re good you can play 15 games here and go get rich in the NFL.

These kkk groupies are just chasing social media hype for going to the it team that all the sword swallowing simps have been brainwashed into thinking is the only way to get to the NFL
Agree 1000 percent!!!

That quote is from Stevenson, today.

and this is the rest of the quote when he is now the HC.

(But now) he was the first to call me when I had my name in the portal. We talked 20, 30 minutes, and he gave me this idea, this vibe, `I’m going to coach you hard, want you to do everything right to prepare yourself for the next level and I’ll give you all the tools to do it.’”

and this is the rest of the quote when he is now the HC.

(But now) he was the first to call me when I had my name in the portal. We talked 20, 30 minutes, and he gave me this idea, this vibe, `I’m going to coach you hard, want you to do everything right to prepare yourself for the next level and I’ll give you all the tools to do it.’”
Sure, okay. For anyone who thinks it’s inconceivable that Manny is less engaged in recruiting than top head coaches like Saban, you still have the unavoidable fact here that you can’t change. Maybe he learned and changed. Maybe he’s only focused when he’s desperate. Maybe he likes the quick return of portal more than the long term relationship building grind of high school recruiting. Who knows. What we have confirmation of is that Manny was recently, as DC, hands off on a top top local kid at a critical position that we all blame Rumph for not filling. Maybe Rumph got no help from his DC?

Advertisement
Back