Duke Still Recruiting For Canes

87FireCane

Freshman
Premium
Duke Johnson helped lead his team to a 15-0 season and a state championship. Now he's competing at the Under Armour game.

"I'm just here to bond with the players, compete, have fun, and try to get another Commit or two (for Miami)," Johnson said.

Johnson, 5-foot-9 and 180 pounds, talked about what he's been doing since the season ended.

"The last two weeks I’ve been track practice, getting my cardio up for this game. I’ll be back in track when I get back."

Johnson made a very early commitment to Miami and remains solid in his pledge.

"That’s my school. I dreamed going there and when I had the opportunity, I took it. Lamar Miller leaving makes it even better. Even if I don’t get a lot of carries, I’m still excited. I can play somewhere. I just always wanted to be part of their program and now I'll soon be doing that."

Johnson, who says he is not at all bothered by potential NCAA penalties against UM, talked about his

relationship with running backs coach Terry Richardson.

"He’s a great guy. It’s not always about football with him. He checks up on me and my life. Football is why he’s at me but it’s not the only reason. I have a good relationship with him."

The five-star running back prospect believes he's part of a very good recruiting class at Miami.

"I try to build relationships all the time. Even if I didn’t already know them. I wanna get everyone on board with me. We're gonna be a real good class, gonna help put UM back on top. I'm excited."

Advertisement
keep it coming. we are really rounding 3rd here as far as recruiting is concerned. not much time left.

Really lucked out in having this kid fall in love with us. Great attitude, elite talent that has not played games, and is firm, and a great representative for the school. Hope it rubs off on a few guys on the fence.

A side note: At lunch today, Duke Johnson, Jean-Louis, Dewey, and Avery Young sat at the same table. Duke seems to be recruiting Avery

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back