DT Clark has Miami on top

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
When I spoke to 2014 DT Khairi Clark of Chaminade back in January, he said his main focus this offseason was to work on his speed and conditioning. The mammoth defensive lineman updated how his training has gone.

“It’s going real good. I’m just doing cone drills, jogging, sprints, and suicides. With more speed, I can get to the quarterback even quicker,” said Clark.

Although spring football hasn’t even come yet, Clark is already looking ahead to his senior season.

“That’s all I can think about right now. I’m just trying to get faster and look beyond spring football. I’m trying to be ranked higher and become a better player on-and-off the field and just continue to work hard.”

Two of Chaminade’s top players from this past season in QB Sean White and LB Richard Yeargin both transferred to University School, which is something that Clark is using as motivation.

“It’s all about being loyal. If you’re loyal to a program, then you’ll stay with the program. It really motivates me to want to have a better game against that team.”

As far as recruiting goes, Clark has been to every Miami Junior Day in the past couple months. Why has he made the effort to make it down to these events?

“It’s because I like Miami a lot. I’ve learned that it’s a big family and everyone just sticks together. I go with my mom and my cousin and they’re getting that same vibe.”

Defensive Line coach Jethro Franklin has been the one leading Clark’s recruitment.

“It’s a good relationship with him. He treats me as one of his own children. He’s very careful towards you and tells it to you straight up.”
Is Miami his number one choice?

“Yeah, they’re my top school right now.”

Despite Miami’s apparent lead, Clark says he doesn’t know when he will announce his decision.

“I really can’t say right now. I’m just waiting it out and trying to take in as much of it as I can.”

**Clark says he is scheduled to attend an upcoming UF spring practice.

Advertisement
It’s all about being loyal. If you’re loyal to a program, then you’ll stay with the program. It really motivates me to want to have a better game against that team.”

Hope he feels the same when we line up against FSU kids from Miami-Dade

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pete was Jethro the lead recruiter on Bostwick?

I see what you're doing. You're already suspect IMO.

what am I doing?

hinting that Bostwick went to UF, and if Jethro was the recruiter then he would serve as a common denominator that could lead some to believe Clark will do the same. Not saying you mean to do it, you're a Gator......
I just want to know who the Gators were up against for Bostwick and if its the same person this time. I am not saying the Gators are going to get Clark I think we all know he is a Miami lean he even told Pete he was.

Pete was Jethro the lead recruiter on Bostwick?

I see what you're doing. You're already suspect IMO.

what am I doing?

hinting that Bostwick went to UF, and if Jethro was the recruiter then he would serve as a common denominator that could lead some to believe Clark will do the same. Not saying you mean to do it, you're a Gator......
I just want to know who the Gators were up against for Bostwick and if its the same person this time. I am not saying the Gators are going to get Clark I think we all know he is a Miami lean he even told Pete he was.

i understand your not saying the Gators will get him. But naturally, seeing how you are a Gator, and the Gators did beat us for Bostwick. And you're asking if Jethro was his main recruiter..... you're obviously qualifying your chances. Nothing wrong with that, you are a Gator...

There is something wrong with you being a Gator, but thats a different conversation

Advertisement
I broke into Jethro's house last week, the dude can't even close his front door.

/jk

Advertisement
What would you rather him say......I hate Miami. Al Golden sends me nudie pics of little boys and right now Im getting a restraining order.

I know what you're getting at, but jeez

Advertisement
Back