DT Isaiah Hastings (commits to Mizz 1.15.24)

Advertisement
I thinkg that part of selling Lucas and Shemar is that they'll really get a chance at end so regardless of where this recruitment goes it makes perfect sense. Michigan, ND and Tennessee offers

Advertisement
@Arehel anything on this kid? His bio says he’s from Toronto.
Let me do some digging.
There hasn't been any organized ball in Canada for over a year now.
Off the hop kids from Toronto don't go far. Think northeast, Michigan and Penn State are the big pulls here and close. That TE last year, those were the two main schools for a reason.
We're liberal here, so the SEC pull won't be there, that's a monster cultural jump.
Miami can make a push, if he feels comfortable with the players and culture. The distance isn't the problem it's only a 3hr flight from toronto to miami and it's cheap.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Camp highlights (canada)

Sophomore season (Canada)

Looks like a project to me good comp on the schedule in 2019

Let me do some digging.
There hasn't been any organized ball in Canada for over a year now.
Off the hop kids from Toronto don't go far. Think northeast, Michigan and Penn State are the big pulls here and close. That TE last year, those were the two main schools for a reason.
We're liberal here, so the SEC pull won't be there, that's a monster cultural jump.
Miami can make a push, if he feels comfortable with the players and culture. The distance isn't the problem it's only a 3hr flight from toronto to miami and it's cheap.
Don’t know about Toronto specifically, but we have had a good experience with Canada kids, going back to Alonzo Highsmith. (Yes, Highsmith). We’ve done especially well with OLs. That was largely because of Art Kehoe. UM has an attractiveness to Canadians, I believe. From what I understand, south Florida is a very popular travel destination for Canadians. They don’t want to Tuscaloosa or Athens, GA, I guess.

Don’t know about Toronto specifically, but we have had a good experience with Canada kids, going back to Alonzo Highsmith. (Yes, Highsmith). We’ve done especially well with OLs. That was largely because of Art Kehoe. UM has an attractiveness to Canadians, I believe. From what I understand, south Florida is a very popular travel destination for Canadians. They don’t want to Tuscaloosa or Athens, GA, I guess.
Romberg
Sherko
Mercier

Advertisement

Has to be the weather, you go to Cuba and the Hotels are filled with Canadians.

He just transferred to Clearwater international. That school is known for taking Canadian kids. I posted a couple kids from that school last years.

First thing you’re gonna notice is how long he is and how well he moves. For a kid that hasn’t had the best coaching he’s got really good, strong hands. Obviously a great motor as well. He’s the prototype project but he reminds me a bit of Akiem Hicks but with a smaller frame. Hicks plays at around 330 and Hastings will probably get around 310. Michigan offered on the 2nd, ND offered, UT, USF, Perdue, WVU, GT, ASU, and growing. He’s a priority and DL No. 3 for me behind Lucas and Bear. He’s not the bonafide 1st rounder like Shemar but Kelly and him have similar ceilings.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He just transferred to Clearwater international. That school is known for taking Canadian kids. I posted a couple kids from that school last years.

First thing you’re gonna notice is how long he is and how well he moves. For a kid that hasn’t had the best coaching he’s got really good, strong hands. Obviously a great motor as well. He’s the prototype project but he reminds me a bit of Akiem Hicks but with a smaller frame. Hicks plays at around 330 and Hastings will probably get around 310. Michigan offered on the 2nd, ND offered, UT, USF, Perdue, WVU, GT, ASU, and growing. He’s a priority and DL No. 3 for me behind Lucas and Bear. He’s not the bonafide 1st rounder like Shemar but Kelly and him have similar ceilings.

Tarbor and Lyons please...Let's not over think this.

Lyons and Tarber have no where near the ceiling or athleticism this kid has. Tarber isn’t even a take. Macho came out and said they got questions about the kids motor.

He definitely should be a take...I thought Macho downplayed this. Direct quote from him?

Lyons ceiling is huge as a 3 tech

Advertisement
Back