31 Cecconi (+5)
72 Rosario (-7)
100 Mederos (-41)
101 Zamora (-53)
132 Morales
150 Infante (NR)

I have become more convinced that Slade is about as gone as McMahon

Some excerpts
On Slade: He’s convinced many he can maintain his stuff to start, but there is the chance he ends up in a bullpen one day, where that fastball-slider combination would play up.

On Freddy: He can play with a low motor at times, but with his overall skill set, and he’ll now have to answer questions about his makeup (re: the 6 game suspension), but he has the tools to be a top three-round talent.
Not the news I was hoping for, but thanks for the update.

Advertisement
Two former Miami recruits pop up in the updated top 500 from Baseball Americ.
Dylan Eskrew #475 - Chipola JC
Hylan Hall #482 - Wabash Valley JC

Two former Miami recruits pop up in the updated top 500 from Baseball Americ.
Dylan Eskrew #475 - Chipola JC
Hylan Hall #482 - Wabash Valley JC

We might need one or both of them to come back, if that door was left open. If these rankings are correct, they won't get drafted this time through if MLB sticks to the 5 round 2020 draft.

Advertisement
Which is why I hope there's still an open door w Eskew. Rotation will have the biggest need next year.
Keysor will be a starter, then we need AMac, Palm and Garland to step up. If BVB does not come back we are rebuilding the entire weekend rotation. I would love Eskew to show up here, just not sure it happens

I think he may, I think BVB will as well as Gil
I'm on the fence with Toral
CMac and Slade are likely gone
Like I said if we could get 2 of Slade, Mac, BVB, and Z back that’s a win for us. I think Toral and Gill will definitely be back. Hopefully we don’t lose many incoming dudes to the draft.

Latest MLB proposal for the draft that the MLBPA rejected (per The Athletic):
-10 Round Draft
-Rounds 6-10 (50% of slot from last year)
-Only five undrafted players for 20K
-All other unsigned players with a cap of 5K

Advertisement
If we're going to lose McMahon and Cecconi, maybe we sign most of our highly reruited HS kids at least.
It’s going to be fascinating to see how this plays out. A lot of really good players at all levels won’t get drafted and aren’t signing for $20k. A lot of college teams will be loaded next year. Miami should be one of them.

It’s going to be fascinating to see how this plays out. A lot of really good players at all levels won’t get drafted and aren’t signing for $20k. A lot of college teams will be loaded next year. Miami should be one of them.
I just hope we don’t lose Slade, McMahon, and BVB.

Advertisement
I just hope we don’t lose Slade, McMahon, and BVB.
I have to think BVB will come back. I can’t see him going in a 5 round draft. Even though he will “old” by coming back for a sixth year, I have to think he can get more than $20k a year from now. Right?

Slade still has a lot of leverage with 2 years of eligibility left. He might make a high $ demand prior to the draft. Maybe that pushes him out of the draft. These MLB teams appear to be wanting to front as little money as possible on this draft class.

I have to think BVB will come back. I can’t see him going in a 5 round draft. Even though he will “old” by coming back for a sixth year, I have to think he can get more than $20k a year from now. Right?

Slade still has a lot of leverage with 2 years of eligibility left. He might make a high $ demand prior to the draft. Maybe that pushes him out of the draft. These MLB teams appear to be wanting to front as little money as possible on this draft class.
Oh yea if BVB pitches next year like he was this year, then he will go very early in next years draft. I know Slade has a ton of potential but the results haven’t been there. McMahon is definitely gone. I’m interested to see who goes out of the recruits.

BVB would have no leverage as a senior sign, and would likely sign for 5-10k or less.

Advertisement
BVB would have no leverage as a senior sign, and would likely sign for 5-10k or less.

wondering if the dynamics change. independent ML teams may be an option for seniors who don't like the deal on the table. they can say: "sign me for more or see you next year."

Keith Law has McMahon going 17th to the Red Sox in his first round mock draft on The Athletic.

Law also said that there are rumors teams will offer vastly below slot “take it or leave it offers” and take comp picks in next years draft. That’s the type of scenario where I could see Slade or Freddy come back next year.

MLB.com has expanded to a Top 200 with Toral ranked 186. With comp picks there are 160 picks in the draft. Factoring in high school players with signability issues or any college players with special circumstances that might roll the dice on next year’s draft (Freddy?), that leaves Toral on the cusp of getting selected.

They have Slade going 24th to the Rays and McMahon slipping out of the first round in their mock

Slade and McMahon have electric stuff, I think both are gone.

Freddy is a toss up, Toral should be back. BVB should be back as well.

Hopefully we sign our top recruits and they make it to campus. I envision a lot of top HS prospects going JUCO next year to re-enter the draft pool in 2021.

Advertisement
Back