Dobard Previews Season

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami Tight End commit Standish Dobard has been preparing for his upcoming season in Louisiana for Edna Karr High School.

“I’ve been grinding, practicing hard, icing, and things like that. I wanna do better than I did last year.”

Their first game will be this Saturday against St. Augustine high school.

“We’re playing against St. Aug and they’re a very good team, very talented. They have a great player by the name of Leonard Fournette, the running back. We just gotta come out with the W.”

Dobard says that his Miami commitment is still solid and he continues to speak with his position coach, Brennan Carroll.

“He’s just been telling me how they’re gonna use me as a pro-style tight end. I’ll be putting my hand in the dirt to block and sometimes split out at the slot to catch balls.”

A prospect that Dobard knows personally is Miami target, Tim Williams.

“We talk sometimes. He has said some things about Miami, but he kinda keeps everything quiet about that.”

He was down in Coral Gables for an Al Golden Football Camp in June and talked to a couple ‘Cane commits.

“I talked to Olsen at the camp and the offensive lineman Gall too. Olsen is a great quarterback.”

Dobard noted that two things he is working on improving this season is his blocking and route running. He says he will be taking his official visit to Miami for the Florida State game.

Advertisement
Should ask him about Gerald Willis and Speedy next time to find out how interested they are in Miami.

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;748463 said:
Nah Olsen to T Johnson. Kids gonna ball out at the U

Agreed but Dobard is probably more athletic than Johnson. Either way that's a couple of huge weapons for Olsen.

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;748463 said:

Agreed but Dobard is probably more athletic than Johnson. Either way that's a couple of huge weapons for Olsen.

From what I've seen, Johnson is more athletic from a coordination and quickness-out-of-breaks standpoint.

Dobard reminds me of a Brandon Pettigrew, or perhaps a heavier Kevin Everett. Both he and Travis Johnson will benefit from better nutrition and conditioning at the college level.

[]_[] swag;748463 said:

From what I've seen, Johnson is more athletic from a coordination and quickness-out-of-breaks standpoint.

Dobard reminds me of a Brandon Pettigrew, or perhaps a heavier Kevin Everett. Both he and Travis Johnson will benefit from better nutrition and conditioning at the college level.

I should clarify. Johnson is definitely ahead like you described but he has a lot of weight to put on. Some forget he has still never played a snap at TE. Dobard is already good sized and athletic.

Either way, **** of a combo for Mr. Olsen going forward.

[]_[] swag;748463 said:

I should clarify. Johnson is definitely ahead like you described but he has a lot of weight to put on. Some forget he has still never played a snap at TE. Dobard is already good sized and athletic.

Johnson needs to lose a lot of baby fat and I've been told hat Dobard is about 20 lbs. over his ideal weight

Advertisement
Miami Tight End commit Standish Dobard has been preparing for his upcoming season in Louisiana for Edna Karr High School.

“I’ve been grinding, practicing hard, icing, and things like that. I wanna do better than I did last year.”

Their first game will be this Saturday against St. Augustine high school.

“We’re playing against St. Aug and they’re a very good team, very talented. They have a great player by the name of Leonard Fournette, the running back. We just gotta come out with the W.”

Dobard says that his Miami commitment is still solid and he continues to speak with his position coach, Brennan Carroll.

“He’s just been telling me how they’re gonna use me as a pro-style tight end. I’ll be putting my hand in the dirt to block and sometimes split out at the slot to catch balls.”

A prospect that Dobard knows personally is Miami target, Tim Williams.

“We talk sometimes. He has said some things about Miami, but he kinda keeps everything quiet about that.”

He was down in Coral Gables for an Al Golden Football Camp in June and talked to a couple ‘Cane commits.

“I talked to Olsen at the camp and the offensive lineman Gall too. Olsen is a great quarterback.”

Dobard noted that two things he is working on improving this season is his blocking and route running. He says he will be taking his official visit to Miami for the Florida State game.

Hoo boy.

Him and Olsen are definitely my favorite recruits. Kid's blood runs with orange and green. Him and TJ will keep tight end U running.

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;748463 said:

Johnson needs to lose a lot of baby fat and I've been told hat Dobard is about 20 lbs. over his ideal weight

You got to see Dobard not too long ago right? A little S&C and he should be fine I guess.

I really like Johnson but TE is going to be a leap for him. Seen a lot of guys his size that couldn't put it all together at a bigger position so I'm cautiously optimistic about him.

You got to see Dobard not too long ago right? A little S&C and he should be fine I guess.

I really like Johnson but TE is going to be a leap for him. Seen a lot of guys his size that couldn't put it all together at a bigger position so I'm cautiously optimistic about him.

Oh yea, Dobard will be fine if he puts the work in. Losing some weight would help his speed tremendously as well.

With Johnson, I've posted this before and I'll say it again: the coaches know what he's good at. They're not gonna be asking him to block very much if at all. That's why Jeremy Kerr is in this class as well as Dobard, who is very well-rounded. Johnson won't necessarily have a defined role, but more of an H-back Aaron Hernandez type.

Advertisement
Back