DOOK

NaplesCane

Portal transfer
Premium
Down 6-0 going into bottom of 6th. A Couple of interesting notes. Duke has six guys from the state of Florida in the lineup. Miami has 5 FIVE guys in the lineup that's batting less 175. The whole team only has 13 home runs so far this year. It's almost impossible to do this. I would bet my car that I could still hit over 175.

Batting Averages

Batista 167
Gali 246
Chester 266
Gonzalez 271
Burns 253
Michealangeli 152
Tackett 143
Barr 125
Gomez 147

Advertisement
Earlier in the season when it became obvious how poor a hitting team this was, I remember comparing it to the Peter O'Brien season (minus Peter O'Brien). In retrospect, that team was the 27 Yankees compared to this embarrassment.

Wow what a come back. Hopefully this is the turning point that gets them out of their funk. This win can go a long way. Congrats to the canes tonight.

Advertisement
Needed this series. Other than FSU (that isn't even that good this year) and UVA, the remaining conference schedule is very favorable for a run to save the streak.

Last edited:
Needed this series. Other than FSU (that isn't even that good this year) and UVA, the remaining conference schedule is very favorable for a run to save the streak.

As much as I've bagged on this team there's no way I'd pass up a chance at the streak continuing if we can get it. Let's gooooooo.

Advertisement

As much as I've bagged on this team there's no way I'd pass up a chance at the streak continuing if we can get it. Let's gooooooo.

Seriously. Get a #3 seed. We don't care. Just don't blow the streak.

Ruiz starting to hit. If He, Barr, and Michelangeli can get on track, the pitching has been good enough, and the upcoming competition is weak enough that they could still make a regional.

RPI is 77. I don't think any team has gotten an at-large bid with an RPI worse than 60.

Last edited:
Advertisement
RPI is 77. I don't think any team has gotten an at-large bid with an RPI worse than 60.

The RPI issue goes without saying. The RPI will go up by default with 16 more ACC games plus two against FGCU and one against UCF. The real question is if we can get to 35 wins.

Please tell me why Michelangeli is still in the lineup? I haven't watched every game this year but he is been pretty bad

Advertisement

The RPI issue goes without saying. The RPI will go up by default with 16 more ACC games plus two against FGCU and one against UCF. The real question is if we can get to 35 wins.

Up, yes, but up enough? If we get it into the 50s we'll get in by name recognition alone.

If this isn't tonight's lineup I'll delete all of my posts:

batista, dh
davison, lf
chester, cf
gonzalez, 2b
ruiz, ss
burns, rf
michelangeli, 3b
barr, 1b
gomez, c

Up, yes, but up enough? If we get it into the 50s we'll get in by name recognition alone.

I've gotten pretty good at running a predictive RPI model based on future schedules, and with a 17-8 finish - and based on future opponents' records - I have us at .5612, which is currently good for #45 .

Obviously there are a lot of moving parts that could affect this. We really need to take care of a bunch of road games since they count for more. And unfortunately we need Florida to pick it up in the SEC since OWP is 50% of the metric.

Want to know the disgusting thing? The two Dartmouth losses - if reversed - would have us at #53 right now and still in good shape.

Advertisement
Back