Dunning impressed with UM's season so far

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
Tyler Dunning, who is rated as a 4-star linebacker by 247Sports Composite rankings, has been one of the more vocal commits for Miami's 2017 recruiting class. And he holds nothing back when talking about his love for the Miami Hurricanes coaching staff.

"I talk to them a lot. I stay in touch with them all the time. Al Golden text me almost everyday. Coach Hurlie Brown checks up on me all the time. Coach (D'Onofrio), Coach (Kareem) Brown, almost the whole coaching staff talks to me," said Dunning.

Dunning has been pleased with the 'Canes (3-0) play thus far. He was on the sidelines last week at Sun Life Stadium to watch UM's thrilling overtime win against Nebraska last weekend.

"The atmosphere down there was great. Miami's swag is starting to come back and I think they can definitely win the ACC this year," added Dunning.

Dunning, a key contributor for the St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders,registered the biggest win of their season so far Friday night when they beat the No. 1 ranked team in Class 5A, the Hallandale Chargers, 36-28.

The Raiders were trailing 28-23 when Dunning recovered a fumble with 5:26 remaining in the fourth quarter. The Raiders would score the go-ahead touchdown on the ensuing drive.

"This win was great. It just feels great. Coach (Roger) Harriott is turning this program into a family. When all of us come together there is nobody that can beat us. All we're focused on is the standard and winning states."

Advertisement
Sounds like a productive LB for the 2017 class.

Anthony Solomon is a 2019 LB at STA who already has offers from many of the big-time programs...Could be another LB to watch for out of the school...

Sounds like a productive LB for the 2017 class.

Anthony Solomon is a 2019 LB at STA who already has offers from many of the big-time programs...Could be another LB to watch for out of the school...

2019 wtf lol. Recruiting is ****ing crazy

kid plays dt for sta.

Need to see him lining up at LB for them more.

STA does have that young lb duo that were busting heads in the 2 games i saw so far this year...that should have um offers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back