Duke Gameday - Week 12

View as article

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
37.jpg

This is it, the final game of the season. Sanctions loom in the distance and their won't be anymore Canes football until August 31st 2013. Feels bad man. Since last week's victory over USF, we've self-imposed another bowl ban and found out the NCAA investigative committee is a bunch of ********. The only way this week could get any worse is to lose to Duke in football. So lets try not to do that.

38.jpg

Where:
Wallace Wade Stadium

Who:
Miami Hurricanes (6-5) v. Duke Blue Devils (6-5)

When: 12:30 pm/et

How: TV - ACC Network or the interwebz on
. Be on the lookout for a link to a stream on the Gameday forum.

4 storylines for UM in this game:

1. Can Miami's secondary lockdown Vernon & Crowder?
Can the defense get after Sean Renfree?
3. Can Duke beat Duke?
4. Will Miami compete, or sleepwalk like they did against B.C. last year?

Duke's top 2 receivers each have over 60 receptions and over 800 yards receiving on the year. It'll be paramount for the secondary hang tough this week. Deon Bush's return to the lineup will be key.

It's also going to important to get after Renfree with with pressure to try and force some turnovers and disrupt their passing game. Renfree has thrown 38 picks in 3 years as a starter so he's prone to turn it over.

Duke Johnson is the MVP of the offense this year and I expect him to have another big game. Duke's rushing defense is almost as bad as ours, giving up 196 yards per game on the ground.

After imposing another bowl ban the biggest question in my mind is will the team be lethargic like they were against B.C. last year, or will they play like they want to win? If it's the latter I think we roll. If it's the former, we'll probably be witnessing another shootout to end the year.

Last time they met:

[video=youtube;jPNbnfOcgp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPNbnfOcgp4[/video]

What people were saying after our glorious victory:

Jacory confidently stepped *into* the pocket with his eyes downfield on multiple occasions. That's the Jacory Harris that went up to Tally a couple years ago, stepped into the pocket and threw a strike to Travis Benjamin on a deep corner route at the end of the game.

We have an incredible challenge next week. Jacory cannot "drift" - literally (as in when he drifts back away from the pocket) or figuratively (as in any focus lost after things don't go perfectly).

Rock and Roll. It's FSU week now.

Know your enemy:
Duke Sports Blog

What they're saying:

Mike Kline said:
Regardless of what happens next Saturday when Duke closes out its season against Miami it is impossible not for me to declare the 2012 season a success. Even though the season is a success, I’m not happy. I’m not happy that Duke hasn’t won a game in November. I’m not happy that a winnable game against Georgia Tech turned into a one-sided game, dominated by the Yellow Jackets.
I’m not happy with some of the coaches decisions or the team’s execution at times and a lot of Duke Sunday Morning Quarterbacks are lamenting the same things. Still this season I have to admit has been an unmitigated success but I still want more.

Anytime someone on the board gets ridiculed for being "too negative", remember the bolded portion. This dude is a Duke football blogger that is finding a way to complain about their first bowl eligible season since 1994. If Duke fans can do it, so can we.

10.png
Miami Notes:

1. Golden insists he's committed to UM's future.
. Players want the Senior's to go out winners.
3. Many questions still surround UM football.

139046_o2.gif

17.png
Duke
Notes:

1. As Renfree got better, so did Duke.

2. David Cutcliffe signs extension through 2019.
Cutcliffe says Duke will have to handle Miami's speed.

Favorite Duke related Image, Photoshop, Video or Gif
:

[video=youtube;bF6S0-A2UHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF6S0-A2UHg[/video]

Such a **** shame that this play didn't even count because of a penalty. Debo is the GOAT.

