Dolphins owner donates $200 million to UM

U Know

Junior
I guess since he couldn't get the tax payers to front the remaining money for the Sun life stadium renovation; he decided to donate his money to his alma mater-University of Michigan. The actual total amount is $313 million dollars. I know it's his money and he can do what he wants to do with it. But, being a Canes fan and having to play in what's considered to be one of the worst fan friendly stadiums, I would've like to see my Canes benefited from such a large donation. But, oh well...we'll just have to kick a** in that crappy place, starting on Saturday.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...er-stephen-ross-give-200m-univeristy-michigan

Last edited:
Advertisement
Should have put it into the stadium to get some upgrades done to it at least

Weak. Glad the county denied the renovations plan. In 10 years, that stadium would have been outdated again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would like to ask that every single dolphin fan remember this the next time you go to buy tickets to that pathetic piece of **** organization. Your money is going to michigan athletics. Of course you guys are also supporting the nfl franchise that celebrated the florida gators on the field that UM plays on.

Vote with your own **** dollars people!!!

That piece of garbage want's the tax payers to pay for upgrades while he benefits from it, scumbag. Kind of like gov workers raping the tax payers with those bloated salaries, early pensions, drop scams ect.

I would like to ask that every single dolphin fan remember this the next time you go to buy tickets to that pathetic piece of **** organization. Your money is going to michigan athletics. Of course you guys are also supporting the nfl franchise that celebrated the florida gators on the field that UM plays on.

he went to michigan (the business school is named after the guy and its a pretty **** good bschool too = Ross School of Business) so i cant blame him for donating it to them and its also not the first time he has donated back to his alma mater. it just sucks that he is crying bout money for the stadium when he has more than enough to pay for renovations but dont act naive. no owner ever pays for stadium upgrades and renovations out of their own pocket nowadays (very rare if they do). the counties all across america r dumb enough to pay for the stadiums, why should they ever dip into their pockets.

I agree!

Advertisement
fins are gonna suck that is the nice part....

maybe we can get a game with U of M ( btw) down here so he show is love in person...

Advertisement
Cotdamnit. For once, I thought this guy had made a move to endear himself to this community. I was excited. F this thread.

lol u guys r expecting he donate to a school he has no ties to? he went to beach high then Umich and has the business school named after him. the stadium renovations will happen eventually, but he can donate to his alma mater if he wants. its his money and w the ppl who r mad at him now, why dont we put our money up for the stadium reno.

Advertisement
Back