Dudley- Gordon Wants Miami

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Cypress Bay S Marquese Dudley-Gordon showed a lot of emotion on Friday night in his team’s State Semi-Final battle against Christopher Columbus.

Dudley-Gordon played a key role in his team’s victory, as the Lightning’s defense was terrifying. The junior talked about what it meant for his team to make the State Championship.

“It means a lot to us. We worked so hard since January of last year, we have been having practice early in the morning, running hills and been coming together as a family.”

Dudley-Gordon is one of the more highly ranked safety’s for the class of 2014 and talked about some of the school that have been talking to him.

“I’ve been talking to Cincinnati, Rutgers, Clemson, Mississippi State and a few more.”

Gordon has had contact with UM, but not much lately.

“Not really much, I guess they are just looking over me, but they haven’t been talking to me.”

Despite the lack of communication, Dudley-Gordon still has interest in Miami.

“I like their work ethic, because I am so used to working hard, so their work ethic is great.”

“MDG” says he won’t be rushing to any decision.

“My decision is going to come with my family, I will take all five of my Official visits so I can make the right choice for college.”

While the Hard-hitting safety is a terror on defense, he also possesses talent on the offensive side of the ball and is willing to play both in college.

“To be honest, it’s where ever they want to put me at. I’m reliable to play any position. I just want to do it for the team.”

Gordon doesn’t have any front-runners at the moment, but does know what he will want in a school.

Advertisement
Dudley-Gordon is Cypress Bay's best player, and it's not even close. On a team with Matt Dayes and Alex Montgomery (among others), that is saying something.

We would be wise to evaluate him seriously and strongly consider offering him. If it were me, I would have offered him already.

Dudley-Gordon is Cypress Bay's best player, and it's not even close. On a team with Matt Dayes and Alex Montgomery (among others), that is saying something.

We would be wise to evaluate him seriously and strongly consider offering him. If it were me, I would have offered him already.

I can't agree with you anymore. guys like Gordon and Quincy Wilson are guys Miami should be killing for but haven't even whispered to.

I can't agree with you anymore. guys like Gordon and Quincy Wilson are guys Miami should be killing for but haven't even whispered to.

Dudley-Gordon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wilson IMO

Way, WAY more explosive as an athlete, and has very good technique. He's the one I look at out of these 2.

Advertisement

Dudley-Gordon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wilson IMO

Way, WAY more explosive as an athlete, and has very good technique. He's the one I look at out of these 2.

Not questioning that but I'm saying in regards to Miami, these are Secondary players they should be talking to

2014 DB Class:

JDG-Safety
Jon Jackson-Safety
Trumaine Washington-CB
Q. Wilson-CB

lock that up early as possible

Advertisement
We should be recruiting all of the 2014 kids HARD, we cant slow play these South Florida kids forever and think we can lock them up in the last month.

Golden and co. want to see you perform at his camp. Plenty of local kids don't particularly like that idea, however it's Golden's way and not sure he's going to change.

Let's please try to consistently link to or otherwise write in the sizes (and potentially speeds) of these players.

Advertisement
Some of y'all act like these kids would ink with FAU if they offered first.

Again. We haven't even inked 2013 yet, and folks are hyperventilating about slow-playing next year kids.

I understand that other programs may be talking to these kids already, but I'm not sure how much that matters when AG and Co start to seriously recruit kids. Were we the first ones on Deon Bush? TH? Lockhart? Jelani Hamilton? I doubt it. Worry about slow-playing when we actually get burnt as a result. Until then, you're just acting like women. Creating problems where there aren't any.

Advertisement

Again. We haven't even inked 2013 yet, and folks are hyperventilating about slow-playing next year kids.

I understand that other programs may be talking to these kids already, but I'm not sure how much that matters when AG and Co start to seriously recruit kids. Were we the first ones on Deon Bush? TH? Lockhart? Jelani Hamilton? I doubt it. Worry about slow-playing when we actually get burnt as a result. Until then, you're just acting like women. Creating problems where there aren't any.

We were first on Deon and Tracy

So weren't first on Lockhart or Hamilton. Yet still signed them.

You're not going to be the first offer for every stud. It's a fact of life. Deal with it.

So weren't first on Lockhart or Hamilton. Yet still signed them.

You're not going to be the first offer for every stud. It's a fact of life. Deal with it.

But Lockhart wasn't being recruited by any other major Florida schools. We don't necessarily have to be first to offer every South Florida kid, but we can't let ourselves fall far behind and then swoop in.

Advertisement
Back