Extremities/Suspensions/Funerals:

10.png
Miami 2-deep depth chart

Injuries:

Miami (FL) Hurricanes
Next game: Miami (FL) at Duke on 11/24​
DatePlayer NamePosStatusInjuryNotes
11/18Deon BushLBQuestionableStingerDeon Bush suffered a stinger in the game against Virginia Tech. The Canes remain optimistic that he will be fine for the weekend, but he still remains questionable.
11/14Davon JohnsonWROut For YearKneeStarting wide receiver Davon Johnson has been ruled out for the remainder of the season due to a knee injury. Johnson is the Canes third leading receiver with 348 yards on 21 catches this season.
11/10Rashawn ScottWROutSuspensionOne of Miami's top receiver is out with a suspension due to a violation of team rules. Rashawn Scott has played in nine games season and caught 35 passes for 512 yards and three touchdowns.
11/08Robert LockhartWROut For YearLegTrue freshman Robert Lockhart is out for the year with a leg injury. Lockhart has played in two games this season, and likely burned his redshirt.
10/28Eduardo ClementsRBOut For YearUndisclosedBackup running back Eduardo Clements is out for the year with an undisclosed injury. He played in seven games this season carrying the ball 16 times for 70 yards and two touchdowns.
10/19Ben JonesOLOut For YearFootReserve offensive lineman Ben Jones missed the game against North Carolina and is now out for the year.
10/02Jermaine JohnsonOLOutPersonalJermaine Johnson has not been with the team for a few weeks now due to personal reasons and there is no timetable for when he'll be back.
09/19Sean McNallyLSOut For YearUndisclosedJunior Sean McNally is expected to miss the remainder of the season with an undisclosed injury.
09/09Ramon BuchananLBOut For YearKneeBuchanan will miss the rest of the season with a right knee injury he suffered during the Kansas State game. The fifth-year senior was also injured last season after starting only 4 games.

17.png
Duke 2-deep depth chart

Injuries:

Duke Blue Devils
Next game: Miami (FL) at Duke on 11/24​
DatePlayer NamePosStatusInjuryNotes
11/16Brandon BraxtonSDoubtfulUndisclosedBrandon Braxton is doubtful after missing the game against Georgia Tech with an undisclosed injury. He is fourth on the team with 35 tackles.
10/26Anthony Young-WisemanSOutKneeJunior Anthony Young-Wiseman had knee surgery for a torn meniscus in his right knee and is out indefinitely. He has played in six games this year, amassing seven tackles.
10/21Brendan FowlerLBQuestionableUpper BodyThe junior reserve LB missed the past four games and is questionable for the week 9 contest.
10/18Tim BurtonCB/KROut For YearDismissedFreshman cornerback Tim Burton was dismissed by Coach Cutcliffe for a violation of team rules. Burton was 6th on the team in total offense as the team's primary kickoff returner. Jela Duncan and Lee Butler are expected to pick up the slack on kick returns for the Blue Devils.
10/02August CampbellSSOut For YearLeft the TeamCampbell, who has been suffering from injuries, had decided to leave the Duke football team for personal reasons. Duke is very thin in the secondary. They have even converted Dwayne Norman, a freshman, to safety.
08/29Jared BoydCBOutACLBoyd had offseason surgery to repair a torn ACL and has yet to return to the field. The redshirt freshman gave no timetable on when he might return. He was expected to have a backup role this season.
08/29Lucas PatrickLGOutAnklePatrick fractured his left ankle in the off season and will be out indefinitely. The redshirt freshman was expected to be a key player off the bench this season.
08/29Jordon ByasSOutKneeByas will be out indefinitely after undergoing surgery to repair a torn left meniscus. Duke has now lost five projected starters. Byas started 5 games last season and appeared in 11. He had 40 tackles last year.

Gameday Character:

We'll do one last job...and then we disappear forever.

39.jpg

Bow Bow

Lets Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
lets get jenkins and kirby playing time, and dallas and herb time on o....will we see then d line get penetration?

Advertisement
Bravo Dan E Bravo. That best return was the greatest. Hope these guys show up to play with a chip on their shoulders. Especially Deon Bush. I look for the returning young men to go out winners, and play hard.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back