Dwayne Hoilett

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Saturday will be our first real look at Dwayne Hoilett. What kind of player do you think he can be?

From a pad-level and get off standpoint, he might be the most impressive DL in the class. The problem is he's a hand-in-the-ground defensive end in a wide receiver's body.

It is encouraging that at the Opening, where they practice linemen drills in shells, he had success against some of the best and biggest players in the nation. Seems like his flexibility and leverage allow him to play bigger than he is.

So future starter, tweener or JAG?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxiTkOSl39A

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've been saying for months now (when we were still on grassy) that Hoilett is my pick to end up one of the better players in this class. Something about him reminds me of Spence and Vilma....I think he will be the DE version of those guys. Not this year though...needs to put on the adequate muscle first.

I've been saying for months now (when we were still on grassy) that Hoilett is my pick to end up one of the better players in this class. Something about him reminds me of Spence and Vilma....I think he will be the DE version of those guys. Not this year though...needs to put on the adequate muscle first.

+1 I think him being an EE is huge as he gets in the S&C program early but right now he needs another year before he is contributing. I love his play though.

Definitely see him as a contributor. Needs a ton of work with size/strength, but not worried about work ethic anymore from this class on.

Advertisement
When he was at the opening some rivals guy stated how he was stunned at how strong he was for his build.

Dwayne Hoilett= Corey Moore........hopefully. Same measurables. Reminds me of him in some ways.

Corey Moore barely made 6'. At 212lbs he ran a 4.38 40. Hoilett is 6'3, and Scout has him with a 4.8 40. I don't see any similarity in the measurables.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Corey Moore didn't run a 4.38 40
I understand we always take VT times with a couple of grains of salt. Let's put it another way. He ran .13 slower than Michael Vick. The point is, Moore was small and very fast/quick. Hoilett doesn't look anything like that to me.

Advertisement
At this point we could use Tom Carol. kid had average talent, but above average motor and work ethic and was a great kid.

Advertisement
Back