DL Pass Rush. Just a Thought.

UMcanesfan420

Senior
Since we pretty much don't get pass rush from the DL, they really ought to work on deflecting balls or something. I mean, you ought to know after a second that your not getting to the QB and we get burned by quick slants and whatnot all the time.

JJ Watt said it himself and he is a great pass rusher, but it doesn't always work out that even he gets pressure. He said that once he knows he isn't getting there, he's looking to bat it down. Well, our guys pretty much know from jump street that they're not getting there, so just pretend like you're pass rushing for a sec and time it so you can still do some damage. At the very least you'll give the QB SOMETHING to worry about.

I know it's sad to resort to that, but our DL is just sad period and while I like our young LB's and DB's, it makes their job harder when the guys int he trenches are basically just going through the motions. Buy going through the motions, I don't mean they're not trying. I believe they're trying their hardest. It's just not good enough.

Advertisement
Man, our d lineman don't do ****. They should just fall down at the snap and make the o-line and backs at least have to jump over them. ****.

Advertisement
How about all of our DL falling down on there back and atleast that way they have to jump over them. There will be no holes to run threw and we can trip them when they jump over us. Really i thought we had gotten stronger this year ,but we are still getting pushed around.

Since we pretty much don't get pass rush from the DL, they really ought to work on deflecting balls or something. I mean, you ought to know after a second that your not getting to the QB and we get burned by quick slants and whatnot all the time.

JJ Watt said it himself and he is a great pass rusher, but it doesn't always work out that even he gets pressure. He said that once he knows he isn't getting there, he's looking to bat it down. Well, our guys pretty much know from jump street that they're not getting there, so just pretend like you're pass rushing for a sec and time it so you can still do some damage. At the very least you'll give the QB SOMETHING to worry about.

I know it's sad to resort to that, but our DL is just sad period and while I like our young LB's and DB's, it makes their job harder when the guys int he trenches are basically just going through the motions. Buy going through the motions, I don't mean they're not trying. I believe they're trying their hardest. It's just not good enough.

I was thinking this same thing. Seems like the DL never has their hands up when the ball is released. QB always has a clear window.

I was thinking this same thing. Seems like the DL never has their hands up when the ball is released. QB always has a clear window.

I specifically remember hearing Onofrio and Jethro preaching this in the offseason. Apparently they are not getting their message across to these kids because nobody ever has their hands up.

Advertisement
They just need to have a clock in their heads. It's like, ok, I tried the swim move, didn't work, look at the QB and time the jump.

if they make a play they will get yelled at by Dorito... I havent seen Luther in the game since he caused that forced fumble in the backfield...

This message is hidden because BigDikCane is on your ignore list.

Congrats. You're the first one on my ignore list. You've earned it.

Wait, now I can't negg you. Catch 22. Life's a B.

Starting line this week

Sophomore- Chick, R Freshmen- King, Sophomore- Pierre, R Junior- Green...... 1 of those guys should be playing LB(green) not only that but there are Freshmen backing up all these dudes.. That's our problem nobody in the country could do much with that.. Growing pains guys... It sucks but it is what it is..

Advertisement
Oh yeah and behind them 2 are sophomores Paul and Perryman and a R Freshmen- Johnson.... It's hard to do anything with this D

Advertisement
Back